Lake Merritt Care Home - Oakland, CA

This was a nice tour. I was not able to meet the manager at the time for us to talk about the expense. The price was higher then what we could afford. They had a lot of nice activities that were offered.
I would of like for my father to live in a nice community like this. They had a lot to offer.

Review of Lake Merritt Care Home - Oakland, CA

Great place !!!

This would be an appropriat...

This would be an appropriate place for my mom. I was impressed with the roasted chickens coming out of the oven. I get a feeling that the food is good here and that the staff cares about the 14-15 residents they serve. The house is spacious, with lots of room to move about in. Staircase is wide and very safe looking. Upper rooms are bright and sunny. They seem flexible in working with their residents and the resident's needs. Everything was clean. I would feel comfortable having my mom here. I also think they would enjoy having my mom here, and I think my mom would enjoy the company here. I spoke with a few residents and they seem happy, positive and friendly. Price is reasonable ($2,000 and up for shared room). I really like the 'feel' of this home and felt the administrator is someone I can work with - candid and up front about realities of seniors living in assisted care. I may visit again and try to take my mom here for a visit to see how she reacts to the home and the people.

there was no one there to a...

there was no one there to answer my questions. the aid tried to call someone but no answer.

Friendly staff, small room

Friendly staff, small room

Tony’s Care Home is located just along the border of the City of Oakland and the city of Piedmont, located in a very nice and peaceful neighborhood. It has a deck with a spectacular view of the hill. With easy access to shops, theaters, churches, etc. and is just a few minutes away from the famous Lake Merritt. Public transport is convenient, because we’re a block away from Grand Avenue where buses and taxis are always available.

Our goal is to create and maintain a family atmosphere among the elderly residents, administrators, and the staff. Our facility is dedicated in providing care and assistance to our elderly residents, and at the same time in maintaining their dignity and independence. Our philosophy is love, care and respect for the elderly people like they are own family.
Come for a visit and experience it yourself.