Grandma Joan's Nationwide - Midland Park, NJ

Grandma Joan's Nationwide - Midland Park, NJ has yet not published prices.

Grandma Joans is a award winning Live-in Care service that is exclusively for seniors who may need help to live safely on their own. A specially selected caregiver moves into your loved ones home and stays over 5,6 or even 7 nights per week while attending to your parents as needed during the daytime.

Someone who is warm, caring, and experienced with Dementia , Stroke , Parkinsons and personal care. They help with medications, meals, house chores, and even pet care. Our candidates can help with the full spectrum of homecare: from simple companionship and safety monitoring, all the way to bedridden and hospice care.

Why should you trust us with such an important task? We are the nation's live-in care experts. Grandma Joan's was rated in the TOP 1% of all US senior-care companies. We are BBB Accredited with an A+ Rating and have been helping families like yours since 2010

Join the thousands of families already enjoying 24/7 peace of mind while honoring their parents' wishes to stay in their own homes as they age with dignity and well being.

What's surprising to families is that this one on one premium service is less expensive than most understaffed nursing homes.

Grandma Joan's offers more choice, more care, at less cost. We even back up our service with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Sound interesting? Want to know more? Contact us now to get a no-obligation Rate Quote specific to your family's needs and location. What do you have to lose?

Service Area: Every zip code in every state (excluding AK,HI, NJ)

Costs: Onetime charge of $3250 to Grandma Joans, then recurring weekly charge paid directly to the premium live-in. Live-in rates range from $200-$250 day in most areas. CA and MA range from $255-$325 per day.

Criteria for service:
-Spare and furnished bedroom,
-Min Monthly Budget of 6k+
-Minimal hands-on assistance needed overnight when the live-in sleeps.

Exceptional Care giving

It can be un nerving to have a stranger move into your home to tend to your loved one who is in need of help. But this agency has taken away my fear and sent a compassionate and tender person to help me. I couldn' have asked for a better person to help around the house do what needs to be done as far as caring for my husband. It relieves some of the pressure and stress and makes me feel comfortable knowing someone else is here to help.

David Petroski

Im glad that we could help. It sounds like you have found some peace of mind knowing that someone else is there to help you with your husband. Let me know if any questions arise. We are here for you!

Very impressed!

Everything with this home care service is going great! I was very impressed with the amount of qualified candidates that I was able to choose from. They did what they said they were going to do, when you were going to do it, for the agreed upon price! We are very pleased!

David Petroski

Im not sure which client you are but Im happy that you are happy! Call us if any questions arise. We are here for you.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about the care my loved one has been receiving from this company. All of the staff have been helpful and attentive to my loved ones needs as well as remaining professional in there work. The ladies that came where wonderful and always polite. I would recommend it to anyone.

Thank you!!!

Helping Our Family

My mom is doing well and everything that the caregiver does has been good. She is on time and does a great job. She is a companion, prepares meals, and she is helping my mom when she needs help. I would recommend them to my family or friends.

David Petroski

Thank you! Let us know if any questions arise.

Dave

Grandma [Removed] was speedy, and effective. I could not be more satisfied. The care giver seems to be a perfect fit for my wife's needs.

Thank you!

THANKYOUthankyouTHANKYOUthankyouTHANKYOU!

I could not be happier (and more relieved)!

[Removed] was extremely responsive. I could call and ask a question or a million questions and he never acted like I was a pest and never made me feel like he wanted to get off the phone. He allowed me to run countless "what if..." scenarios by him and answered thoughtfully and honestly.

[Removed], the care giver we ended up hiring, is working out very well. My mom doesn't think she has Alzheimer's and is very unhappy that we've forced her to have a caregiver in her home. [Removed] has a way of dealing with my mom that is never confrontational. I'd thought it might be months before my mom would let her do anything. But in the first month she was able to get her to allow her to make most of the meals and do most of the cleaning.

Best yet, mom gained 3 pounds in the first 2 weeks! She'd been steadily losing weight so this was a huge measure of success.

And on the It's-all-about-me front, I have my life back! No more spending 20 hours a week running her household as well as mine. I can finally go back to working full time at my job.

David Petroski

Thank you! Im so glad that it worked out so well with "M" and your family. I spoke to M last week, and she told me that she was happy too. Funny how you found our service by accident :)

Better than we hoped...

