Every day families across the nation come to the realization that they have loved ones that need help. Help getting around, taking care of themselves, or just finding a community where they can live their lives the way they want, surrounded by others with similar lifestyles.
But this is not an easy decision to make and most families don’t know where to begin. This is not like buying a car, or looking for a plumber or lawn care service. Most people can just ask their friends and neighbors about those and find plenty of useful information online. But when you are looking for a great place for your loved one, most people don’t know where to begin.
SeniorAdvisor.com helps these families every day. We provide them with unfiltered, unbiased feedback from families and residents who have all been through this same process and have successfully found a great place to live. This is where we came up with the idea to create our awards program. We wanted to award the communities and care providers with a chance to shine, and not just award them, but make sure we tell everyone about the great work they do. Today more and more people use online reviews to make informed decisions and senior living is no different.
All of this started more than 5 years ago, and every year we make our criteria harder than the year before and every year we get more winners. We are so proud and happy with the communities and care providers who win this prestigious award. Nearly every year, these winners represent the top 1-2% of all senior living establishments.
For communities and care providers, SeniorAdvisor.com’s Best of 2018 Care Provider Award gives you a chance to proudly display an award that was earned directly from the families and residents you help every day. Your co-workers, families and residents can be proud of the fact that they have chosen one of the best of the best when it comes to Senior Living.
For families these awards give them the piece of mind that the community or care provider they are looking at is making other families just like theirs happy. In this sometimes difficult time, nothing makes a family member feel better than to hear the feedback of others who have dealt with similar situations as theirs.
How Does one Qualify for the Best of 2018 Care Provider Awards?
- All winners must be a home care or senior living service provider (assisted living, nursing homes, senior apartments, independent living, Alzheimer’s care, and CCRCs all qualify).
- You must maintain a minimum star rating of 4.5 on SeniorAdvisor.com. *This number is subject to change per SeniorAdvisor.com’s quality guidelines*
- You must have received a minimum of 3 new reviews on SeniorAdvisor.com in 2017.
- You must meet a minimum overall review requirement. *This detail is a proprietary formula by SeniorAdvisor.com*
These awards are primarily based on the feedback of families and residents, so get as many reviews as you can. The minimum number of reviews is subject to change. Our goal is to make this hard to ensure a certain level of quality for our families – typically only the top 1% of senior care providers are recipients of our Best of Care Provider Awards!
Think about it: When you’re researching a business – maybe a restaurant, hotel, or physician’s office- don’t you look for honest, consumer reviews before making the decision to use that business?
How Do I Get New, Positive Reviews?
Click to view full-size version suitable for printing.
The best way to get reviews is to make it easy and convenient for your families to review you. Here are several ways you can do this:
- Always a big hit with families and residents are our SeniorAdvisor.com Review Postcards. You can hand them out in person immediately after a tour, which the family member can then fill out at their convenience. The postage is pre-paid, so all they have to do is drop it in the mail. You can order your Review Postcards for free here. We will mail them to you within 1 business day. New reviews typically get posted within 1-3 business days of receipt.
- Download the SeniorAdvisor.com Review Postcard template. Print off copies to give to residents and families, then collect them and scan them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to us at 7756 Northcross Drive #101, Austin, TX 78757.
- Send an email to all of your residents, their families and anyone who has toured your community asking them to review your community on SeniorAdvisor.com. It’s best to provide a direct link to your community page on SeniorAdvisor.com when sending out the email so recipients know exactly where to click the “Write a Review” button.
- Ask your residents in person, or call family members and anyone who has toured your community to ask them to find your community on SeniorAdvisor.com and write a review.
In order to qualify for inclusion in the Best of 2018 Awards, ALL postcards must be postmarked or electronically received no later than October 13th, 2017. Any reviews received after this date will still be transcribed onto SeniorAdvisor.com, but they will not be used to decide eligibility for the Best of 2018 Awards.
Start getting reviews for your community now!
Every year our Care Provider awards celebration gets bigger and better. This award means so much to the hardworking staff and residents of senior care providers. We look forward to highlighting your business in this year’s Best of 2018 Awards!
Learn more about the awards and check out SeniorAdvisor.com’s Best of 2017 Winners.