Visited 11-28-2017 [Removed] gave me the tour. Nice facility. Community showers.

Change in care

We did not like this community for care. We did not get the feeling from the staff that this would be a community for her. They need to improve the cleanliness of the community. The menu was appealing and they had limited activities. I would not be able to recommend this community to others without major improvements.

They don't do 2 week respite care. Only 1 month which for me was too long.

They could use some improvement...

We have had a couple of issues with Brookdale so far. My loved one fell while at Brookdale and had to go to rehab. There are also other issues that have went on but they have been resolved since. Everything, for the most part, has been fine. The food has not been that great.

Good choice for loved one with stable care needs.

My mother was going to move here but decided not to. During our tour is was a good first impression. The community was clean and organized. The staff was friendly and able to answer all of our questions. I would recommend this community to families who do not expect their loved one's care needs to change. It was expensive to back out of moving in once the process had began.

I found the facility immaculate and lovely. It reminded me of the hotels at Disney! Residents seemed comfortable and at home.

Great organization!!

This place has been absolutely wonderful to my loved one. They provide him with lots of nutritious meals and he enjoys his dinning experience with the other residents. My dad has not participated much in the activity program that they offer but he does play poker with the other gentleman during the week. They run a great organization at this place and I would defiantly recommend them to a friend or family member.

It Was Not The best Experience

The overall experience was not the best for us. Twice they forgot to critical notification. That is all I will express about the community.

A Wonderful Place!

The staff is doing really well and I am very pleased with them. The meals are good and they do not overload the residents plates to where they feel overwhelmed. The only thing that I would like to change would be that they get a new director. Right now they have people that come in, but no one permanent. This community is comfortable for the residents.

Very Bad Experience

This is not a good community they are not caring for my father very well. They are very under staffed, they are not responsive when he needs some help. They made promises and did not follow through with them. He falls about three times a week and no one is ever there to help him. I will start looking into other community's, because this is not a good fit. I would not recommend this community.

Brief experience, but good overall

Our experience with Brookdale Troy was only a brief one, but overall it was positive. For the few days our loved one was here the care and services met our expectations, and the facility itself was clean and well kept.

This facility is very nice; set up in personal "pods' of 8-12 or so residents using the same dining room & common room. Mom loved the patio area with raised vegetable garden she could work in and the outdoor seating. Rooms are small but very well appointed. Nursing care set up with monthly reviews and personal attention.

I felt that they had a lot of extra charges, everything was an extra fee.

This was a lovely facility and very clean. The studio was a little on the small side. I felt that they had a lot of extra charges, everything was an extra fee. I also didn't feel that they offered more than the average place.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback. We will share your feedback with our management team.

Seemed like a very nice place

Our experience with Wynwood of Troy was only a very brief one, but I thought they seemed like a nice place overall. The facility was clean and well kept and they took good care of my loved one for the time she was there.

Overall a very nice place

Overall I think they do a very good job at Wynwood of Troy. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to offer their residents in terms of both care and amenities. The staff is friendly and professional, and for the most part do a great job looking out for the residents. However, I did have one major issue regarding some mishandled paperwork from the hospital when my loved one moved in. Once they discovered the mistake they worked to get it fixed quickly, but I would still advise families to keep a close eye on things in the beginning.

Review of Wynwood of Troy in Troy, MI

Great facility. Clean, lots of great amenities. Considering for our loved one.

Review of Wynwood of Troy in Troy, MI

Toured this community recently and definitely considering it for my loved one.

Review of Wynwood of Troy in Troy, MI

Toured this community and it was great. Definitely a good option.

Review of Wynwood of Troy in Troy, MI

This community looks like a good option, will consider!

Nice place, but expensive

I think they are doing a great job looking after my loved one here. It is a nice clean place, and they take great care of their residents. The nurse they have on staff is very communicative with families, and the aides are all very friendly and attentive. It is very expensive, but I feel they provide a good amount of service for the money.

I loved the friendliness and the interaction.

This is one of the places I toured when we were looking for a place. I loved Wynwood, I loved the friendliness and the interaction. I didn't choose them because it was a little too far and the place I chose is more all inclusive.

Care was lacking and communication was difficult

My mother was here for about 18 months and it was not good, that's why I moved her. The care was deficient, the price for the care that she was getting, there was no value to it and most of the staff didn't have a command of the english language which made communication difficult.

This is where my dad is liv...

This is where my dad is living. He just doesn't seem to be clicking with the other residents. If we move mom, we'll also move dad.

Walking into Wynwood felt v...

Walking into Wynwood felt very much like walking into a nursing home. During my tour (which lasted 20 minutes) the section nurse didn't ask a single question about my dad. Not impressed at all!

location not bad but group ...

location not bad but group home

Very nice.

Very nice.

Assisted living, non-medical

Assisted living, non-medical

Lunch and a tour were set up for noon...

Lunch and a tour were set up for noon with director. Shortly after we arrived we went upstairs to a private dining room, where she set us up with the noon meal. During lunch we had an opportunity to meet five staff members, each of whom opened themselves up to answering questions. It was easy to sense how well the staff related to one another and how much pride they felt when they talked about 'their' community. Following lunch we went to look at models of the two rooms that she was most interested in. Everything was clean and had a nice feeling to it (designated hallways have became 'neighborhoods', which included a dining room). The building floor plan allows every resident to have easy access to everything (a highlight for her). Director was an excellent guide and has promised to stay in touch, at least until she has chosen a community.

The director was wonderful! My wife l...

The director was wonderful! My wife loved this facility.

Wynwood is an assisted living residence that is purposefully designed to meet the needs of the frail elderly in a comfortable, home-like environment. Wynwood features a “neighborhood” concept, with six small neighborhoods of resident rooms clustered around dining and living rooms. Daily life enrichment programs enhance self-esteem and maximize dignity and quality of life. In this warm, intimate environment, our 24-hour staff meets each resident’s needs. Services offered at Wynwood include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected