New Perspective Senior Living | Cloquet/Barnum - Cloquet, MN

• No Smoking Indoors

Not what I expected

I was not impressed with this community when I toured it. The community did not have a clean smell to it. I did not like the apartments as they looked shabby. The doors were all open when you walked down the hallway. This community felt more like a hospital and I did not think this environment would work for my loved one.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve, and we humbly ask for the opportunity to make this right. Thank you providing this information so we can improve upon our services. We hope to hear from you soon.
New Perspective Senior Living | Cloquet

Excellent Job Taking Care of My Mother

I'am comfortable with my mother move to this community. Everything is working out well, and she is in good hands. They have a good staff, and they have been attentive, and helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness, everything looks great when I visit. They are doing an excellent job caring for her, and her needs.

Stacy Shuman

Thanks for the feedback, we strive to provide excellent service to our residents at New Perspective Senior Living. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Caring staff!

So far, my mother has been happy with her move to the New Perspective. She is still adjusting, but the staff has all been very accommodating. She has a favorite aide there.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, we hope your mother continues to like her new home. Wishing you a great day.

Helping Us Both Get Adjusted

This has been a difficult adjustment for both mother and I. This is a different environment for her, so she is still getting adjusted. This is a lovely community and they are doing their best to care for her. I am pleased knowing she is getting the proper care and I know she is safe. There is many activities for her to try out when she is ready. They are great with helping both of us get adjusted. I recommended it.

I really recommend Lighthouse of Cloquet!

I really recommend this community! The staff is great and makes sure my mom eats and takes her meds. She is is doing well. SHe does have her good and bad days or times of the day, but that's expected. She is in the early stages of Alzheimer's. She does like to socialize. It would be nice if there some more activities for her stage of Alzheimer's. Other residents are content with watching TV or listening to music. My mom likes to have her newspaper to read each day. The full on Alzheimer's patients are in a different area, which helps. There are only 10 residents in her building which helps a lot. Her room is wonderful. My mom said it doesn't stink there, it smells good so she is happy about that. I would say to make sure you follow up and remind them to do some things sometimes, my mom needs some help with paperwork. It is more expensive than I anticipated, but it is memory care so I expected to pay a little more.

Founded in 1998, New Perspective Senior Living (NPSL) is a family owned company that develops and operates vibrant, senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Our foundational belief--that all seniors deserve to Live Life on Purpose® and age with dignity--was forged from the personal experience of caring for a family member with Alzheimer's disease. Today, the company serves seniors in 21 communities with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care options. NPSL is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For more information, please visit www.npseniorliving.com.