I would not move my family in here

I have worked as a caregiver for two different ladies that live in the Vintage for several years, and as an outsider looking in, hearing the many complaints, and seeing the many changes that I have in just the past few years, I would not recommend this place for anyone. There has been a lot of upgrades within the buildings (beautiful furnishings and carpets and new paint - it’s pretty, and all), but I’m not sure it’s being marketed towards the seniors anymore. Or at least the lower-income seniors. I believe “Corporate” is now charging for everything, ie.; lightbulbs, batteries for the smoke detectors, and also a $100 a day late fee after the 3rd day of the month! For seniors, on fixed and low incomes... and for many that are not so healthy, this can be disastrous!! What happens if they are in hospital for a couple days? I also can’t say that I’ve ever heard pleasant things from the residents because they have worried and still worry about one thing or another around the complex due to management. So please be aware of the fine print before you sign, and that it may change without notice. Hopefully some of the issues with “management” have been resolved, but the nickel and dimeing of the residents after lavish spending on the property by the company, is just wrong. Our seniors are supposed to be helped and supported, not exploited.

Think again before moving here.

Whatever you do, do not move in here. The rent has gone up 3 times in one year, there is now a no smoking rule, the management lies to your face and they are only interested in the big buck. We have had 3 different managers in a years time. That should say something. When you sign your lease, YOU have to ask the questions, because if you find out afterwards, they just say to you, "we didn't have to tell you when you signed your lease". The managers doors are always closed and if they give you a notice in your cubby, it is done on Friday at 5:00 and they don't work the weekeneds, so you are left to worry all weekened long. The maintenance staff is awesome and the grounds are kept up, but that is it. So, think again before moving to this "low income" apartment, DON"T DO IT!!!

There's so much to do here

I am absolutely loving it here. They offer a lot of activities and amenities. I do water aerobics several times a week and it’s free. I also make use of the exercise room near the business center; I play billiards with the fellas every now and then, they have a wood shop, card games, bible study groups, and they also have dog parks nearby. There is just so much to do here. The apartment units are great too. There is a full kitchen with a dishwasher, oven, microwave, and garbage disposal. There is also a washer and dryer in the unit. I recommend this community to everybody and everybody.

Incredible

Everything is going absolutely well. We are glad we found the place and so far it is incredible.

I choose Vintage because it felt more...

I choose Vintage because it felt more spacious in the common areas and I got a chance to chat with some of the residents while I was waiting for my tour and they seemed content. My tour guide was was terrific and someone who my Mom could relate to very easily. The also had a 2 bed room available so I went ahead and I took it. Thanks so much for your help.

~Maintenance free living

~Brand new building

~Access controlled entry

~Downtown shopping and restaurants 5 minutes away

~On bus line

~Opportunity to meet new friends

~New appliances- microwave, washer/dryer, dishwasher