Golden Coast Senior Living #12 - Lake Forest, CA

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Golden Coast Senior Living has been a good one, I'd give them top marks across the board. It's a nice looking place, they do a great job taking care of the residents, and everyone is very friendly. They've handled everything we needed them to, and we have no complaints!

usha villarreal

Usha Villarreal,RN

Good care, friendly caretakers

I like the caretakers; I do not like the owner.

The caretakers are friendly; that is important. They are kind to my Mom. Their physical care of her is good.

My mom doesn't have much desire to participate in activities if she could, so I've not paid much attention to them.

In picking this facility, quality of care was important , and a nice room. They have lived up to these expectations.

What I don't like about the caretaker is that she lacks compassion and is too businesslike. The day after my father died, she called to ask if I still wanted the room.

Golden Coast Senior Living:I was ...

Golden Coast Senior Living:

I was totally impressed with Golden Coast. My loved one was only there for a short period, but I felt the staff really cared about her. They were extremely friendly, caring, and accommodating to her needs. The facility itself was perfect! Kept very clean. Overall I was satisfied. 1 to 5, I'd give them a 6!.

usha villarreal

Usha Villarreal

Knew Mom would be well cared for

We feel vey fortunate that we found your online link. We were at the very short on a time frame and met with Usha. Knew immediately that this would be the place our Mother wuld be happy and cared for.
Thank you!

The Caregivers Changed A Lot

This was the board and care that my mother was in for six months and then my step dad was driving up to Mission Viejo to see her and decided he wanted to be closer to her so we started looking for a more convenient place for us. I didn't like this place anyway. The woman owns about 10 of these board and care places. The caregiver changed hands all the time and mother couldn't handle that change. She has dementia and every time they changed care givers she was confused and set back. She didn't ever recover from that.

I also didn't like that mother seemed to be the only one there that was coherent. It just wasn't a good placement for her.

Poor Communication

I don't know that they have any activities. I've only known of one time that they had something. There may be more but I haven't heard anything and they don't communicate that to me. That is one of the bigger problems; the communication is poor from the caregivers and staff. There is frequently a lot of confusion between the administrators and caregivers. I've had to call the owner to get things straightened out.

My mother is in end-stage dementia so she's not a reliable source. I have to be able to rely on communication from the caregivers, so it's hard.

I'm not totally dissatisfied with this facility but my estimation of what should be provided versus what they're telling me is provided don't always mesh. When she was sundowning, they didn't think it was their responsibility to provide care in the middle of the night. I expected more care when she has an issue.

Golden Coast Senior Living is a wonderful and professionally run adult home located in Mission Viejo, California. We take the guesswork out of choosing the right home for your elderly parent simply because we are one of the top choices available in the area. More and more people are choosing us when it comes to the right adult care community for their loved one. The reason we are one of the top choices in the state is because we have professional staff available around the clock for seniors who either cannot take care of themselves when living alone or for seniors who need help in the case of an emergency. In most cases, many seniors are unsafe when they are living all by themselves and at Golden Coast Senior Living, we ensure that we can provide this safety net for them. We also have a number of different amenities available to seniors who happen to be living in our facility. We have events, social activities and parties held throughout the year so that your elderly parent can remain active in their golden years. We also have transportation available in case your loved one wants to go out for the day to do some shopping, run some errands or just go see a movie with a friend. It is an easy option to choose Golden Coast Senior Living when you are looking for the best place that your elderly parent can live and receive the professional care that they so desperately need.