Do not use this home

This is not a safe place for a helpless elder. I placed my own mother here for 12 days about 3 years ago. They were horrible to her. Within that time she was left in soiled diapers and developed sores on her behind. There's more negative stuff I'll keep to myself. We pulled mom out of there and walked away from the entire month of payment - for her safety.

I Would Not Recommend

That home was a dump. I would not send my dog there. When we walked in we were at appall. The cleanliness is not good. It was horrible and I would not recommend them. After this experience, group homes were not the best placement for us. It was horrific.

It Pays to fully research Board and Care facilities

Our first impression was good. We set a date for our mother to move in. Four days before move date a woman who works with hospice in this area had some alarming news when Heartfelt Homes was mentioned. On two different occasions she observed poor treatment of their elderly tenants. The very next day my mother's visiting nurse confirmed her experience a few years ago at that location. Two red flags was more than enough for us to notify Heartfelt that we had no intention of risking our mother's well-being at their facility as well as the reasons why.

Very Homey

I liked it. It's very homey. The staff seemed very nice. The owners of the place also worked there. They don't live there but they do a time there. It's seems really like living in a home. They make homemade meals and all sitting together. They were in more of a farm type environment with farmland around and animals that live next door. That was nice but it was another 15 minutes for me to drive so it didn't work out.