Meeting the NEED! How Ballard did just that.

On the 2nd tuesday of november., we were praying for a solution to finding accomodations that would meet a wide variety of concerns. My wife and I had recently been transfered from our job location to jobs many miles apart and finding something that would be affordable for our brother with a dissability in liew of a probate sale of the house he was staying in; we were running out of time. But Like a voince in the night offering " A Place For Mom" help, the radio brodcasted a phone number which i immediatly dialed. Maggie , answered late at night. A live voice, was i suprised. I told her our story explaining how we were looking for help something that would meet different aspects. Maggie listened well, very well. The next morning when I got into work there was an email from A place for mom with 4 locations for us to drive by and get back to maggie. All low income that would work in the radius my wife and I had to travel. We took a drive that night , called our brother and took him for a drive by. Then through Maggie, she set up a tour and my brother started the process of application and approval. My wife and I went to Wisconson to see family for Thanksgiving. During that week my bother recieved approval. We drove home and moved him in the same weekend. During the first week of getting settled in my brother was getting aquainted with Ballard, his neighbors, community and basics of everyday life. Ballard is a brand new facility/apartment complex and the thought that went into its design was really appreciated by my brother do to his stoke limatations. Last and also important/appreciated is the fact that many of the basic struggles for all seniors and their families are known and recognized at Ballard Village. Maggie having listened to my story has continued to send articles via. email that are informational help guides/sources. My sincerest thenks go out to, A Place For Mom and Maggie. Thank you for being the voice in the night that MET A NEED. Merry Christmas to you all.