Brookstone Estates of Olney - Olney, IL

Old age and lack of activities

My father felt very isolated there as they did not have many activities he was interested in. He did not like the food but the personnel were friendly to him and helped him to meals and gave him his medications but otherwise he did not see them very often as he did not leave his room. He was 99 years and it was hard for him to wheel himself around the facility. Much of the problem was his age and his ability to help himself as he should have and the lack of activities.

SLC Midwest

My name is Lisa Reed & I am the Vice President of Operations, including Brookston Estates of Olney.

I would like to take this opportunity to first thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback related to you and your father’s experience at this community.

I am very sorry to hear that your impression of our community was not more positive. I intend to take your feedback to the leadership team of the Olney community so we can address it appropriately. We certainly want our residents & their loved ones to have a positive impression of all of our amenities, including activities & meals.

If you would like to talk further with me, you can reach me at [removed].

Again, I really appreciate your feedback. It is important to me.

Brookstone communities are all nestled in small Illinois towns of 10,000 to 20,000 residents where families can feel satisfied their loved ones are receiving high quality care in a stress-free environment.

Brookstone Estates independent living communities are modern, attractive and impeccably maintained, offering gracious ambiance while meeting the unique needs of each individual resident. The facilities offer a full range of services and amenities for a single, all-inclusive, yet affordable price. Meals, housekeeping, laundry, a personal response system, 24-hour staffing and other services are all part of the package.

Individual apartments at Brookstone communities offer not only comfort, convenience and the opportunity for friendly sociability but also the assurance of privacy. Residents all receive keys to their new home making privacy and security simply a matter of closing the front door. Residents may also bring personal furnishings to maintain the utmost level of familiarity and comfort.