Brookdale Madison West - Madison, WI

Wynnwood of Madison provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Wynwood of Madison we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Great place!

Brookdale Madison West has been great! They are professional delivering excellent service, but, they are also personal, and have embraced my father-in-law with care and kindness like family. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Top choice out of all my tours!!

I had visited a lot of different places for my dad and thought this was the best choice out of all them. I really liked everything they had to offer at there community and thought it was a great fit. After they told me that my dad was set to move in he just had to have an evaluation first and then he would be set, however after the test took place they informed me that they could not take him. That was a little frustrating considering they new the state he was in before the evaluation and we where set to move into this facility.

[Removed] is amazing! What a great representative of a beautiful ad welcoming community. The food and atmosphere at Brookdale West are wonderful! The staff are friendly, warm and welcoming form the phone calls, to [Removed] greeting us at the door, to the dining and care staff. This was an excellent experience and at the top of our list!

Not enough!

Me and my family took a tour of this community and we really enjoyed it. The people her are nice and very helpful. It is a good place to live in.

This community was our second choice!!

The community seemed clean and they offered a variety of activities. This community was just a little to far away for us. This is a nice community and the staff I met during the tour were friendly.

Overall experience was very positive!

The community was very adequately kept and clean throughout. The staff were very helpful and friendly with the move into the community. I had several meals with my loved one and their chef made really good food. I was a bit disappointed with checking out of the community they were reluctant with my loved one going home. I am very happy with A Place for Mom they were a great big help in our search!

Well maintained and clean!

The staff at Brookdale Madison West are very friendly and the community is a nice place.They offer a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. I would like for the staff to proactively invite the residents to participate and to offer more activities throughout the day. Our loved one has not enjoyed the food very much it lacks freshness and seasoning.

Everyone has been terrific!

The staff at Brookdale Madison West have been fantastic! The occupational therapy and the physical therapy are wonderful. Mom has made substantial physical progress. It is a very attractive facility. The community is very highly kept and well maintained. In visiting other communities this is the only place where I would actually eat the food. The food is appetizing and mom enjoys it. I would recommend to a friend 100% to take a tour and assess if this is the right community for their loved one.

We are transitioning!

The Brookdale Madison West is a nice community. The move has been okay for my loved one so far. The staff have been very friendly and kind. They seem to communicate well with the family. They could spend a little more time understanding the care needs of my loved one. The community seems to be pretty clean throughout.

My uncle is doing better since moving into Brookdale!!!

The staff greet him by name and are very pleasant. They encourage him to participate in the many activities offered. They keep the community clean and the food tastes good. I would recommend this community.

New Community

So far this community is really nice. The food is very delicious, the staff is very friendly and community is clean. Our move in day could have gone a little more smooth but overall we are happy.

Beautifully appointed and decorated public areas, wide pleasant hallways with wonderful artwork of areas in Madison. Onsight physical/occupational therapy + activity director. Base price for rooms is competitive, but will need to do a more detailed assessment based on level of care needed.

Mom and Dad LOVE their new Brookdale home

My parents were overwhelmed with an overfilled house that was filled with maintenance challenges. Both have early dementia. Now, they are happily settled in their new Brookdale apartment and LOVING it! Staff were so amazing, moving them in with less than one week notice from the time we had to revoke my parents' driving privileges. Within less than one week, our family has gone from crisis to gratitude. My parents live just minutes from my family. And, best of all -- their beloved cats are with them and happily settled in their sun-bathed apartment! Meals are fantastic. The activities out of the building could be increased, but as this gracious new community grows, we are confident that more outings will be added. Staff are so flexible about decorating the apartments, encouraging and helping residents to decorate and personalize their homes. We LOVE it!

above and beyond

The staff members at Brookdale Madison West have gone above and beyond and have really treated my mother in law very well, like one of their own. I have nothing negative at all to say about the place. They have been very good and I would highly recommend them.

well we did not go there it was a great place for someone in that area even tho we went with another place closer to my house so mom would feel better that would have been my next option i do rate the facility a 5 star rating it was clean in viewing and staff was very very nice to me and my famliy when we went to visit

So far things are going well for my m...

So far things are going well for my mom. The staff is very friendly and are very good and persistent that she participates in the activities offered. She is well fed and says the food is good.

Great place!

We've had a great experience with Wynwood of Madison! Our loved one is very happy here! We thought she'd need longer to adjust, but from the day she walked in they've gone out of their way to help her settle in, introduce her to other residents, and just take an interest in her well being. She's improved both physically and mentally since moving in, and we haven't seen her so happy in a long time. She also loves the food!
The facility itself is comfortable, homey, and for the price has very good sized rooms.

Nice place!

I've heard nothing but good things from my loved one! She often mentions how friendly everyone is, how much she likes the facility itself, and how helpful and caring the staff are. She's also mentioned how consistently good the food is!

The staff was very friendly...

The staff was very friendly. The rooms were very clean. The director has been there over 10 years. It seems like a nice place that prides itself on being a bit smaller so it can offer more personalized care.

Our cousin's new home

Moving a family member to an assisted living when they are unable to make the decision themselves is difficult. Wynwood took all the guess work out of the search, offering affordable living, arranged the personal assessment at the rehab center and made the transition a very successful one. Our family member is very pleased with his new living space, meals, activities, and staff.

Liked facility, staff and a...

Liked facility, staff and amenities.

Perfect, and Lizzie is a tr...

Perfect, and Lizzie is a treat to work with.

Not For Us

I couldn't relate to it. It looked cluttered. It didn't look like the housekeeping was good. It just didn't appeal to me. It's centrally located. My feeling about it was there there is no scenery. It's in a lot of other buildings. It's close to shopping. That's about the only convenience but my husband doesn't shop so that didn't matter for us. I have talked to people who live there and they like it.

Good option for our respite...

Good option for our respite care need. But we are trying some increased in-home services to see how that works for Mom rather than respite first due to not wanting to upset Mom just now with moves.

This facility was very nice, how ever...

This facility was very nice, how ever is not equipped for memory care patients.

Pros: Lovely facility, lots of ac...

Pros: Lovely facility, lots of activity Cons: Small "suite"/room available.