Hand 'n Heart Home Health Care - Virginia Beach, VA

Hand 'n Heart Home Health Care - Virginia Beach, VA has yet not published prices.

Very dissatisfied

We hired H&H last summer (2016) for my mother with memory loss who needs companion care on weekdays. In short, we would find out only after being invoiced that the care giver had not shown up. I came from Raleigh NC to VA Beach and interviewed H&H to explain what we needed before hiring them, and after problems occurred I spoke to both [Removed] and [Removed] at H&H by phone to re-emphasize explicitly what we wanted -- 1) show up! 2) call my sister (in VA Beach) if you can't show up 3) provide food & medication 4) write notes on current conditions and/or changes in condition (anything out of the ordinary) 5) provide conversation and walk with our mother up/down the hallway of the apt building.

This is not skilled care, nor rocket science for an agency that said it deals with many similar clients. After repeated failures to meet the minimum requirements, we contacted them to cancelled service. We were told that it was our responsibility to contact them if the care giver didn't show up, and not to sign the caregiver's timesheet, which is a clear failure on behalf of H&H to understand that our mother's memory is NOT reliable enough to be responsible for either task. The frustration of having to monitor the caregivers (who left useless notes, if any at all) induced stress rather than relieving the stress of caring for our mother. It should never take multiple calls about the same problems to get corrective action, especially when caring for the elderly. Very dissatisfied.