Best Care Manor - Shoreline, WA

[Name removed] has such a wonderful nurturing vibe. She clearly is meant to do this type of work. The room was a good size room. It is an empty room, so I would need to rent a hospital bed. I don't think it's quite a match for my friend.

Owner was truly a kind person

When I toured this community I didn't get the best kind of vibe here. It was a smaller community that was in a home. The sidewalk was so narrow and the parking was hard to figure out where you could park being that it was a home. This was 5,000 a month and just not in our budget. It was a small place with a big patio but had junk stacked up out there. All I saw was to much money going in and not enough going into the community.

Very Impressed With Them

When mom and I toured this community for dad we were very impressed with them. The community was clean very well kept. The staff was nice and informative. The only thing was that the price was were quoted over the phone was different than when we actually met with the sales department and they gave us a high price. I got the feeling that if I had pushed the issued they would have done their best to come to some sort of a middle price

Outstanding Care for mom

The community is outstanding. The staff is wonderful and attentive. The meals are excellent and fresh. and cook and made to order. They do offer a lot of activities. This is the next best thing to family care. This is a home like atmosphere with a few residents. The staff are more than caring, they are like family. We would recommend this excellent community to other families for outstanding care and value.

A Place for Dad

My 92 year old dad lived in a subsidized, independent living apartment by himself. He had more frequent episodes of weakness and confusion that caused my siblings and I to question his safety living alone. We asked for help online from "A Place for Mom" and quickly got several referrals for adult family homes in our area. We visited several and had a good reception at Best Care Manor. We were greeted by the caregivers/owners, Carolyn and Ben, and felt good by the home's cleanliness, layout, location, and amenities. We took our dad with us to a second visit so he could personally meet the caregivers (who live upstairs) and other residents. He was reluctant to give up his independent living, but realized he needed more 24 hr. attention. He has a nice, private bedroom and shares mealtimes with other residents. The other residents are alert and interact with him when they visit. He has been taken out for walks to the shopping malls, and is free to have visitors or go out. His bedroom is regularly cleaned and laundry done for him by staff. He has 3 meals a day, drinks plenty of water, and is given his meds each day which are important. Although more expensive than his previous subsidized housing, the cost at Best Care Manor is comparable to other 24 hr. adult family homes. I highly recommend this home.

I couldn't be happier with the decision

Mom has been at Best Care Manor for a little over a month and she is really happy there. The staff are great and the food is good. Best care has plenty of activities for their residents although Mom has yet to participate. I'm hoping that with time it becomes easier.

My client would not fit in very well. For his situation there are not enough grab bars,tub accesibility w/assistance would be
minimal or outside help reqd. It
made me realize how spoiled (to a degree) my client is with his care giver. Cleanliness,activities, nutritional & personal care seem adequate to excellent & owner Carolyn & one of the residents was very friendly and made me feel welcome. I think my client might be a little too high maintenance.
I appreciate the opportunity to see the facility & ask pertinent questions.

My father spent about 2 1/2 years at Best Care Manor following a stroke, until we lost him late last year. The care was wonderful from both the perspective of giving him the treatment and assistance he needed as his needs changed, to the loving and caring atmosphere that made it as much as possible like home. Ben and Carolyn are incredibly loving and patient, which wasn't always easy as my father would much rather have been independent. They, along with caregiver Grace, helped him all along the way from early adjustments to crying with us at the end. As a small home, the residents were all kind and welcoming as well. It's hard to imagine a better experience and we will forever be thankful that we found this place.

Not the Best Care!

The place is cluttered and not clean! Not wheelchair friendly. The caregivers are often upstairs and leave the residents downstairs alone. They offer a very very limit choice of snacks. Slow at getting weekly done and returned to the resident.

Best Care Manor is a senior living facility located on 18519 Stove Avenue North, Shoreline, WA. Best Care Manor provides quality care within a safe and secure environment. The facility employees highly trained caregivers to assure each resident receives the best possible care. Best Care in house caregivers are fully trained by DSHS regulation. All caregivers are certified and they provide exceptional care and service to the senior community. Best Care Manor provides its residents with a variety of amenities. Amenities include furnished private or shared rooms, living area, outside spacious patio, hair salon and outdoor pool. In addition, each resident has the option to participate in bingo games, scrabble and movie night. Each Thursday the residents have the option to watch the movie of the night with other family members and residents. Transportation is always available to nearby shopping malls and other places of interest. In addition, the local YMCA is just two blocks from the main Best Care Manor Campus. Transportation schedules may be obtained through the activities coordinator and/or management office. It is never an easy decision when a loved one relocates to a senior care facility. Best Care provides all of the comforts of home. Also, the exceptional staff is always available to help with any questions or concerns. Any questions concerning Best Care may be sent to [email protected] Typically email inquiries will be answered within 48 hours.