After many years of supporting, scheduling and physically taking care of my parents I was getting burnt out. We had local agencies with multiple caretakers which was difficult to make sure everyone was on the same page.

[Removed] talked to us to help find an affordable, capable,honest, kind,conscientious, qualified live-in caretaker. He prescreened and sent us people to interview. We chose one and she was perfect. This angel became a part of our family until my father passed. We still see and talk to her regularly. Our family cannot thank [Removed] enough for providing support and care we needed. I only wish we contacted him sooner than we did!

David Petroski

Thanks Kay! I was sorry to hear about your father's passing. Best to you and your siblings.

The Caregiver Was Lovely

We had to let the caregiver go during the first week. We found they were not a good match together. The caregiver was a lovely lady and she took good care of my mom but the agency can do a better job finding a right match. If they need to cook and buy grocery, the caregiver needs to understand all that goes with that.

David Petroski

I think that I know who this is (from NH?). Im sorry to hear that the first live-in didn't work out as hoped. It happens 1 out of 8 times, and I am sorry that you were that one. We do have the one year satisfaction guarantee to cover this situation. From what I remember, we then sent you a live-in that you loved to replace her (Marcie), but then your dad passed on before you could start her.

So sorry, and my condolences,

My Father is Being Cared for Well

Everything is going very well for my father since he started to receive services from this home care agency. I know my father is in good hands, and being cared for very well. We have a wonderful care giver. I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. This is a home care agency I would recommend.

David Petroski

Thanks for the kind words. Im glad that things are working out. Let us know if you have any questions or if any concerns come up.

Went Through A Few Caregivers

They are so far so good, we had a little issue with the staff. One had to quit for family issues. Another said the commute is too far for her. We have one now and we are satisfied and she is capable of providing the assistance we need.

David Petroski

Thanks Anonymous. Call me if you need a replacement for any reason under our 1 Year Satisfaction Guarantee. Best of luck,

Good Home Care

My mother in law is having a good experience with this home care. They have been very helpful and kind. The care givers show up on time, and are always willing to help some more. My mother in law is in good hands with them. I would recommend this home care.

David Petroski

Thank you! Let us know if you have questions or concerns.

David Petroski

Thank you! Let us know if you have questions or concerns.

Excellent Service

We were very happy with this care from this service. The caretaker was outstanding ! She arrived on time and did everything that we asked of her. She was caring and very helpful to our needs of what we needed. We would recommend this service and the caretaker to other families.

David Petroski

Thank you! Let me know if you ever have any questions or concerns. We are here for you.

Dave Petroski

The Grandma Joan's home care service is exceptional. [Removed] [Removed], the owner, was extremely efficient, knowledgeable, and caring in fulfilling my family's needs. Having dealt with a number of other care agencies for the past 8 years, I can say that [Removed] business stands head and shoulders above them. We needed a 24 x 6 live in. [Removed] presented us with three sterling candidates. We ended up choosing [Removed], who has been one terrific caregiver for our father. [Removed] has exceeded our wildest expectations. We have seen substantial improvements in him since she has taken over.
[Removed] can be completely trusted in finding a good caregiver. He is genuinely interested in solving your problem; understanding the issues is his forte. Thanks [Removed],for your help

David Petroski

Thanks for the super kind words Donald!! Let me know if any questions or concerns arise.

Warm Regards,

GrandaJones Recommendation

[Removed]:

Just wanted to write to tell you how happy we are with [Removed]. She is WONDERFUL. Having been a chef, she is making fantastic meals for Mom and she takes such good care of Mom. Mom just loves [Removed].

I think Mom has put on 15 pounds since [Removed] has been cooking. Mom looks better and feels better, with the exception that Mom gets tired so quickly. But, I think that is just due to her age and her weakening heart.

I about 3 weeks, all of Mom, children and spouses, grandchildren (10 + their spouses) and great grandchildren (19) will be here to celebrate Mom's 90 birthday. (Her birthday is not until September, but everyone needs to visit before school starts.

Thank you again for helping us find [Removed]. Surely, there is no one better for Mom than [Removed].

Have a great week ahead.

[Removed]

David Petroski

Thanks Don for taking the time to review us and Anjalee. Im so happy that she is working out as planned. THANKS

Very Happy Client

Grandma Joan's has been a God send. The group of qualified assistant were superior. The Lady my mother chose - (with my help) could not be better. She is superior in every aspect and rapidly becoming one of the family. She has improved my mother's life by leaps and bounds.

