American Care Home - La Mirada, CA

The Home Has A Good Feeling

My dad is doing good with the home we picked for him. We liked that they were brighter and not darker inside the home. They provide the best environment and it is close for my sister and I to visit. The staff are pushing him to do better and I have nothing but good things to say about the home. I would recommend them to others.

Great services

I don't have any problems with it. It is an actual home that is in a neighborhood.

For the most part it's been great.

For the most part it's been great. It's very good, we are happy with it. Any sort of small issue or request we have, is addressed and accommodated to the best of their ability. They have a very consistent staff, the same caregivers all the time. It's hard for my loved one to socialize because there are only a few other people there, and they are at a higher care level than my loved one. They let her keep her two parakeets. Communication can be difficult due to language barriers, it can also get a little loud for her since she is used to living alone. One of the caregivers can be a little rough and short with the residents. I am not entirely happy with the food. A lot of it is frozen stuff they are preparing. They put gravy on everything, and it's a lot of banquet entrees. They get a lot of fresh fruit, but I rarely see fresh vegetables, and not even much for starches. The cook keeps everything very clean. I think there are just a few things that haven't been considered or maybe haven't come up for them before we got here,but they have been very good about addressing those concerns as they come up, and are always willing to work with us.