Are you looking for faith-based senior care in Rochester? If so, you’re in luck. The city is home to a number of Catholic health services and social support programs that provide both short-term and long-term care for elderly residents.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rochester has been assisting the disabled and elderly residents of Monroe County for more than 35 years. The organization helps families to meet the care needs of senior relatives living at home, connecting them to local community services and support programs. The Catholic Family Center of Rochester is a subsidiary of the local Catholic Charities division and is dedicated to providing vital social services to those in need, including a variety of programs for older adults living independently at home.
• Eldersource connects seniors with eldercare specialists and geriatric care managers that can help them to navigate local senior service programs.
• The Expanded In-Home Services for the Elderly Program, or EISEP, helps seniors to access subsidized housekeeping and personal care services.
• Financial and legal management services help seniors to manage their monthly bills, taxes, estates and more.
• The Kinship Integrative Network and the NYS Kinship Navigator provide information, support and service referrals for seniors who care for a child who is not their own.
• The STAR program supports aging seniors by helping them to run errands, assisting with home maintenance, providing a reliable means of transportation, and more.
Rochester families can also turn to the Catholic Family Center for substance abuse treatment, mental health services, and emergency intervention for those who face hunger or homelessness. For more information, call (585) 546-7220, email a representative, or visit the Catholic Family Center headquarters at 87 North Clinton Avenue.
The Catholic Health System (CHS) of Buffalo serves the residents of Western New York state through a network of care facilities and skilled medical professionals. Five hospitals and one urgent care center offer everything from diagnostic services to palliative care. Monroe County seniors that require skilled, full-time nursing care can receive round-the-clock medical support at a CHS nursing facility, including Father Baker Manor, the McAuley Residence, the St. Catherine Laboure Health Care Center and Mercy Nursing Facility at the OLV Senior Neighborhood.
Elderly individuals who require full-time care do not necessarily need to move into a nursing home when they can no longer live alone. CHS aides help seniors living at home to maintain their independence by assisting with daily living activities, household chores and local errands. The Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) offers long-term care options for housebound seniors with complex health concerns, coordinating medical care with home health services and on-site transportation.
CHS not only strives to assist seniors living at home, but also friends and family members that provide care. The St. Catherine Adult Day Care Program gives overworked caregivers the chance to take a break during business hours without having to worry about leaving their loved one alone. Trained staff supervise seniors at all times to ensure that they receive medical care that they need and remain happy, healthy and comfortable throughout the day.
For more information about Catholic assisted living options in Rochester, visit SeniorAdvisor.com.
Find assisted living in Rochester near you