Stone Oak Retirement Resort - Hilliard, OH

Wow, what's not to love?! This place was superb! Enjoyed everything about it. [Name removed] was a great host and tour guide as well!

I really liked Stone Oak. The facilities were clean and there was a lot of natural light in the design. The people, both residents and staff we open and friendly without being overbearing. The activities looked great. Looking for my dad. He is not yet ready to go to any facility, but this one seems the best.

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort - Hilliard, OH

My husband and I have been very content living here for the past year and anticipate even better times ahead.

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort Hilliard, OH

Things seem to be going well--smoothly even. The management team works well together for the benefit of the residents.

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort Hilliard, OH

Love it here. Lots to do--friendly people--and enjoy being able to do the stairs and to all the exercise classes! Food is outstanding as well.

The "Best" place to live

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort Hilliard, OH

This is an amazing community. The staff specializes in finding ways to say "YES!" to anything and everything we ask for. They are unwaveringly eager to help with anything we want to do.

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort Hilliard, OH

I intend to spend the rest of my days here at Stone Oak.

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort Hilliard, OH

I like the friendliness of residents and staff. The food is excellent and many activities are available. My only complaint is the TV service. Other than that I am very happy here.

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort Hilliard, OH

Stone Oak is a great place for those able to live independently. It is not a place for those needing constant or frequent care, although such care can be arranged. The community quickly because a supportive caring family. Services are excellent--concierge, chef, dining room attendants, maids, etc.

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort Hilliard, OH

A beautiful home. The best chef and kitchen providing all meals. Fine dining M through F for a real treat. Staff so friendly--do not know the word "NO"

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort Hilliard, OH

Good people. Good food. Good service. Just love it here!

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort Hilliard, OH

Awesome place. They treat us great. Good food!

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort Hilliard, OH

Before I decided on Stone Oak, I had looked at 4 other retirement communities. One of the selling points was the month to month agreement, with no large money down. The 3 meals/day are excellent! In addition to the main courses there are options at the soup and salad bar, you can eat very healthy! I have been here a little over a year and fell that I made the right choice.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went. The property was clean when I had toured and I thought they did a great job with the presentation. The staff where kind a very professional throughout our visit. I just did not think this was the right location for our family in the end decision.

Perfection

My sister and I looked at several Assisted and Independent Living facilities in The Columbus area. We ultimately chose Stone Oak for our parents. It's Independent Living, but with all the help they need at this stage of their lives - full meal service, weekly cleaning, transportation, emergency on-call, and lots of activities. It's so new, bright and clean - feels like a luxury apartment building more than a retirement community. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Stone Oak is such a blessing for our parents and our entire family.

Great place to be independent, yet have people around to help when needed!

Stone Oak is a beautiful, friendly active community for retirement living. The food is good, the staff is friendly and more than willing to help in any way. There are plenty of activities to join in on, you can do as little or much as you like to stay busy.

It's great to see mom so happy.

Stone Oak is amazing. From the minute we set foot in the lobby everything has been beyond belief and is a perfect fit for mom. We were told a lot on our tour and initial consult. When we left I told my wife that if that place could deliver half of what they promise I'd be happy. Guess what, 5 months in and Stone Oak delivers on everything every day!! From Valet parking to delicious food, entertainment, activity and all inclusive everything, this place is truly a resort and mom absolutely loves living there.
Stone Oak is a gem in the Independent Living Marketplace. Absolute 5 stars!!!!!

I could live here...

Just recently placed my mother-in-law here - it was the only place I looked at - and I looked at many - where I truly felt I could live...full kitchen big enough for her table from home - very spacious; lots and lots of storage; open and airy...and the people couldn't be friendlier. Only place that had housekeeping every week at no additional charge; all meals included in price - able to have meals delivered to room when not able to make it to dining room...supplied their own life line that rang into the unit; managers that actually lived on site...and did I mention it's only one year old so everything is new and modern. She's happy to be as independent as she can be for as long as possible.

I loved this facility but the pricing does not match what I was previously told. It is almost double.

Beautiful facility/brand new. Like a cruise ship on land. But with that beauty comes a price. This facility is slightly more expensive than others. Amenities are nice...wonderful theater area that it utilized for movies/entertainment, etc.. Dining area very nice and great system in place so no one should go hungry at any time of day!

We toured with [Removed] and [Removed] who were both very pleasant and offered good suggestions when touring facilities.

This facility set up for mainly IL or 'shelter in place" scenario...no AL available but can stay in unit if services are obtained/brought in to meet needs of resident at extra costs.

If you can afford it, this place is very nice.

