Applewood Assisted Living - Mount Pleasant, MI

Warm, cozy, and quiet.

I toured several assisted living communities but recently decided on Applewood for my elderly mom because I felt the more smaller, cozier setting would be better suited for her. The facility is clean and warm, the staff is very kind, and my mom seems to like the meals. Improvement could be made in the area of staff communication or how resident needs information is shared between staff members, but I have had no issue that we were not able to work out. So far overall I think my mom is well cared for, her temperament has actually improved a little, and the administration is responsive and receptive. I would recommend Applewood to other friends and family.

Doing Everything Fine

The only thing that was maybe a negative, and I don't know if they had any control over it, was getting my mother's prescription filled out in a timely manner. Other than that they have been doing everything fine. My mother enjoys it there.

A lovely home with a picturesque setting on a main highway, convenient to medical facilities, churches, shopping, entertainment and public transportation.
Shared or private bedrooms, some with own lavatories, are all on one level with cable included and phones available.
Barrier free.
Large dining room overlooking deck.
Birds and wildlife abound here.
Spacious living room.
Private chapel.
Interconnected smoke detection and carbon monoxide detectors for safety.
Warm, comfortable and nurturing environment.
Conveniently located between Midland and Mt. Pleasant
Home is licensed by the State of Michigan, and is insured.
Members Michigan Assisted Living Association (MALA), Michigan Adult Foster Care Association (MAFCA), and the Chamber of Commerce, we are also active in our church.
The owners, Lauren and Marc Carter, have been in assisted living since 1968, rearing their three children at their original site in Flint. They have owned, run and lived at Applewood Assisted Living since 1998.
We and our staff are committed to serving the needs of our residents. To that end we hire experienced, friendly and compassionate people to join us in this venture.