Oakwood Hills - Eau Claire, WI

This was a great place. The dining room was very large and bright with all the windows. The snack counter is a great idea. There were many gathering places for large groups. The library was beautiful. There were puzzle tables on every floor. The main floor had 2 different coffee stations and seating for people to gather. The residents were very happy and staff talked with many of the residents as we walked around.

Mom Had Adjusted Well To This Community

My mother has adjusted well with her move to this community. It is working out well for her, and I'am comfortable with her move to this community. This is a nice facility, and whenever I visit everything is always clean. They have a nice staff at this community. They are helpful whenever needed, and have been very friendly when I visit. The experience is going very well, and I would recommend this community. My mother is safe, and in good hands here.

Loves Living Here

Mom loves living in this community she is having a great time living there. They keep her busy with all the activities and events that they offer. She loves the residents and the staff. Everyone is so friendly and happy. I guess she is liking the food I have not heard any complaints in regards to the food so it must be good.

very nice. very beautiful retirement home. again moms not quite ready.

Very Good Overall, with One Concern

My mother has appreciated that meals and weekly cleaning are included, which makes life easier for her. Having a balcony overlooking the woods and wildlife is a definite plus, and her apartment is bright and spacious with plenty of storage. She is getting acquainted with more and more residents through the wide variety of activities. My one concern is that she needed to receive more complete training for using her emergency call button, which she has needed on one occasion. She believed that she had pushed the button to summon help, when it actually needed to be depressed farther. This situation delayed her receiving the help she needed; but now she understands how the button works.

Nice Community, Smaller Than Others

My tour of this community went pretty well. This is a smaller community compared to others. From what I saw the community appeared to be well maintained. The staff was nice and friendly. It was good experience, but it just wasn't the place for my mother and her needs. Very nice place overall.

Not A Good Start

On day 1, I called to let this community know we were moving in. When I got there the staff didn't know we were suppose to move-in! It was a rough beginning but now things are good. The staff seem nice and the place seems to okay and clean. My mom get lunch here and she likes the food. I guess I would recommend this place.

Holiday Retirement

Our apologies that the start of your life at Oakwood Hills was not satisfactory.

We hope that the steady improvements mean you may reconsider the 0.5 star review. We strive to get better all the time, and your feedback certainly helps us see that move-in communication needs some work.

Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you enjoy living at Oakwood!

Great community and friendly staff, reasonably priced

Oakwood Hills offers the full range of care that my Dad may require as he ages, all at a very reasonable price. Although he has not moved in yet, everyone there has been most helpful as we prepare to move my Dad from Florida to Eau Claire, Wisconsin. If there is anything I need help with in preparation for the move, the staff is very quick to offer options and help. We are excited to get this done and have Dad close by.

So far I don't mind it.

So far I don't mind it. He doesn't like to go down to meals because it takes almost two hours. The food itself is okay, they do a good job with catering to peoples diets. The eating takes up so much time there isn't much more time for the activities. It's kept clean, and the people are pretty friendly. It would be nice to have reminders when things are going on. The billing has been smooth, with no extra charges or hidden fees. We liked the location, and the price was reasonable.

Nice community

The people treat each one as an individual. The residents are also friendly. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. I rate the cleanliness 5 stars. I rate the friendliness 5 stars. I rate the value 4 stars. I rate the care services 5 stars. I rate the activities 5 stars. This is a really great facility. My loved one is very happy here. The Oakwood Hills is excellent. I would recommend it to anyone.

a place like home

The staff, facility, and the food was first rate. Mom felt very much at home, as did we. The family would highly recommend the living environment to all that would be interested in providing a wonderful living experience for a loved one.

providing what's needed and making people feel good

Very happy. The director has been very responsive with concerns when we had questions about how to do something. They know their population, knowing what people at that age need without putting them down or making them self conscious of their weaknesses that they have at that age. There was one small house-keeping concern once, but we brought it to their attention and it was handled promptly and never repeated.

This is an impressive facil...

This is an impressive facility and remains on our list.

My Mom had to go to the hospital on O...

My Mom had to go to the hospital on Oct 17 and her doctor would not release her back to Oakwood Hills as they did not have the care she needed.
We still had to pay another month's rent and they will mail the security deposit back at the end of another 30 days.

I don't understand that with a doctor's note--they would not release her from the contract.
THe glasses were not properly cleaned--some of the food was not cooked all the way through.

You pay enough for a good facility and you don't even get what they promised you.

The moment you enter Oakwood Hills, you’ll feel the relaxed grace, style and beauty that our residents cherish daily. A quiet home in the heart Eau Claire, you’ll enjoy the convenience of being close to the Oakwood Hills Mall, excellent healthcare and all the unique activities our community offers.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind