Harmony Assisted Living of San Mateo - San Mateo, CA

My mother is happier in a small homier environment.

After touring many assisted living communities and board and care residential homes I decided on Harmony Assisted Living in San Mateo which is a small board and care for my 93 year old mother. She will be doing a 2 month respite while I'm out of the country. I'm hoping she will choose to stay there permanently when I return. Terri, the owner and primary care provider, is a licensed nurse with over 20 years experience and truly loves what she does. There is a lot of personalized care and social interaction and the house is very clean. Terri is also up to date on technology and we are able to Skype. With my iPad I'm able to talk and see my mother at the same time while in Italy. To a 93 year old this is "amazing"!

Terri is AMAZING!

It is SUPERB! A+ all the way around! My mom's not very active but they keep her awake and doctor her and stuff. I like everything about the way Terri runs the place. It's clean, quiet and the women are being very well cared for. She speaks English clearly. She charges more, I'm paying about $4,600 a month, but I can't even tell you how happy I am with this place. Terri is an LVN, a licensed vocational nurse and she's there all the time.