Country Home Alcove - North Hollywood, CA

Nice Home

This was a smaller home community at the Country Home Alcove. The staff was very friendly and the place was well-kept. The provided answers to the questions we asked. My immediate impression was that there could have been a language barrier for my mom and they did not offer the advanced care that my mom needed.

[Removed] and her staff are so terrific and her home is bright and cheerful. We knew this was the spot the minute we walked in with greetings from caretakers and residents. I know my mom will happy here and can't thank A Place for Mom connecting us with the perfect home.

they don't have activities

So far so good at Country Home Alcove. For what it is the value is good. The facility is very clean. The staff is friendly. The care there is good. The only thing that I would mention is they don't have activities for my mom. Overall it has been a good experience so far.

Great community

Country Home Alcove is a great community. The community is so clean it seems you could eat off the floors. The staff is really friendly and helpful. They have a great price considering everything they offer and actually do. When my husband, father in-law, and I came out after a visit we just knew this was the community for her. The food smells and taste really good. They serve balanced meals with good variety, chicken cacciatore, meatloaf, lasagna, baked chicken, and salads just to name a few. None of the food is out of a box, can or premade. They have a therapist that comes in and helps twice a week, the therapist has shown the staff and my husband some things to work with when with her just so she does it more then twice a week. Only after a week or so we saw improvement in her and we couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend this community to anyone.