Caring.com was founded in 2007, and is an online senior care directory for families looking to get more information and help as they care for aging loved ones. In addition to being a senior care directory, they provide content to help caregivers, consumer ratings and reviews, and online support groups.

Good service, but could use better follow-up

The service was useful, but there wasn't as much follow-through as I would have liked.

They were responsive

I thought Caring.com provided excellent service. They were very responsive and got us some information out quickly. However, I didn't find their follow-up to be quite as direct as A Place For Mom, we got a lot of feedback from the communities they referred us to, but no real personal contact from Caring.com after that.

Good experience with Caring.com

We had a good experience with Caring.com as well, they were friendly and had useful info.

Very helpful information

The information was very helpful. I had been working with them for a while before I tried A Place for Mom. A lot of the information was the same. Both were friendly and helpful, and pretty comparable. I would reccommend both services to friends and family equally.

Follow-up could use improvement

I used their service, and I didn't think they did nearly as well with the follow-up as A Place for Mom did.

Review of Caring.com

I think they were local. But I did check them out. I would say it was a very similar experience.

Good articles and helpful service

I think they send a lot of articles, and their service was also helpful, though a little different.

Review of Caring.com

I got a lot of information from a lot of different agencies. It's hard to sort who sent me what. There was a lot of overlap, but also I got some things from some places others didn't provide. They were all pretty similar.

Had some useful information

We used Caring.com during our brief search, and while they had some useful information it wasn't as comprehensive as A Place for Mom.

Could work on expanding their list

There is a lot of overlap, and we have done some other investigations individually. They aren't giving me quite as expansive of a list. They send a lot of emails, but they don't touch base with me, like Lori from A Place For Mom does.

Review of Caring.com

They were not as helpful. A Place for mom was more personalized and all around more helpful. Some of the information was duplicated. But A Place for Mom just had more complete information.

Could work on follow-up

I did check in with these guys. I got some of the same information, but A Place for Mom was better. They responded quicker and followed up better than Caring.com did.

Would recommend to friends and family

I got the same information for the most part from all the referral agencies I worked with. All of the information was extremely helpful, I would recommend friends or family check out all of the agencies.

Caring.com was helpful

There was some overlap in the information but Caring.com sends a lot of things about private caregivers, which I found helpful.

Helpful information

Caring.com provided some helpful information!

Review of Caring.com

I didn't use them that much, just for a couple of place,

Review of Caring.com

I think I used them but I don't really remember that well. There were a lot of people calling. I got helpful information I think.

They quickly provided information

I had an immediate response. I got the information I needed.

Very good and on top of things

I went with caring.com first and went with them. They contacted me the same day I inquired with them. They were more responsive. I thougth they were very good, and really on top of things. They followed up and not only provided a list of place to look at, they also set up those appointments.

A lot of information

There was a lot of overlap in information but some was different. I was just searching around, and kept ending up with these lists, that I wasn't really intending to get, and then it ended up being helpful.

Would not recommend them

I got a lot of the same places, I don't remember them that much, definitely not as well as I remember A Place for Mom's service. I don't think I would recommend them because I wouldn't know remember where to look, and they had pretty much the same information A Place for Mom did, but A Place for Mom's was better.

Review of Caring.com

I think they had some different information. I think as many resources as possible is good. I think they weren't quite as helpful as A Place for mom was.

Pleased overall

I was pleased with the service, overall.

I would recommend Caring.com

I found the service very useful, overall. I would recommend it.

Review of Caring.com

I paid 30$ from care.com, but I never got any services. I had to put in the location and 15 people came up. I didn't know who to choose and who to trust.

Helped us find some home care options

I thought the service was useful, and helped find some home care options in the area.

Helpful and friendly

They were both helpful. And the people were very friendly. I did get the same information from both places for what I was looking for.

Very pleased with Caring.com

I was very pleased with Caring.com's service, overall. They provided useful information, and they were good with their follow-up.

Useful information

Caring.com provided helpful information. I don't think there were many options in my area so it ended up being the same info that other services provided, but still useful.

Provided helpful information

I found the information I received to be helpful. I got just what I needed, and used information from this and A Place For Mom

All of the information was helpful

I got some of the same information and some different information. It was all helpful and there is so much of it. What people need to know is to be proactive and to start this search earlier. Also to know the difference between assisted living and nursing home. I wouldn't recommend checking the agencies, because I think everyone needs to do their own research

Provided good general information

I thought Caring.com provided some good general information about what to look for with senior housing, some interesting articles on Alzheimer's care, things like that. However I felt the information they provided on actual facilities was very sparse. It wasn't a complete list of what was in my area, and I don't feel like anyone had an personal experience with the facilities.

Review of Caring.com

I spoke briefly with Caring.com during my search. I don't recall much about our interactions, but I preferred A Place For Mom's approach.

Didn't have any issues

I didn't use the service very extensively, but I don't recall having any issues. The people seemed friendly and helpful.

No complaints

We had a good experience with the service, I don't recall thinking about anything they could have done better.

Helpful overall

I found Caring.com helpful overall, although I didn't like how I was inundated with calls from communities after contacting them. A Place For Mom had the same issue, but I slightly preferred their approach.

Thankful for the service they provide

We didn't end up needing to move my loved one, but I appreciated the service they provided!

Disappointed

I was disappointed with the service I received from Caring.com. It just wasn't very hands on, and there was not much follow-up after our first conversation.

Provided good information

Caring.com did a good job. They were really good about making sure we hand plenty of information. They sent out a lot of information regarding general information that we'd need to consider for senior living, not just a list of options in the area.