Good Place

My tour of this community went very well. Everything looked nice and very well kept. The staff I met was kind and courteous. All my questions were answered, and they were very informative as well. It was a pleasant experience, but not the place for me.

Mother is Doing Great Here

This is a great community, and my mother is doing very well here. Everything has worked out well. They have a good friendly staff at this community. They are always willing to help. It is a nice, well-kept place, they do a good job with the cleanliness. There's a nice activities calendar with all the activities they have available. I've tried one of the meals, and the food is good. She is pleased with the meals. I would highly recommend this community, it is a great place.

Beautiful facility. Very nice people. Marion was very helpful and knowledgeable. The apartments were lovely. Lunch was very good as well! Thank you for all of the info.

Horrible management, would not recommend

Our experience with Stone Oak Retirement was a very poor one. The facility itself is fine, and the general staff were friendly, but the management is horrible. They only want "ideal" residents, and if your loved one shows any sign of needing extra help there's no working with them to figure out a solution, they just ask you to leave. I really would not recommend it just based on how inflexible and unfriendly the management staff is.

Beautiful Community With Super Nice People

This is pretty much a brand new facility and everything looks great. This is an active community with super nice people. They do a very good job with keeping the community and her room well maintained. They have a very good staff here. There are nice activities offered. I've tried some of the meals and the food is good. I know she is safe and being cared for well. I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

The Residents Sold Us! Talk to them.

My parents and I were pretty much settled on another location that was very nice and had a very strong reputation. We decided to visit Stone Oak, because my wife wanted us to get out of the house for a while. Since it was new, I had made up my mind that it would be expensive and would not have well established staff.

As we pulled up to the entrance, we were greeted by a resident sitting on the bench outside. She provided a warm welcome and high recommendation. As we toured and wandered I believe every single resident we saw said "hi" and most everyone highly recommended the facility. We immediately knew this was the place! It seems everyone there is excited about the "new" chapter in their book of life, not their "final" chapter. What a unique community of fun, active seniors!

As an independent living facility, it seems limited as to the circumstances that can be supported on site. If my parents need extensive care in the future, we will have a challenge and it may involve a move. This is a very real concern that we talked about, but ultimately felt the benefits outweighed the risk. This place felt like home for my folks, so we all decided we would deal with future events as they happen.

Getting to know Steve, the property manager, helped seal the deal for us.

Retired, active and independent!

Stone Oak is independent living at its best! This is not a care center or for assisted living, but a community thoroughly designed for 55's and over to enjoy the freedom of retirement. The activities are varied and fun, the neighbors friendly and energetic, and the experiences always new and exciting.

First wave resident

We moved in when they opened 7 months ago and it is so much better than we ever thought. Not for anyone requiring assist (although you can hire any help you may need beyond the cost of rent), but so much to do otherwise! Great chef, activities, trainers here 5 days a week, pedicures are great, and if you don't want to drive, they can get you there. Glad to have met so many terrific new people, and the staff goes above and beyond. You'll love it!

Review of Stone Oak Retirement Resort - Hilliard, OH

Absolutely beautiful. Loved it

Stone Oak is wonderful!

After visiting a few other independent living communities, I walked into Stone Oak with my parents and it was like no other place we had been. The physical environment is beautifully designed very much like a nice hotel. It is light, fresh and more modern than others. The Main Street concept with fitness center, bank, arcade, store, hair salon, restaurant, theater, makes it feel like a village that you can enjoy without going outdoors. The residents and staff are genuinely friendly and caring. A great variety of activities are available every day. All are welcome but not pressured to get involved.

The restaurant is fantastic and offers grab and go, cafeteria style, formal service and room service. The kitchens in the apartments are great too. The theater is amazing and offers movie series, new films and live presentations. I love that the price is all inclusive. The price is competitive with others in town but seems like a much better value for all that you get. The concierge service, valet parking, cleaning service, maintenance service is very personalized, convenient and included. When we left the day of our tour, my dad who did not want to visit, said "I think I could get used to this!". The next day he asked "can we move today?". They are very happy at Stone Oak and I thoroughly enjoy visiting and joining them for meals.

Shazaam!

My mom has not moved in yet from her assisting living. We have been very unhappy with the facility. When I talked to Stone Oak just got a good feeling. Prompt customer service. The facility is drop dead gorgeous. They are making the move for my mother stress free, which helps us out as daughters. My mom is 93 and has been at an assisted living for the last 4 years at a level zero care. We really think Stone Oak care and will work with our family. This place seems to be the new care for the elderly! Yippee!

great staff

This is independent living. The layout of the apartments are really good. The staff there is very helpful and is doing a terrific job.