Hampton Woods - Columbus, OH

Unexpected

For me, office practices along with the manipulation of Policy/Procedures/ORC’s (whether site-imposed or directed) created a permanent distrust and a feeling of being “housed” rather than “home”.
However, the two man Building/Grounds team (often hand-tied) were professional, efficient and caring in completing their duties; wish I could have taken them with me!

The apartment is too small. It is just a community for over 55. No safety questions, legal or financial questions were discussed. The only additional fees were $20.00 per month for a carport.

Disrespectful

Staff was not friendly at all. They were very rude and disrespectful to me. They do not care about the safety of their residents. One staff in particular was extremely disrespectful to the point that I pulled my grandmother from the facility.

I Like Hampton Woods

The move-in experience has been good for me. It is all good here. To me they are a good community and they have good staff.

Great Community at a Great Value

I am very excited about my Dad's new apartment community. It is friendly and clean. The residents are his kind of people. He fit in right away. His apartment has a nice screened in back porch that over looks a courtyard. Very green and private. The entire process was clear and covered all the details we could think of. My only suggestion would be a little updating in the computer room and repair water fountains. The other nice things they offer are onsite laundry, fitness room, library, and lots of common areas inside and out to visit. There are activities all during the week like bingo and poker. There are no care services provided since it is independent living.

Safer Environment

We have never visited this community but from what we have been told by the family members it is a very nice community. We believe that our loved one has settled in here fine and is comfortable. We are happy that he is in a more safer environment and he is being taken care of.

Friendly Atmosphere!!

My husband and i are still in the process of moving into Hampton Woods. The staff that we have met always look happy and acknowledge my husband and i. We prepare our own meals and do our own cleaning. Hampton Woods does provide activities for us to participate in. At the moment we have not had a chance to participate but will soon.

More Of A Nursing Home

My tour was fine of this facility, but this is was not the right community for my mother. I took a tour and it was more of nursing home environment. It did look nice and pretty maintained. The staff was nice and friendly. This wasn't the right environment for my mother.

Very comfortable Sr citizen living. Beautiful inside and out. Convenient to shopping. Very pleasant neighbors.Limited lunched available.

Good review

We like it. Some of the things in apartments could use some updating such as kitchen cabinets /appliances. Overall seems cozy and nice friendly people. Love the private patio porch!

She is pretty happy with it.

She is pretty happy with it. It's very clean and the staff is very friendly. The wi-fi is a little spotty and the connection is tenuous. The outdoor area has different garden areas, and has a nice patio and some flowers. It's all one level. I think they have optional dining for breakfast and lunches at a really reasonable. They have kitchens in the rooms. She loves the enclosed screen porch.

Nice apartments, needs more attention to resident relationships

The facility is nice. The surrounding area is not the best area in Columbus but it is okay. In general the staff is friendly but my mom has had some instances of impatience that I felt was unnecessary. My mom has dementia and the staff is aware so there is no need to be cranky with her if she forgets something. They are excellent at responding to any concerns with her apartment and her apartment looks brand new. She loves the apartment. The activities are planned by the residents and they lack the intentional welcome necessary for residents like my mom with memory problems. With the exception of a few people mom has not felt welcome. It was be really nice if there was some staff involvement to help facilitate better connections between the residents.

People nice, nice tour, no washer dry...

People nice, nice tour, no washer dryer or hookup. All on one approx. 125 apartments.

At Hampton Woods we recognize the importance of choice and individualism for each resident, so we offer an array of apartment styles, amenities to choose from, and we offer the most spacious floor plans in the area for independent apartments. Our large great room with one bedroom and our one-and-two bedroom apartments all feature screened porches, individually controlled heating and air conditioning units, and complete kitchens overlooking our charming courtyards and landscaped lawns and gardens. Residents experience a sense of community at Hampton Woods of Columbus. Our lounge areas and community room are just a few of the places where residents can enjoy each other’s company and entertain family and friends.
The neighborhood features include St. Ann’s Hospital, Polaris Mall, Easton Town Center, beautiful parks, places of worship, grocery stores, as well as banking and entertainment. Experience all that Hampton Woods of Columbus has to offer—a wonderful community, innovative programs and quality services by a caring, responsive team.