Vista Village Senior Living - Vista, CA

A very quaint, homey feeling. I like the "transitional" care option for residents that are in between independent living and memory care. I only wished there was a larger outdoor area, walking path, or garden, as that is something my mom enjoys. Also the individual patios on the units are inaccessible for safety reasons, but this would be a source of frustration for my mom. She would want to go on the patio every day.

Very Good

My mom's visit was very good. Her room was clean and welcoming. The staff made a few little changes for her that she needed, and did it right away. They kept it nice and did her laundry, too. In particular, they accommodated her need for a healthy snack in the middle of the night and made sure there was a piece of fruit in her room before she went to bed. She liked the food. The dining room was clean and the servers were pleasant. The staff introduced her to some other residents so she had someone to talk to during meals and also people to visit with in the hallway. She made friends. They kept her busy with activities, including an exercise program she really needed considering she had just finished healing from some bruised ribs after a fall. The mom I picked up at the end of the week was happy and spoke well of the experience for a number of days. I have no concerns or complaints and I would happily put her in respite care there again. The staff was helpful and pleasant with me, too. We all had to work very hard to get all the paperwork done quickly and everyone pitched in. I was grateful they helped me with that as I needed to go out of town and it took a while to find a place that would do respite care for only 7 days.

Helpful People

I had a tour and saw nothing wrong with the community. They were 100% professional and gave a good tour. They had good follow up and feedback. They kept in touch regularly afterwards. I was happy with them and they were helpful.

Great communication

My mother is adjusting well at Vista Village Senior living. I like that they get back to me when I ask them to. We chose Vista Village because it was highly rated and suggested to us. It's also conveniently located and close to home.

Dark run down community!!

I was not impressed with my tour of this community at all. The staff seemed like they did not want to be there and did not fit the job of working for the elderly. The floor plan was not my favorite and the room they showed us was completely trashed. The overall facility was run down and very dark and gloomy. The outside was just concrete around the entire building as well. Overall this is just not a place I would want my mother to be living in.

We were impressed with [Removed] as well as the facilities. I feel they will be caring and compassionate during Uncle [Removed] stay.

Good facility

Vista Village is a good facility and my Mom is pretty happy there. I feel she is safe and cared for. I would recommend. Thanks to A Place for Mom.

A family environment.

They have a five star chef and the food is great. They offer a lot of daily activities. The community is clean. They are a little expensive, however they are worth it. The staff are hands on and they make sure the family is involved. We could not have picked a better place.

Vista Village Senior Living gets my recommendation!!

They are going through some remodeling, however they do still keep the community clean. They offer daily activities and they pass out a sheet everyday letting the residents know what the activities of the day are. The food looks good and my father in law seems to like it. The staff are nice, patient and helpful.

Comfort For My Loved One!!

I received great customer service during my tour of Vista Village Senior Living. One of the amenities they had was that they are pet friendly. They had different healthy meals. The community tries to accommodate everyone so that their needs are met. I really liked that everything was also very clean and up-kept.

Very Satisfied With This Community

My uncle is doing amazing here at this facility. My husband and I travel a lot, and we know he is safe and in good hands. The community is like a hotel, everything is very nice and clean. I absolutely love the staff, they are caring for him very well. They do offer wonderful activities like beach trips. I'am very impressed with the food, they do serve well balanced meals. The dining area is like a restaurant. I know he is receiving great care and I would recommend it.

Very home-like

For us, Vista Village Senior Living was a good fit. We like the homey-ness of the place. The food is okay. They do quite a few activities, they try to keep the residents busy. We have no problem there.

It’s very homey

It’s very homey and it doesn’t - the other ones I went to felt more like a nursing home or a hospital – this feels more like a home. My loved one really likes the food. He has adjusted so well. Sometimes parking is an issue because there are paramedics there quite a bit.

