I vote for Grammy's house!

My Mom moved to Grammy's house in December. I am so impressed with Skarling, May, Glenny and Teres. Val is the owner and administrator and is extremely responsive to ensuring that the plan of care is calibrated just right and making sure the personnel work together as a team for the residents (my Mom). Activities automatically included my Mom getting petty massages, manicures, pedicures, art and music therapy each week. There were no mishaps with Mom's medications being administered accurately. Val communicated any change of plan by phone and email in advance of it happening. I described Grammy's house as a setting like the Golden Girls on TV. Very personal, intimate home setting where you parent can just be. I highly recommend Grammy's house as the ideal place to let your parent live out their final years. Family members would take Mom for walks and outings but we would not be interested in outsourcing these activities. There was absolutely no issues with my Mom's hygiene or incontinence care. It was not an additional charge.

not impressed

As a person in the medical field I would not recommend this facility , they prefer clients whom care for themselves and if your loved one requires more care , ie incontinent issues and they end up needing increased care they will complain about doing it and request you to find other home for your loved one. They have no nursing back ground and most of the staff lack common sense. They placed my loved one on meds without telling us and these meds increased the memory issues they were already having. Visited my loved one several times only to find them soiled in their pull up and I cleaned them.

A welcoming place

They are caring and actively helping to settle residents. Has a homey feeling and every body is encouraged to join in.