Just Like Home - Valley Village, CA

Feels like home

I toured this facility in hopes of finding my Mother a home. This is a very nice community and I would have considered bringing her here for hospice care. The staff is very nice, warm, and attentive. When you walk in, it just feels like home. It’s spacious here and it just feels right. All of the residents seem well cared for. I would recommend this community to other families.

Lucky to have discovered this gem!

Alex and Mark are wonderful in providing a safe and caring environment for our mother. Alex and her fabulous staff help my mother continue her beauty routine which was a huge concern for her since her immediate family is out of town. Mark helps out with her daily assisted walks when PT is not available, and takes her to her various medical appointments. They hire empathetic caregivers who help make the daily routine not only pleasant but efficient. The house is always clean and the residents seem comfortable and well cared for. These are really my most important concerns.

My mom is not a fan of the food. However, my sister and I sampled it and found it delicious. Everything is homemade.
My mother prefers all organic, grass-fed food and this would be difficult to find anywhere on a restricted budget. Mark and Alex are great at going the extra mile to add special items such as a roitiserie chicken or pizza on occassion.

The living room furniture is a little too deep and soft for my mother to get herself in and out of without assistance, but there are straight back dining room chairs that can easily move over.

Overall, Just Like Home is the next best thing if you can't go back to yours.

Overall I would say it's a nice group home situation.

Overall I would say it's a nice group home situation. There are always two staff members on in the evening. The owners are wonderful and very accommodating. The food is more of an eastern European influence, and they are very accommodating. The staff is wonderful and the house is clean. They are fussy about who they hire and I think that is a wonderful way to be. Part of what makes this place work for my mother is the ability of the other residents to socialize. Though there are no formal activities.

I had to move my mother from assisted living to a board and care situation once she needed more care, and the attention she received at Just Like Home (for two years until she passed away) was wonderful. The first thing you need to know is that the home is clean and comfortable, and the staff is warm and welcoming.

I chose Just Like Home for my mother for several reasons. Not only was it located close to my house, but I appreciated that Alex (one of the owners, along with her husband Mark) is a nurse and would be keeping a close eye on my mother’s health needs, which she did – always calling me or my mother’s doctor when she had a concern. There are no words to express how kindhearted Mark is. He took my mother to her many doctors’ appointments, sat with her for hours in the ER and Urgent Care when I was unable to be there and often ran errands for her when she asked (he also procured her weekly lottery ticket she had to have and was always convinced was a winner). He also brought her flowers and picked up her favorite foods when he sensed she needed cheering up. Not only are Alex and Mark capable, attentive and caring (the exact type of people you would want caring for your loved one), but their caregivers are also hard-working, kind and thoughtful. They all bent over backwards to please my hard-to-please, often-difficult mother, and they couldn’t have been more supportive and compassionate to me during my mother’s last weeks of life.

I highly recommend Just Like Home in Valley Village, California.

I chose Just Like Home for my mother for several reasons. Not only was it located close to my house, but I appreciated that Alex (one of the owners, along with her husband Mark) is a nurse and would be keeping a close eye on my mother’s health needs, which she did – always calling me or my mother’s doctor when she had a concern. There are no words to express how kindhearted Mark is. He took my mother to her many doctors’ appointments, sat for hours with her in the ER and Urgent Care when I was unable to be there and often ran errands for her when she asked (he also procured her weekly lottery ticket she had to have and was always convinced was a winner). He also brought her flowers and picked up her favorite foods when he sensed she needed cheering up. Not only are Alex and Mark capable, attentive and caring (the exact type of people you would want caring for your loved one), but their caregivers are also hard-working, kind and thoughtful. They all bent over backwards to please my hard-to-please, often-difficult mother, and they couldn’t have been more supportive and compassionate to me during my mother’s last weeks of life.

I highly recommend Just Like Home in Valley Village, California.

Just Like Home- it really is!

So happy that my mom and I found Just Like Home. I live out of state and found that my mom got excellent care there. Both she and I felt secure with the staff, the quality of care, the genuine concern for all the patients, and the hands-on attention of the owners. The residence is comfortable and well kept. The rooms are private, with TVs, and each resident can customize them as they like. Food is tasty and nutritious, and tailored to each patient's dietary restrictions and requests. Health care is well-monitored and owners will accompany patients to doctor's appointments if needed, even with hospitalization. The owners visited my mom in the hospital and worked with her, her doctors and me to ensure her care both there and at the residence.
Thanks to the quality of the staff and owners at Just Like Home I knew that my mother was well taken care of when neither she nor I could do it ourselves. They were very protective of her. We were both very fortunate that she lived there.