Extendicare/Parkside - Regina, SK has yet not published prices.

Letter to Parkside

Good morning,

I had the pleasure of visiting Parkside earlier this month, as my mother is a new resident. As somebody who had worked in a skilled care facility for a number of years, I am happy to share what I had observed.

Upon arriving at Parkside, I found it to be cleaner than I had anticipated. The floors and walls are clean, and I did not notice dirt or dust anywhere. I also noted the new paint and flooring to keep the common areas fresh, current, and pleasant. The dining areas and courtyard are enjoyable as well.

I took relief in how welcoming and attentive the staff are; the nurses, nursing assistants, custodial and food-service employees were all friendly and warm to us and to my mother. The overall attitude of caring and cooperation is evident, and I saw smiles everywhere! I could see the efforts to treat my mother as an individual and to understand her needs and likes. The administrative, medical and social-work personnel have been accommodating. There is a genuine interest to help my mother adjust to her new home, and to assist her family with the transition as well. Communication has been excellent and very much appreciated.

Little things are important and go a long way in the residents’ health and comfort, and can keep them engaged. The menus appear to offer a good variety, and there seem to be plenty of activities on hand. Even something as simple as providing several beverage options a few times a day between meals is something my mother looks forward to, and I know she appreciates the kind words and conversation from time-to-time.

As my mother's health declines, and even if she becomes less cooperative or appreciative as time goes on, I am confident that she will continue to receive excellent care up until the end. Working in a field such as yours can seem like a thankless job. It isn’t. Please know that I am grateful for the individual and thoughtful attention that has already been demonstrated by Parkside.

Thank you so much for what you are doing for my mother and our family.

Please share our gratitude with all departments at Parkside, as everybody is contributing to make your organization an excellent one.

Sincerely,