Villa Ventura - Kansas City, MO

• Free Assessment
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Resident Activites
  • Female & Male Residents
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Housekeeping provided
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Laundry services
  • Attend church/worship services
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living

I really liked this place. It is in the running for me, but maybe the drawback for mom is community laundry.

Review of Villa Ventura

Representative by staff on senior at villa ventura. Staff very professional. Healthy snacks, delicious and appropriate. If I was ready to go into independent living, I would want to know more.

I visited Villa Ventura for an "Aging Well" seminar. They showed a group of us many benefits of living there without making a sales presentation. Meeting 9 staff members they all seemed happy with their jobs and their clients. I enjoyed the "laugh yoga" and the "gold zumba" activities.

Not very social

While looking into various options for my mother we toured this property. The people there are lovely. They had a buffet type lunch, but I would think that it might be difficult for seniors getting their own plates and stuff. However, the food was good and the staffs are great. What we didn’t like so much is how the other residents’ behavior. They seemed to be always starring, never talking, and never waving. They didn’t really tell us if they themselves liked living there. What my mother and I look for is for more socialization between the people living there.

Senior Star

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed the food and staff in our dining room. Our buffet lunches are only served two days per week and our servers are always available to take orders or assist with residents at the buffet. Our hope is that the buffet allows those who enjoy this style of dining to have the option. We are firm believers in socialization at Villa Ventura. Our program director keeps a full calendar of events for each level of care. Many residents have found friendship and comradery through these activities and dining together. To the extent that you did not experience that, we’d welcome you and your mother to join us for an upcoming activity of your choice.

I recently visited Villa Ventura and was very impressed with the staff, food and atmosphere. Would recommend them to anyone!!!

Glowing Review

What a fabulous group to work with! I have been very pleased with the care my loved one has received. He is happy, clean, cared for and stimulated with relevant activities and outings. The food is always a topic with him as well. He and my father in law eat there a lot and there is NEVER ever a complaint! I hear about that constantly!

Thank you Villa Ventura family for taking such great care of my loved one and my father in law that is really just a visitor but eats your food too. :)

The service is excellent and I love the activities.

Special events at Villa Ventura

We have toured, as well as visited Villa Ventura on numerous occasions, usually for special events. We have always been warmly welcomed, experienced a well organized and enoyable activity with festive decorations and delicious party themed food! The residents we have visited with at these events express pleasure with their living environment and seem to have fun at the events as well as with all the employees!

Friendly and caring

My mother has lived at Villa Ventura for almost two years. I can't say enough about how caring and friendly the staff is. The fare in the dining room is very good and has a lot of variation. Activities, including performers, bingo and happy hour, keep her engaged with other residents. It feels like a real home when I arrive in the evening and find some residents playing cards, others in the pub watching a game and another playing the piano.

Exceptional Visit

I scheduled a tour with [Removed]. Upon arrival, she was waiting to greet me at the front and had even set up a nice welcome message set up for me. She gave me a detailed tour of the community and answered any questions I had. She introduced me to several staff, including the Executive Director. All of the staff was friendly and polite. The community looked very clean and beautiful. The residents were engaged in several different activities and everyone appeared to be in a great mood. Julie offered me a refreshment on the tour which was wonderful. She gave me an information packet and discussed the different services their community offers. [Removed] really went above and beyond to make sure I had a wonderful experience visiting Villa Ventura. Great job!

Great place!

The staff here are so kind and so helpful. There are lots of different activities to engage in and lots of ways for the community to come together. The upkeep around the place is also excellent. They are constantly refreshing carpets, paint, exterior landscaping etc. We are very happy to have our dad living there.

Great Satisfaction

My father has lived there for 17 months. We could not be happier with the staff, food, friendliness, activities, and overall care for the residents. We are so happy to have chosen Villa Ventura Senior Star for my father to live.

[Removed]

Excellent place to live!

I have been a resident at Villa Ventura for three and a half years. When I moved into VV, I was warmly welcomed by the entire staff. I was made to feel like I was at home. I have been well cared for and all of my special needs have been attended to.
I was appointed an Ambassador for VV. An ambassador is a person who is willing to donate his/her time and talents to make VV a better living space for all residents. I welcome new residents, conduct tours of the facility. As a resident, I have been able to pursue my Lego model hobby and have been given an apartment to display my models.
I have also been given time to present slide travelogues to the residents of my travels in the United States and abroad.
The amenities provided by VV include daily meals, 3 days of transportation services, in-house activities, outside of VV activities, apartment cleaning, and extensive personal care and assistance as needed.
A great place to live!!

A fabulous place. Well maintained clean beautiful. Great staff very helpful and nice. I would recommend it to anyone.

The staff are all so friendly and helpful. I received 5 star service. The property is well maintained and beautiful. The dining experience is like being on a cruise ship, superb!

I visited there on [Removed].

During my visit I enjoyed a presentation by party who showed exotic birds and shared with us many interesting information about the birds and their habitat.

Excellent Experience

Everyone at Villa are very sweet and kind and they are very helpful.

A tour for care.

