Prairie Hills at Ottumwa - Ottumwa, IA

Review of Prairie Hills

I was invited to do caricatures of the residents. We were in the South lounge sitting area which had great lighting. Many had never had a funny drawing done of themselves. All of the staff were very helpful. I especially noticed the way [name removed] gently kept on encouraging one of the residents who was a bit undecided to have her caricature drawn. Finally after all others were finished, she let me draw her. I had a great time talking with them and listening to them laugh about their drawing and sharing life stories. It's never for late to try something you have never done before!

Review of Prairie Hills

Prairie hills has been a great community for my mother! Numerous staff, including the Executive Director, Health Director and the Environmental Director have helped my mother adjust to a loving, caring environment. I would highly recommend this facility to any family needing a place for an elderly family member.

Review of Prairie Hills

I moved here from another Assisted Living community in town and am highly satisfied. All staff are very good to residents. There are lots of activities going on so you can keep busy every day. This is a great place to live!

Mom was here in January -March, when she fell and sent to Hospital til April 5th...They did NOT want her back, due to liability issues etc. THOROUGHLY enjoyed staff, etc.. Just Wasn't to be for mom at THAT time of her Early Onset ALZ. and my Voicing on her behalf. Had she started in Memory Care, as Dr. Recommended, might've been different.VERY NICE Facility and Staff!

[Removed] rocks!

Prairie Hills - Ottumwa is great. [Removed] was above and beyond helpful getting my parents moved into Prairie Hills last month, despite dealing with her own Dad's medical emergencies that weekend.