Consultant Hours
  • Mon - Fri: 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM PT
  • Sat - Sun: 5:00 AM - 5:30 PM PT

Tulsa Senior Realtors

When you make the decision to move, you have to think of a lot of different things. Moving as a senior requires even more thought and can be more emotional, especially if you’ve been in your current home for a long time. You want an agent who will be sensitive to your needs while still considering things like retirement budgets, your long-term health care, and estate planning. Many agents in the Tulsa area have qualifications that make them perfect to work with moving seniors.

Senior Realtors: What Are They?

To be a senior realtor, an agent can take extra courses or get certified with additional training. The National Association of Realtors offers a Seniors Real Estate Specialist credential that agents can obtain by adding approved courses to their general training. A few states, Oklahoma included, also have the Certified Senior Housing Professional through the Senior Real Estate Institute.

SRES and CSHP agents get training to help them understand the unique needs of seniors and that training puts them in contact with other senior referral sources such as elder law attorneys, family social workers, and CPAs.

Who Do They Serve?

Senior realtors work primarily with adults that are 50 and older. This group can include newly retired seniors, working professionals at the height of their career, parents that just became empty nesters, and elderly adults that need help with their care in a nursing home.

When Do I Need To Contact a Senior Realtor?

It’s best to contact an agent when you’re ready to move, no matter where you need to move. A qualified agent can help you find your new home whether that’s in a smaller house, an assisted living facility, or even another state. Your agent should also be able to work within your budget and introduce you to tools like a reverse mortgage to help you get the most equity from your home.

There are times when an agent can help even if you’re not in the market to move. Many seniors can stay in their home if they make a few changes. Contact an SRES or CSHP agent to get a referral to professionals that can modify your home to make it work for you. Maybe you need a wheelchair ramp, or perhaps a lift bar in the bathroom would be helpful.

Your agent can also refer you to an attorney to assist with things like real estate contract reviews or estate planning. It can be hectic to try and coordinate everything, but your agent will work with your attorney to make sure everything is timed out well and save you the stress of doing it yourself.

Where Can I Find a Senior Realtor?

Besides calling realty firms in the area and asking if they have an SRES or CSHP agent, you can search online. The Senior Real Estate Institute has a CSHP directory that lists all agents in the state. You can also find links to the agent’s website.

The National Association of Realtors allows you to search for SRES agents by entering your zip code. This tool helps you find the closest agent, and if you enter 74008, you can find agents from firms like Keller Williams and Chinowth & Cohen.

Agents often have a few qualifications, so ask if they can also help with things like international moves, foreclosures, or green building.

Learn more about Tulsa Retirement Planning here:

How Much Does It Cost to Retire in Tulsa, OK?

What's the Cost of Living in Tulsa, OK?

Tulsa Financial Advisors

Tulsa Elder Law Attorneys

Tulsa Senior Movers and Downsizers

Tulsa Neighborhood Guide

Live Like a Local in Tulsa

Tulsa Demographics and Lifestyle

Find assisted living in Tulsa near you.