We toured this community and this was a large community then what we needed. The staff was nice, but we did not want a big. They did offer lunch. the community was clean and I would recommend other families to tour this community for the care of a family member.

Loved Ones are Well

This is a wonderful community, and loved ones are doing well with their move here. They have a lovely staff. I'am comfortable with their move to this community.
Everything is working out very well, and this is a community I would recommend.

I like this community for the care that my mother is getting. The staff are very helpful and caring. The community is clean and well taken care of. She seems to be pleased with the menu. I like that she is nearby so that I am able to be closer to her. We would recommend other families to this community for the care and the value.

Villa Ventura is a great place to meet new friends

I have really enjoyed living here. The people here are very friendly, and go out of their way to help you. The food is very good and healthy. They check on you to make sure you are OK, and the common areas are clean and enjoyable.

Staffing Needs Improvement!!

The community is kept clean and well maintained. They have a mixture of activities for the residents. The staff up until this point has been lacking in some areas however the Senior Star at Villa Ventura is currently going through staffing changes that will surely improve my mother's stay at this complex.

Senior Star

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your mother’s stay at Villa Ventura. We are very excited about the new leadership within our team and glad you notice the changes impacting your mom’s home at Senior Star. We want all of our residents and families to feel at home in our communities. As we look to improve our community for residents, your feedback is important to us. Please know we will take corresponding action and our team is always available to discuss any areas of opportunity that you observe.

Helpful Staff

My loved one really enjoyed her stay at this community. The staff where all very patient and made sure she was well taken care of. The nursing care team had great organization and helped me with a lot of her appointments. I have no complaints about this facility and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Senior Star

Thank you very much for taking the time to share about your loved one’s experience at Villa Ventura! We are always looking for ways to enhance residents’ experience, and creating a sense of feeling at home is of utmost importance to us, so we are so grateful to hear your feedback!

Grandmother's Care

This is a great community for my grandmother. The staff here really does look out for the best interest of the patients at all times They offer good nourishment and my grandmother enjoys the dining room to enjoy her meals. The community goes out of there way to be helpful to others. Excellent list of activities that are offered to those who would like to participate. The staff listens to the needs of what I am asking for when my grandmother needs something. Atmosphere is great here. We do recommend a place for mom when seeking assistance for good care for family members needing help with good care.

It Is A Caring Place

I believe my mom is getting good care and she is safe within her community. The staff have been nice and patient with my mom. The food is tasty and keeps my mom full. There are activities available here.

I Like This Place

I am happy and glad that I am living at this community. I get to leave when I want and do what I want. I get two meal daily and I find the food tasty and portion just right. I am pleased with my weekly room cleaning and they even fix my bed. I like the staff because they know your name, down the the servers. The residents are all happy and I get a warm feeling through out the community. I would recommend them.

Very professional staff

I have been most impressed by the attitude of the staff. They are friendly, helpful, and genuinely show interest in the residents. The facility is well maintained.

i really loved the atmosphere, staff seems always engages with residents along my tour, many areas for active residents to be involved, has aread families hold gatherings with their elder family resident. Looking closely at this property.

They are great.

They are great. They are a lot more helpful than people might think. No major complaints at all. I haven't encountered anyone who is negative. They really do offer a lot more, especially for an independent person borderline, residential care than most places. They were even less expensive, than a lot of places.

Is a wonderful place, doing great job

5+! Villa Ventura is a wonderful place. They are excellent and doing great with my father. He ultimately decided on this place because the facility seems prepared for the residents, he loves the community. They go overboard and bend over backwards to help my father very helpful they don't treat my father likes its their job but more like family.

It has been great

My experience at the Villa Ventura has been great. Everything has been going well. I rate the Villa Ventura 5 stars across the board.

Very nice place!

My sister visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one, and she really loved the place! She said it was clean and well kept, and everyone seemed friendly. They would get top marks across the board!

They are doing great.

They are doing great. I don't really have any concerns. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. There are times that mom isn't happy with the food, but it looks fine to me, I don't think it has anything to do with the quality.

Review of Villa Ventura Assisted Living in Kansas City, MO

I arrived at Villa Ventura at 3:00 and as I was walking in the parking loot a lady in scrubs walked up to me and asked if I was Janey Hauber. I said yes, how did she know that? She asked if she pronounced it right and I said yes. She introduced herself and said she was the head of the laundry and did the sheets and towels and if I needed anything call her. She was so friendly. At the desk she told the receptionist to call Sarah Boston the new Community Relations Director, who was already hurrying over to us. Sarah and I had hit it off on the phone when I had set op the appointment and we had talked about my cat who was an Abyssinian and she had run off a 10 page article on Abyssinians! I couldn't believe it! We visited and talked for a while and the staff kept coming in and introduced themselves and what they did and everyone was so friendly. I asked her if there was a deposit and she said there was a $1600 deposit, but it was held for medical emergencies such as the nursing home floor and Physical Therapy floor when someone came back from a hospitalization as Medicare and Medicaid only pay so much and for so long. Finally she got a wheelchair and we began the tour. There were residents everywhere and they all asked if I had moved in, or did I play Bridge or some other game or when was I moving in? Almost every place we went was full of resident's because they have 3 shifts for meals and we were touring between dinner shifts. The rooms are small but doable. I will still have to liquidate a lot if I should choose them. The one I would choose is $2800 a month and you pay for your cable, internet and land line phone. You park in the lot, but they have valet parking and they will scrape your car & warm it up, and they have buses that will take you to appointments. We went to the Dining room as Sarah talked me into staying for a Fried Chicken dinner and as we came in I heard someone call my name and it was this man who has done some cleaning for me. When I got out of the hospital last winter I knew I was going to need my patio and the apartment furniture and brick walls and patio doors cleaned and John did it and only charged me $20. He's such a nice man and hard worker and he works at Villa Ventura, cleans the offices at Willow Creek, takes care of his parents, he is just a jewel. I told him when I do move I will have him over to clean my whole apartment before I turn in my keys. When I was leaving Sarah gave me a present 'for my spa' with a net scrubee, bubble bath & body butter! So far this is #1, but my VERY first choice is Armour Oaks.

