Lucille's Resting Nest - Douglasville, GA

Homesetting

This residential home is working so well for my mother. There are only 5 residents and she likes being here. The staff are so good with her and the others, she likes sitting in the TV room in her chair watching TV and visiting. They even let them eat in their chairs if they want to. All the meals are homemade and my mom is now eating 3 meals a day. Mom has a shared room and seems to do okay with that, there is screened in porch out front and a courtyard in the back for them to use. They offer a visiting nurse and I have arranged for mom to get her physical therapy there. I like the changes I am seeing in my mom since her move here.

Affordable & dementia care experience

I toured this house. The owner seemed passionate about care & shared that she had cared for her mom & was caring for her dad currently. Owner has a lot of previous experience taking care of patients with dementia. She has stairs, but there is a stair lift chair so it's not a problem. She has a van to provide transportation to doctor appointments & go out & do things if the residents are able. She also told me that she has a moblie beautician that comes to the house to do residents nails & hair. Pricing was fair for all she said she offered & was definitely way cheaper than the assisted living places I toured in Douglasville.

It was an okay home but their prices were a little high

It was an okay place overall. It was clean enough, and the staff was friendly enough. I did think the prices were a little high.

Nice lady seemed desperate ...

Nice lady seemed desperate to have someone; anyone which is a red flag for me. The curb appeal was lacking and the house is not made for a person in a wheelchair; bi-level and the upstairs has stair access only. My mom would be confined to the downstairs only. :(