David Petroski

Thank you Richard. Sherine was a good find! Call me if any questions or concerns arise.

Dave

My experience with Grandma Joans has been top of the line..They did everything they said they would do, when...Even after we did not need their service. David still helped me in getting certain paper work for my mother...I would definitely recommend their service...

David Petroski

Thanks for taking the time to write that Mark. Good luck with collecting all those receipts for your mom! Its quite an undertaking :)

It's working very well.

It's working very well. We have found someone who gets along really well with my wife. She knows all the tricks and just what to do, she is very experienced. I would very strongly recommend them. They delivered the goods, they really came through. It is expensive, but worked out to be less than assisted living for us. Gloria is part of our family now, everyone just loves her.

David Petroski

Robert I am so glad! I know how important it is for you to be able to stay in your own home with your wife in Florida. Best of luck and let me know if any questions or concerns arise.

Thanks again,

Top notch experience

Dealing with David has been a pleasure. With all my anxieties about finding a caregiver for my brother who has Parkinsons Disease, he managed to keep me assured that we would find someone to meet our needs. And he did. In fact, we had to choose between two candidates. If you find yourself in the same situation as us...needing an in home 24/7 caregiver, then i say look no further than Grandma Joan's.

David Petroski

Sharon, thanks for trusting us to help out with your brother's care. Im so glad to hear that Kerigan is working out as we hoped.

Let me know if any questions or concerns arise,

Good Source Of People

Things were up and down at first when we first get the service's but things are going well now. They have been very helpful to us and doing a good job. I would say the agency has a good source of people and does a good job sending them when we need them.

David Petroski

Thanks for taking the time to let others know that Grandma Joan's is a good source of live-in caregivers. With nearly 85% of live-in applicants failing our screening, only the top 15% make it to your door to meet you and your family. Let us know if anything changes and you need us to do another search for you.

Thank you Grandma Jones!

We have used Grandma Jones for the last 3 years to find caregivers for my brother who is paralyzed on his left side due to a stroke, also deaf and legally blind. Basically helpless and in need of caring people to help him with all tasks.

Dave Petrofsky has been there for us every time time we needed him in an emergency situation. Nights, weekends, he is always available and ready to help.

We would recommend this service to anyone who is in need of finding caregivers for their loved ones.

Thank you Grandma Jones!

David Petroski

Thanks Patty! Its been great working with you and John. I hope that Charles and Adrian continue to work out for years to come.

Excellent service

My mother was in need of live in help to get around. She lives in Maine and we were finding it very difficult to find any reliable help, on a full time bases. I heard an add for Gradma Joan's and thought I would give it a try. Within less than a month they had a few potentials. My mother did not like the first person who interviewed,(she can be a little picky!) The second person to apply hit off immediately with my mother and she has now been giving us excellent service for almost a year now, and we want her to stay as long as my mother is in need.

I highly recommend this service. Any questions or concerns I had during the process were answered almost immediately by phone or email.

David Petroski

Glad to hear that things are going well with Andrea and your mom. I know that she is grateful to be working with your family, and is happy too.

Happy forever

Working with Dave was a pleasure. He found what we needed but it did not work out as the job became more than the care giver wanted. He found us a replacement in one day. He was always available to answer our questions. Voce mails returned always within an hour
We would not use any other company in the future. The experience was off the charts

David Petroski

Thanks for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you finding a solution to your son's live-in companion needs.

Dave

Thank you Grandma Joan's!

Our experience with Granda Joan's service has been a great one. Dave [Removed] is always there when you need him. We were in dire straights on a Sunday afternoon for a live in caregiver and Dave found us a perfect match in one day. We are very pleased with our new caregiver Charles and would definitely use this service again and would recommend their services to anyone who needs reliable caring people to take care of your loved ones.

Thanks Patty!

From the moment I spoke with David Pa...

From the moment I spoke with David Patrowski, I knew that I had made the right decision for my father. He worked tirelessly to find me the best candidates to meet with and we found Luz! She is a wonderful caregiver and is taking such beautiful care of my father. I am so pleased that I selected the Grandma Joan service and would highly reccommend them to anyone looking for a live-in home health aid.

[removed]

David Petroski

Thanks Nadine! I spoke to Luz earlier in the week and she told me how nice that your father is, and how grateful she is for the position with your family. Let me know if you need anything, or if any questions arise.

