East West Care Redwood City II - Redwood City, CA

Kind Staff!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for him. The staff are the highlight of the place and really are wonderful people. They are always so kind and have been accommodating to his needs to the best of there ability. He has started to get adjusted with his new living environment and everything this place has to offer.

Friendly Staff!!

I thought the staff at this community where very friendly to my loved one and I during our tour. They where on time to our appointment and made sure to give us a detailed look at there facility without feeling rushed or pressured. I have no complaints about our visit it was just not the right fit for my wife in the end decision.

East West Care II Redwood City

A Place For Mom set my initial appointment with this facility and it was the first one I saw. I was sold the moment I walked in the door. My mother had a aneurysm 4 years ago and my father could no longer care for her. They have been married for 68 years and I was very concerned about her care and his acceptance of East West care. Since she was admitted 45 days ago, her health has improved. She is clean, she eats, her hair is washed and combed and my father is so relieved to see her doing better. Cindy and staff there are warm and friendly. Plus attentive to my Mother's ( and father's) needs. Her medications are regulated.

The facility is clean, free of some of the pungent odors that assault you in other care facilities.
I was fearful of finding a correct home for my Mom. East West care put me at ease. If they have the room, go there! You won't regret the decision.

5 STAR. Loved it!

5 STAR. Loved it!

Good at What They Do

There's only 6 people there and the other 5 aren't active. My mother-in-law is the only one who is mobile so she' not into that many activities herself. The staff is very very good but their English is not good. They make themselves understood and they're very good with medications and they're very good at what they do but English is their second language so it's not like you can have a full conversation with them. It's not a problem but it would be nice if they spoke better English. They're very friendly and they very responsive - very willing to do whatever.

The setting is nice. The room is big and price-wise it was certainly on the lower end of the scale.

Our experience with East West Care Redwood City II

My dad had come to the point that he couldn't stay in his home. With the help of my advisor, I contacted several residential care homes in Redwood City and Dr. Gorman of East West Care was so kind from the first call. He and his administrator Edita took the time to come to dad's home to meet us on a Sunday afternoon. They asked me to make a list of dad's favorite foods and Edita went out and bought them. The caregivers were wonderful with dad, kind, professional, respectful. Unfortunately, dad passed away two weeks after moving in but his last two weeks were as good as we could have hoped. I highly recommend East West Care Redwood City II.

Visited on 9/4/2013. $3,500...

Visited on 9/4/2013. $3,500 all inclusive, including 2 appointment visits/month. 7 small rooms, 3 shared bathrooms off hallway, 2 sitting areas. Have to provide meds to them. Americana meals - one choice for dinner.

Dr. Gorman, Edita and the c...

Dr. Gorman, Edita and the caregivers have bent over backwards to make dad comfortable. They had me write a list of his favorite foods and Edita went out and bought things just for him. They gave him a phone number and everyone I have had contact with has been loving and professional.

Got tour of residences. These were n...

Got tour of residences. These were nice, comfortable homes.

Open floor plan for living/dining/kit...

Open floor plan for living/dining/kitchen is nice. Help was friendly. Rooms too small for our needs. Nice landscaping and backyard.