So very glad that I found Vista Village

My mother has now been at Vista Village for 12 months, Anyone reading this would know this is the most stressful time in a person's life. Finding peace of mind in a place to send a parent, along with the financial stress of being able to afford it almost pushed me to the end. I live in Carlsbad and looked at every place within 10 miles, and I do mean every place!!!I O toured ever place in North County over a 4 month period. It was a very tasking job but one that I had to do.
Vista Village by far provided the best services at the best price. I visit my mother who has advanced Alzheimer's 5 days a week. I show up at all hours of the day and night. I have found their staff and care of my mother to be second to none. I have never felt like a number and always feel like everyone there really cares for her in a very personal deep way. The care they show sometimes almost leaves me in tears. Andre is the supervisor of the memory care unit and I challenge you to find anyone more devoted and caring for your parent than Andre. His devotion goes well beyond what any job would ever require.
The Director in charge of Vista Village Charlie, probably knows more about this disease than any PHD or Dr you could ever meet. I recently referred a dear friend of mine to Vista Village for his mother and he came back saying " that Charlie is smarter than Einstein when it comes to his knowledge regarding care for seniors" I strongly encourage anyone considering Vista Village to ask to spend 5 minutes with Charlie and your search will be over forever.
I can only give Vista Village the highest praise for the care, consideration and concern. I once again sleep at night knowing that my mother lives in the best possible condition. I am thankful every day I visit, that I found Vista Village and have entrusted them with the care of my most precious mother. You will find every single member of their staff will always go the extra yard to provide care above and beyond expectations. Special Praise to Ruby and Merrisa over in memory care for their outstanding treatment of my mother . There is simply not enough space on here to praise all the people at Vista Village and the care they provide 365 days a year without fail or excuse.
I thank Vista Village from the bottom of my heart for all they do on a daily basis to allow me to sleep again at night

Barbara Rollins

Thank you, Kurt! It is a privelege to have your mom with us. Your kind words mean so much to all of us here. We have recently received awards for California's "Outstanding Caregiver of the Year” Daniel Perez, and "Outstanding Executive Director" Charles Bloom, as awarded by CALA, but reading your heartfelt comments means so much, thank YOU.

I wouldn't put my dog there.

I wouldn't put my dog there. The whole thing needs to be cleaned and freshened up. I am trying to separate the style of it, it is vry elderly looking and very dated. The wallpaper is peeling off, the carpet is worn. It needs to be cleaned. I was just very disappointed and sad to think that existed.

Barbara Rollins

We are sorry you feel that way. We aren't the newest building in the area, but most families choose us because of our outstanding activities program, and our homey and friendly feeling. We have recently installed new carpet on our entire first floor, perhaps you can re-visit us soon.

Second Choice

The apartment that they showed us was less money because it faced the freeway which was fine because my dad has a hearing problem. We didn't go with them because he would have shared a balcony with a woman and my dad has boudary issues. Everything else, I liked about it except for the kitchenette. The refridgerator was much smaller than the one he has now. It was between this and another place.

Old, dated and smelled odd....

Old, dated and smelled odd. No walk-in shower. Only 1 bedroom units. Very old residents.

Barbara Rollins

Please come see our recent upgrades of paint and carpet!!! Also, we have several sizes of apartments here, including three different studio sizes.

Very nice place, but too cl...

Very nice place, but too close to where my Dad's living now. I think there may be a high risk of his trying to walk back to his home.

good location, not enough med services.

good location, not enough med services.

Beautiful place and was very welcoming.

Beautiful place and was very welcoming.

Thank you for your interest in Vista Village. It gives us great pleasure to introduce you to our community. Vista Village has been a staple of Vista for over 30 years. We are an ideal solution for those folks that want a smaller, more intimate setting, where everyone knows everyone, and it feels like family.
The enjoyment of dining with friends is a significant part of life. Our Culinary Director, Susan Nygaard is a marvelous chef, with over 30 years experience and graduated with honors from Le Cordon Bleu Academy in Paris. She takes pride in preparing meals to keep our residents healthy and happy! Three times a day just sit back relax and enjoy delicious fresh food in our restaurant style dining room.
Vista Village offers a wide range of activities to meet ones needs. Whether it is a leisurely stroll, live music, crafts, card playing, or gardening, our energetic activities extraordinaire, Debbie, will make it happen. In addition, one may enjoy an outing to Harrah’s Casino, Wal-Mart, Oceanside Harbor or just a scenic drive down the coast at sunset. At Vista Village there is always a variety of activities happening from which one can choose.
Our Transitions Memory Care program is specifically designed for the early stages of memory loss and to help you and your loved one transition through memory loss. It offers integration into Assisted Living dining and activities while providing that extra supervision and a semi-secured environment. Come and discover Transitions, the alternative approach to memory care!
Our Generations Memory Care program is designed to serve those with memory loss. In this specially designed structure, activities are provided seven days a week by a caring, qualified staff. There is a tranquil interior courtyard with walkways and patios for our residents to enjoy.
As the old American proverb goes “Seeing is believing, but also know that believing is seeing.” We invite you to call and schedule a time to join us for lunch and a visit to our community to see for yourself.