My Grandma Joan's Experience

I cannot praise this service enough - Grandma Joan's has been instrumental in my father's road to recovery from a severe stroke. David (Petroski) conducts an extensive background check on all candidates, and goes out of his way to ensure that each candidate's level of experience matches your needs. Although the service is slightly pricey, I found that it was worth the money and peace of mind. Thanks to David, we found a reliable, hard-working and caring live-in aide who has become a part of our family, and has my father's best interests at heart.

David Petroski

I think that I know who this is, but I will keep you anonymous! Im glad that Kadija and your parents bonded so well, and that your father is getting more active under her gentle insistence. Thanks for the kind words.

Outstanding Service and Value

We were extremely blessed to find Grandma Joan's. This company is truly deserving of a five-star rating. Prior to learning of Grandma Joan's we were faced with mortgaging our elders' home in order to pay for 24-hour care. Now, thanks to Grandma Joan's, we are ready to hire a highly trained HHA/CNA who will provide loving and AFFORDABLE care to our elders.

Grandma Joan's impressed us with both the quality of applicants and the quality of technical support provided. We cannot say enough good about this lifesaving agency!!! Any family facing a long-term care dilemma would be well served by Grandma Joan's.

David Petroski

Thanks Ann! It was great working with you to find Mireille for your parents. I wasn't surprised when you shared how much the home care agency was charging them for a 24/7 aide. I'm just glad that we could help. Mireielle is such a caring women, and with over 15 yrs exp as a CNA too. Let me know if any questions arise, you know how to reach me.

"Grandma Joan's" Found the Perfect Caregiver for our Parents

Our 96 year old parents who have been married for 73 years have had their share of health issues this past year. They have been hospitalized and then rehabbed and are now back home. We have had adequate help from a local agency but we felt the cost was too high. My daughter's mother-in-law used Grandma Joan's to find live in help for her mother in New York and was very pleased. Grandma Joan's adviser, David, has been wonderful to work with. After his vetting process ,we interviewed the top two candidates and picked the one we thought was slightly better. Everyone seems to be a winner. The caregiver is warm and friendly and gives us the feeling that she needs to take care of someone and that someone is Mom and Dad. They seem to love her too.The cost is significantly less than the local agency.The total experience was unexpectedly easy. We are quite pleased. They have our highest recommendation.

David Petroski

I know who this is, but I will keep you anonymous :) Thanks for the kind words. I didnt tell you, but your daughter's mother in law was one of our first clients in New York City back in 2011. We had just expanded services from NJ when she called for help. It says so much to us that she recommended us to you. I hope that in the years to come, you will also feel comfortable doing the same! Let me know if we can answer any questions that arise. Thanks again.

It is a marvelous service, it is an answer to many geriatric people's prayers.

I have had an excellent experience. David is on top of everything and very professional. The service he provides is commendable, he does his job well and you feel very secure with the way he handles his business. It is a marvelous service, it is an answer to many geriatric people's prayers. It makes you feel safe because I need somebody that is good and attentive for my wife. He checks his people out very well, I know we are safe and in good hands.

David Petroski

Thanks Nate! Its been a pleasure working with you and your daughters to find Marilyn the proper help that she deserves. Cant wait to see your purple couch one day! :)

Call me if you need anything.

Excellent care and companionship for our loved one 300 miles away

David Petroski and his company Grandma Joan's were recommended to me by A Place for Mom and now my family is relieved that my aunt is well-cared for.

Unlike other companies that provide multiple caregivers to take care of your loved one during the course of a day, David provides a number of candidates for you to interview and to select the best one to be the live-in caregiver and companion for your loved one. David first gets data on your loved one and his/her needs, and he discusses those needs thoroughly with you so he can make a better selection of candidates for you to choose from. He does an excellent job screening the candidates and suggestions which ones may be more compatible with your loved one or better able to handle the health issues your loved one may have. He arranges the candidates' meetings with you and the loved one, and helps you through the process of deciding on the right one and signing a contract. David follows up to see how the caregiving relationship is working out and he is available seemingly any time of day or night to respond to questions or problems that may come up. In our own particular circumstance, the first care giver unfortunately needed to leave to take care of her own ailing parent, but Dave was able to help us hire a replacement caregiver very quickly.

