Special Care Nursing Services, Inc. - Burbank, CA

Special Care Nursing Services, Inc. - Burbank, CA has yet not published prices.

Good Experience With This Home Care

Our experiences with this home care have been going very well. We are pleased with all they help they have provided us with . The care givers that the agency's send to our home have been great. They are doing very good job of helping my mother out.

Awful Experience

Absolutely awful experience with this company and owner Cindy I hired them for in-home care after my mom had a stroke. Initially things seemed great. They sent a number of candidates and we selected a few. Once the service started it was riddled with problems, miscommunications, ineptitude, lack of professionalism and down right negligence.

We had nurses show up multiple hours late or not at all, we have had nurses leave with critical medication and remain unreachable for days on end, we have had other nurses behave unprofessionally - with one nurse waking my mom in the middle of the night demanding to know why she was not one her chosen list of providers and openly arguing with the other nurse on duty about who gets the shift. We have had RNs show up hours late for their scheduled appointment unaware of the patient's address or even her correct name.

As if all of this is not terrible enough, in the many letters and conversations we had with owner Cindy she was dismissive of our concerns. When I told her that a nurse had left with my mom's medication for four days - and remained completely unreachable during that time - she told me "that happens sometimes." Really?

Fired them.

Would Recommend

Staff is skilled and competent. I have no complaints about the facility. Would recomend.

It’s time to make a decision for your loved one; do you keep them at home or research other options? I have been in the home care profession for nearly 30 years and have found that most people want to stay in the comforts of their own home.

In 1986 I founded Special Care Nursing Services, Inc. a personal attendant agency (non-medical). At Special Care Nursing we provide care to the frail elderly, persons recuperating from surgery/illness, respite for family and/or caregiver, assistance in hospice.

At Special Care Nursing we realize that no two people are the same and that each client has specific needs of their own. Therefore, our supervisors in conjunction with our Caregiver/C.N.A. /H.H.A. will develop a program especially for your current needs, and as your needs change your program will change. We offer you flexibility 4, 8, 12 or 24 hour care, one day per week or seven days per week. Our staff will work along with any other staff you may have in your home, i.e., home health physical therapy, or a hospice nurse, to make sure that you receive the best possible care.

At Special Care Nursing we recognize the importance of trust and compassion, which is why each employee from Special Care Nursing goes through an extensive application process. Each employee is carefully screened, qualified and trained to ensure you receive the best service possible. Each employee is covered with Malpractice Insurance,
Worker’s Compensation, General Liability and Bonded. Each employee has a Criminal Background Clearance. Our employees are required to have a CPR, TB, Physical and First Aide.