Raleigh Hills Senior Care - Portland, OR

Substandard experieince.

I would never recommend this living center ever to anyone. In fact, I wish I could save those that live there now and are barely thriving. This is not a place that offers wellness but only living til death. We stayed for 3 months and our experience was traumatic. The food is substandard. The cleanliness depends if the home staff or hired staff is working. Staff is treated poorly and I definitely witnessed their unfair treatment and pay.
The elders sit all day and only move a short distance to a kitchen table. Otherwise, they walk around the same garden and deck on nice days. It is depressing. I looked in the refrigerator. The food is substandard and packed with sugar and preservatives.
My family member stayed as long as we needed to find a new place. She was not thriving and just help her own until we could get her out. Currently, she is in a fine home and is definitely thriving with activities every day including one on one physical therapy, art and music.
She literally started moving her belongings and we were able to move 2 days prior to our move out date. Thank goodness.

Excellent Care! Comfortable and loving facility

I highly recommend Raleigh Hills Senior Care Home! My mom lived there for about 5 years, and she loved it there! She felt very comfortable and loved. My mom always enjoyed their food; she said it was delicious home cooked meals. I liked the facility because it had a round about deck so my mom could always take a walk whenever she pleased. The owners, Gabi and Cris, were also very friendly and involved in caring for my mom.

May work better for others, not so much for us

There are no activities, and the food is pretty horrendous; it is not fresh or nutritive. However, the room is beautiful, some aspects are great, but some fundamentals are not so great. Luckily, my mother is 95 and doesn't need as much; she's interested in everything there, but after learning more we are probably going to search for another place.

Looked like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a nice looking place overall, and the staff seemed very friendly. Although we found another option that we thought would be a better value for the price Raleigh Hills is definitely somewhere we would have considered!

Raleigh Hills Senior Care in Portland, Oregon provides senior care in an ideal setting. Portland has many things for seniors to do. From sightseeing, to the local libraries, there is something for every taste in Portland. Senior living does not have to be boring. At Raleigh Hills Senior Care you will find many activities that an elderly patient can participate in. From games, to exercise there are an assortment of activities that a resident can choose from each day. Another integral part of senior care is the meals. Each meal is prepared on site, and each resident is provided with three meals each day. All of the meals are served restaurant style, and family members are encouraged to visit for a meal any time. The care with assisted living can be exactly what a senior needs in order to keep as much independence as possible. Residents can get help with all activities of daily living if needed, and a plan will be catered for each individuals needs. All utilities are included in the price excluding cable, and telephone. There is also staff available 24 hours a day, and this is a tremendous perk for families. Many senior citizens have regular doctor appointments that need to be kept each week. We provide transportation to and from these visits to ensure that all residents can receive the best healthcare possible. This can be very important in maintaining a good quality of life. Independent living is the best scenario for someone that is aging, but there are some advantages of an assisted living facility that can provide a family with a great peace of mind.