We are delighted with my aunt's present caregiver. She is extremely sensitive and aware of other's needs and very responsive, mature, and responsible. She updates us regularly on my aunt's status and takes care of making sure my aunt's prescriptions don't run out and that she gets to her doctor and social appointments on time. She is more than a caregiver - she also is an excellent companion, so my aunt always has someone to have good conversations with. My aunt's caregiver lifts a great burden of worry that would otherwise be on my wife's and my shoulders especially since we live 300 miles distant from my aunt.

David Petroski

Thanks Dennis!!!! So glad that we could be of help. Enla seems like she will be a good long term fit your Aunt. Let me know if you need anything else, or if any questions arise over the year.

A Great Live-In Provider

I have had a very positive experience in my association with Grandma Joan's. David Petroski provides an excellent service to those who are in need of a live-in caregiver. He does a thorough search for the caregiver to best meet our (my parents) needs based on the application that we completed. He readily provides the client with a variety of interviews enabling us to make the best choice. All the caregivers are prescreened by him. All we have to do is to conduct the interview. He makes all the arrangements. It couldn't be easier. It is also very easy to communicate with David. He demonstrates sensitivity and an awareness of our needs. I would recommend Grandma Joan's to anyone who is in need of a quality service and a quality caregiver.

David Petroski

Thanks Cherie. It was very kind of you to leave such a nice review of my Grandma Joan's service! Call me if your parents need any help with Mary. So glad that she clicked so well with your father. He is a character!

A Sincere Recommendation for Grandma Joan's

A Place for Mom recommended several 24/7 in home agencies to me. After detailed checking, I am thrilled we chose Grandma Joan's. Owner David Petroski is amazing-knowledgable about seniors' needs, empathetic to client's needs, patient and available at all hours, even after contracts are signed.

A main selling point for us was that with this agency, Mom could have the same caregiver the whole time, rather than 3-4 different people.

David made the interview process simple, selecting excellent candidates who all exactly met our needs. He guided us through contracts and the orientation for our caregiver. The agency website is clear and also very helpful. Overall, Grandma Joan's is considerably less expensive than most other places, yet the quality is high.

Mom is now happy and safe in her own home; my husband and I feel secure about her care. I have Grandma Joan's and David Petroski to thank for that.

David Petroski

Thanks for the kind words Michele! Let me know if any questions or concerns come up with Ofaa.

Home Care and decided that ...

Home Care and decided that we are not interested in home care due to the large daily care price, did not talk much but given some good information.

David Petroski

According to the annual Met Life Long Term Care survey, The national average rate for a nursing home bed in 2012 was $248 per day. Our own data shows that live-ins cost the same as about 10 hours of hourly home care service. If that is the case, than the national average for a 24/7 live-in , using the same Met Life survey would be $221 per day.

Families that used Grandma Joan's to secure their live-in in 2012 averaged paying just $143 per day. Though I agree that $143 is still a lot of money, it is a bargain compared to the other 24/7 non-medical care models available.

Hope that helps clarify things,

Very pleased so far

The person I spoke with when I called to investigate home help for my Dad was very professional and knowledgeable, which really set my mind at ease. He was able to answer all of my questions, and has been very good at responding to my emails with useful information. I didn't feel the need to look any further after talking to him, the service seemed great!

David Petroski

Thanks, and I hope that your care needs were met by us or another provider.

Couldn't ask for more!

My experience with this company has been wonderful. They were always available to take my calls, even late at night, and always on time. I can't think of any way they could improve their service further! If you don't hire them shame on you, and you can quote me on that.

Thank YOU!!

Uncomfortable with the fact...

Uncomfortable with the fact that all they do is a criminal check, no bonding, liability insurance or workman's comp.

David Petroski

Sorry to hear that you left with that impression. Unlike a home care agency, we not only do a nationwide criminal check, but also: two interviews, a nationwide misdemeanor check, a nursing board check, and we speak to and verify references from at least two American families that the live-in has already lived with and done service for. 85% of the applicants who apply for our posted positions fail our screening.

Secondly, clients can choose to contract with the live-in as a 1099 who is liable for their own insurance or liabilities, not the family. We now also have the option where the family can choose to contract with the live-in as a W2 and get workman's comp insurance for complete peace of mind.

For $20,000 less per year then a home care agency live-in, you can even have them bonded for yourself for just $100 per year. Families dont do it though, as their home owners insurance already covers more then the bond would.

Hope that helps clarify things,