Things Dads Say
Father’s Day is this weekend! To celebrate, we ran a contest on our Facebook page and asked our fans to share their favorite dad quotes. It was a joy to read the messages of love, reassurance, wisdom, and utter randomness that we can rely on our fathers to share with us. We love you, Dad!
We’ve rounded up our favorites below – check them out and let us know your favorite in the comments!
Happy Father’s Day, everyone!
1. You could do anything you set your mind to.
2. Remember that freedom is never free.
3. Anyone can be a dad but it takes a man to be a father.
4. I will always love you no matter what.
5. Your word is your bond.
6. No matter how far apart life may make us or if that good lord calls me home, just look in the mirror because through you I live on.
7. You are my baby and you will always be my baby to the day I die.
8. A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you; he shows you.
9. Kill them with kindness to make the situation better.
10. Treat people how you want to be treated and always respect your elders.
11. Say what you mean, mean what you say, and be mean enough to say it.
12. Never sew buttons on ice cream.
13. No matter where life takes you baby girl, always be strong and know I’m looking down on you smiling.
14. At your age I was already doing [fill in the blank].
15. When you mess with trash, it will get in your eyes.
16. You’re the only one I will tell about my secret fishing spots.
17. LTTEOT – Love Till The End Of Time
18. Don’t start a habit if you can’t afford it.
19. Embarrassment is when you get caught stealing.
20. Let’s do this.
21. Everything is going to be okay, even if it’s not okay.
22. It’s going to be alright, I promise.
23. Hope all your dreams come true.
24. Don’t put yourself in a position of temptation.
25. Look before you leap!
26. Do as I say, not as I do.
27. If a man tries to attack you, kick or knee him between the legs.
28. Life isn’t fair.
29. Pretty is as pretty does.
30. A man isn’t a man if he has to hit a woman.
31. Hey, beautiful.
32. Both my girls will know how to drive a manual.
33. Do it for me.
34. A leopard never changes its spots.
35. Here I come to save the day.
What’s something your dad always says? Please share in the comments!