[Name removed], the tour went great and we got all our questions answered. Love the Home atmosphere and the "Christian" influences. Will talk to [name removed] later today, One draw back no openings at either location right now. Should we look for a #2 choice to move forward or wait? Tough call? Will see what Dad says. Thank you sooooo much for all you help!!!!!

Facility needs updating and some tender loving care. Patients seemed to be nursing home level - not assisted living

I'am Doing Well Here

So far I'am enjoying my time here at this care home. They are taking good care of me and my needs. The staff is kind and very helpful. They are always willing to help. The home is well-kept, they do a good job with keeping the community nice and clean. So far everything has worked out well for me here. I would recommend this care home, it is a nice place.

My experience with them was good.

We were never actually able to move in due to changes in my loved one's condition. They were very good about giving us the deposit back. They were good to work with when trying to make all the arrangements, and staying in touch and being patient. I liked the home feel. It was clean, and the staff was friendly. They knew all of their residents, they even had a woman who didn't speak English, and they went out of their way to label things in her language so she would know where things were.

A small and friendly foster care home. The staff were warm and welcoming and seemed to genuinely care for their residents. The house is rather dark but the dining room is cheerful and bright. It had an unpleasant odor, a little like wet dog.

Nice looking smaller community

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for my loved one. Initially I was very skeptical about residential care communities, as I didn't know if they'd be able to provide the same level of service that my Mom was used to from living in a larger community. However I toured quite a few of them and I ended up being very impressed with all of them (and we also ended up selecting one as our final choice!) The people here were so warm, and so present in terms of care. The whole place just had a very welcoming atmosphere. The staff were all very friendly and professional, and they were always available to speak and answer any questions or concerns that I brought up. If you were like me and have doubts about these smaller facilities I'd recommend taking a look! I was surprised at how much I liked them!

We haven't been there long but so far it is going well.

We haven't been there long but so far it is going well. They are really friendly and a very good value. He loves the food, he says it good. I liked the home type setting as opposed to some of the larger apartment or hotel type settings. It just works better for him.

A Wonderful Solution

My sister and I needed somewhere for mom on short notice when she was discharged from hospice where she had been placed after suffering a grand mal seizure. She did not recover sufficiently to go back to her senior apartment and needs a higher level of care and attention. A Family Affair is only three miles from the home that she lived in for 60+ years and where my sister lives now. I personally visited after mom moved in and had a meeting with a VA field rep there. He was "very impressed" with the facility and the staff - and he sees a lot of places. It is a very homelike, clean place with wonderful people running it. The food must be great because Mom is actually gaining weight-something we have been working on for 3 years with no luck. The only problem has been with the visiting physician who does not seem to be doing what we expect. I am told that the owner is seeking a different replacement physician at this time. We are taking Mom out to her former family doctor for care for now. Overall it is a clean, safe, comfortable home.

Excellent

Very caring place, excellent staff. They truly care about the residents. Very clean and well-maintained.

They really care about the resident.

So far, so good. I think they're really caring. They really care about the residents. They want to know as much information as possible to make sure they can give the best care. They say to call anytime and they're open to suggestions. They have really open communication.

They say to give them 4 weeks to adjust and I would say within 3 weeks my mom had adjusted very well. She had been in her home for 73 years of her life so I was concerned but she fully adjusted and wanting to be out with everyone else. They let you personalize your room as much as you want. We brought her own bed and quilts and other things - it looks like her living room at home. They really encourage that personal touch.

friendly staff, relatively clean, pos...

friendly staff, relatively clean, possibly one private available in Spring. Looks like a family home with additions put on, but no actual family lives there, just a nurse living full time downstairs with residents upstairs.

A Family Affair elder care homes locations, Vera, Washington, and Canyon are located within Redwood City, California. Our business has been caring for your loved ones for over twenty years. Family-owned and run, we offer safe, active, and comfortable non-medical residences for the elderly. Residents are provided with daily assistance as needed and are encouraged to stay as independent as they are able. We look for the most compassionate and skilled staff members willing to dedicate themselves to member care. These loving members give unmatched, loving, family-like treatment. Administrators educate our staff in elder care. This is supplemented with instruction from skilled professionals and industry licensed educators. We provide many levels of care depending on the needs of your family member. Assisted living can be enjoyed in a dignified manner within a private residence or a shared room. We offer dementia care, hospice care, and short-term care. Each home provides a safe and supervised dwelling equipped with 24-hour staffing and wander alert systems. Daily needs are met with medication management, nutritious meals including specialized diets, hygiene assistance, laundry, and cleaning. We also provide transportation to and from medical appointments. We strive to keep things as convenient and close to home as possible. Thus, internet, cable, and telephone access is present within each bedroom. To keep residents active and social, we hold activities that cater to their preferences in the form of group and individual activities. Planned day outings, picnics, birthday and holiday celebrations just add to the well-being and interactivity provided. We also allow pets within our community.