Benefits of Home-Senior Care - Lenexa, KS

Benefits of Home-Senior Care - Lenexa, KS has yet not published prices.

• Laundry
  • Care For Pets
  • Meal Preparation
  • Toileting & Incontinence Care
  • Transfer Assistance
  • Light Housekeeping
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene

Unsafe Practices & Issues with Scheduling

Please DO NOT use Benefits of Home. They do not know how to safely care for seniors, and their scheduling process is extremely disorganized. The caregivers we had did not know anything about safe lifting procedures. I discontinued service and found another company to help her.

Kent Westervelt

We certainly take these comments seriously and unfortunately, this client had a poor experience. Benefits of Home has been in business for over 10 years and is trusted by over 100 Seniors every month to help them live independently. Unfortunately, the enormous volume of satisfied customers is not represented here (as the new owner, I am addressing reviews).

Transfers: Our client care managers ALWAYS do a full assessment prior to starting service and make sure we address any client needs, such as transfer needs. We then, and only then, schedule the proper caregiver to meet the client’s needs.

Scheduling. From the start, we work with the client to directly address their needs and goals. We do everything we can to ensure consistent caregivers. Our client care managers will work directly with a client, as much as it takes, to ensure continuity. Our scheduling is far from "disorganized" and again, the vast majority of our clients are very happy w/ the schedule and caregivers but if you need a change, we make it happen.

disappointing

this company has proved repeatedly to be unreliable. I have experienced as well as many others I have interacted with, Bennefits of home not listening to my requests. Not sending someone to help and not notifying me or family members no one would be showing up. I repeatedly had a different caregiver, was never sure who would show up. They did not inform the caregivers of my circumstances or needs. They have a book at my home, bu they does not give the caregivers an awareness of what they are walking into. Sometimes the caregiver has no idea what to do.
They have some very good caregivers but the person who arranges the placements and schedule is very rude and unproffesional.

Kent Westervelt

While this review is nearly two years old, as the new owner, I take these comments seriously. We have been in business for over 10 years and are trusted by over 100 Seniors every month to help them live independently. Please consider those facts when reading a two-year-old, negative review.

Reliability and consistency ARE the exact reasons more than 100 Seniors and leading Senior housing facilities choose Benefits of Home every month. With our years of experience, we know the #1 issue with clients is caregiver “continuity.” After determining your needs (activities, schedule), we work to match a caregiver (personality, skill-level, scheduling, etc). We make every effort to assign the same caregivers each week to the client if your schedule allows it. Of course, clients needs can change and caregivers may need time off infrequently--we directly contact you if these changes occur.

In any event, our client care managers are here to work directly with you and are available, 24/7, if needed.

Benefits of "BENEFITS OF HOME"

Benefits of Home is my first experience with a professional in-home senior care service. They have been looking after my elderly mother for several months now, and I have been pleased with every aspect of their service.
The primary reason I initially chose BOH was their unique program of short (1/2 to 1 1/2 hour) visits 7 days a week. All the other services demanded a minimum of 3 hours, For me, having a lady drop by my mother's home each morning to tidy up and help start her day is a tremendous relief.
Mom is delighted with the care she is receiving, and looks forward to every visit.
Other considerations:
1.) BOH did an excellent job matching my mother with compatible caregivers. She really LIKES them.
2.) BOH makes every effort to keep the same people on the job. Switching caregivers can be very stressful.
3.) The BOH staff is pro-active; they don't just stick to our agreed-upon list of personal care, household and driving chores. If they see something that needs to be done, they just do it.
4.) BOH caregivers are warm, prompt and professional. They have maintained excellent communication with me regarding concerns or observations they have had during their visits.
4.) BOH pricing is comparable to other professional senior care services. That is to say, expensive. But it's peanuts compared to the cost of moving my mother to an assisted living facility
In short, Benefits of Home has earned my highest recommendation.

Benefits of Home is a family-owned company that provides the highest quality in-home senior care services for the elderly. We are based in Lenexa, Kansas and serve the greater Kansas City and Lawrence areas.

Since our inception in January 2007, we have listened to and learned from the many families we have assisted. Our approach to providing senior care services has been developed in direct response to each family's need for reliable information about elder care and for their need to feel confident with the quality of individuals working in their homes.

Our mission is to "treat people the way we would want to be treated." As such, we listen to the needs of our clients and go to great lengths to make them feel comfortable and secure with our caregivers and our services.

As far as senior care services, Benefits of Home provides a number of Personal Care Services and Companion Care Services, along with Medication Management. Each of our service levels can be custom-tailored to the needs of the senior in care.

We use a Three-Step Approach when setting up an individuals’ care. The first step in our process is a home consultation and assessment. The second step in the process is selecting a caregiver. The third step is the personal introduction.

Benefits of Home is constantly looking at the specific needs of the aging population and developing services and support systems to meet those needs because we care. We know most people would prefer to live at home forever. We also understand that many people are forced to move to "care communities" for one primary reason. The cost of bringing care into their home is way too high.

Benefits of Home has utilized several years of experience working with aging adults to develop our revolutionary COOPERATIVE CARE programs. These programs allow multiple families to share the same employee, which provides two primary benefits. It lowers the cost of care drastically, and it makes home care much less overwhelming for the person receiving care.

Nearly every aging adult we have spoken to loves the idea of spending less and only having people in their home when they truly need them. We hope your family will agree!