Review of Villa Ventura Assisted Living in Kansas City, MO

Good care, bad food and expensive.

Review of Villa Ventura Assisted Living in Kansas City, MO

The staff was very friendly & welcoming. The interior & exterior were very nice. I was hoping a Studio Plus would be open but the Studio was more spacious than I expected. The Chef is from New York & gave me warm cookies, which was a nice touch. Also, liked how the staff new all the residents. It did seem like you had to walk a ways to get to an elevator. There is no pool but may not matter to my mom. Provided 2 meals per day was hoping for 3.

Toured this beautiful residence, Staff was awesome!

We visited this community looking for my mother-in-law. This was a fantastic community. The staff went out of the way for us and enjoyed the touring experience. The place was very clean. My parents currently don't need services, but when they do it'll be a wonderful choice.

Beautiful facility througho...

Beautiful facility throughout. Staff was WONDERFUL! Balcony on all units, next to woods. Lots of activities on/off site. No pool, on MO side, need to still play MO taxes & KC tax.

A Place for Dad

We toured this facility on a Saturday, and moved in on the following Saturday. We found the staff to be outstanding and exceeded our expectations. We found the residents to be friendly and outgoing interacting with each other. I asked several of them how long they've lived there, if they enjoyed living there, every one of them had a positive response so we felt we no longer needed to keep searching. The staff from all the departments went out of their way to introduce themselves and were very welcoming. Come to find out, my Father already knew some of the residents. Facility is in a very nice area and very well kept both inside and out.

Nice place

We toured this location when we were looking into options for a loved one. It was a nice looking place, and the staff were very friendly. They really went out of their way to make sure that we were taken care of and that any questions we had got answered. I felt like the decor was a little dated, and it seemed a bit dark inside, however.

This facility is very nice,...

This facility is very nice, and the staff is great! It is clean and well-maintained. The deluxe studio assisted living apartment I saw was very nice, but the bathrooms are a little small for wheelchairs. The common areas are beautiful, and the staff seemed very friendly. A very good place- they even gave me a box of fresh baked cookies!

Thank you for making this a littler easier....

I'm very glad we found Villa Ventura which seems to be a perfect fit. You really made this a much easier transition and I highly recommend Villa Ventura. The people are so smiley! :)

Expensive Rooms

I was impressed with Villa Ventura until I saw something else. What I don't like about it is everything is downstairs. For people that live maybe up on the second or third floor that was long trek to get to the dining or activities. Their rent was higher too. Even their studio was more than what I'm paying for a one bedroom at another place.

We Are Extremely Happy With Villa Ventura!

We are extremely happy with them! My mother is very happy there. We like everything about it. We like the attentiveness and friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the place, and my mother is happy with the dining facility. They've just been really accommodating to her as we were moving in. She didn't want to go and didn't think that she was going to like it but she's admitted that she does like it and she's happy there. that's the main thing. There are activities. She has trouble getting around so she's gone to a couple of the but so far it's just been bingo and trivia and some exercises. Out of all the ones we saw, Villa Ventura was definitely at the top of our list. We were lucky that they were able to accommodate us.

Welcome to Senior Star Living at Villa Ventura! Villa Ventura is an independent and assisted living community that looks like a grand, inviting home at first glance. The feeling continues inside, where our residents and friendly staff treat and care for each other like family. Drop by for a visit and you’ll see friends enjoying our exercise room, general store, pub, ice cream parlor, billiards and crafts rooms, movie library, computer center and more. Be sure to see our beautiful chapel and scenic walking trail, too. Villa Ventura offers an Assisted Living Center and Assisted Living apartments in addition to our spacious Independent Living apartments, so you can customize your living experience to meet your needs.

Our individual residences are attractive and bright – waiting for you to add your personal touches with your own cherished belongings. Villa Ventura’s community living areas and dining rooms welcome you to share stories and make new friends. And because everything is meticulously maintained – with housekeeping and linen service provided, you never have to worry about repairs, cleaning or yard work. Resident’s families appreciate the peace of mind they gain by knowing that their loved ones live in a community that supports independence, encourages socialization and wellness and helps their loved one experience a fulfilling lifestyle.