10 Questions for the New Year
With the New Year approaching, it’s a great time to reflect on the past year and highlight the positives and negatives, which can offer life lessons for the future.
What is reflection? Reflection is defined as a thought occurring in consideration or meditation, while it can also mean to cast back light giving back an image.
Refection can be extremely beneficial as it allows one to evaluate and learn from past experiences, bring clarity to past situations/events, practice the power of gratitude and even tap into nostalgic events to increase happiness.
The act of reflection can serve as a personal, meditative experience done alone or it can be a wonderful bonding experience with friends or family through shared personal experiences and stories.
To bring light and a thoughtful roadmap into 2016, here are 10 questions you can ask your loved ones:
- Name three things that made 2015 a memorable year.
- What challenges did you face in the past year?
- What was the hardest thing to overcome in the past year?
- What are three new things you learned from 2015?
- What did you enjoy the most in the past year?
- What are you most proud of from the past year?
- What are three ways you can make 2016 an even better year?
- What is one goal you would like to achieve in 2016?
- What are you looking forward to in 2016?
- If you had to give 2016 a theme, what would it be the year of?
By asking these questions, not only will you and your loved ones have the opportunity to pause and learn from the past year, but it’s also a way to recognize hardships, move on from them and bring light to new experiences and opportunities in the coming year.
Take the time to reflect on 2015, so you and your loved ones can acknowledge struggles and celebrate achievements to make 2016 an even better year.
Wishing you a peaceful and bright holiday season of reflection and a New Year of happy beginnings!
Great list for reflecting on the past year and especially for setting goals in 2016. Hope everyone has the opportunity to make 2016 the best year yet!
I’ll be writing around these questions for the next few weeks. One is never too old to build new hopes and expectations for a new year of living. Thank you!