Villa Bonita Senior Living - Chula Vista, CA

This is a wonderful community. Both of the staff members with whom I interacted were knowledgeable and responsive. It was larger than I would have liked (longer walks for residents to the main areas), but overall a pretty, welcoming, and well run facility.

I toured this community

It was a nice tour. It was a nice community and my uncle liked the other place better. So we didn't pick this one.

Together Again - Assisted Living for Him and Memory Care for Her

I contacted "A Place for Mom" with little hope for help - thinking that they were focused on assisting 'moms'. I was looking for an assisted living situation for my brother-in-law and memory care for his wife. They were currently living apart - he in a one bedroom apartment and she in a memory care resident. [Removed] not only connected me with Villa Bonita, but a very-much-needed VA service for him.

Villa Bonita contacted me the same day. [Removed] was accommoding, professional, pleasant, kind and helpful. Villa Bonita is not 'upscale'; but they provide everything you could hope for at an affordable rate. It's updated and clean. The environment is cheerful and up-beat. They worked with us as a team to get him in within a week and his wife shortly after.

My brother-in-law is gaining weight, now enjoying 3 delicious meals a day. They're supportive with every detail and with a smile.

My husband and I are so grateful for 'A Place for Mom' and Villa Bonita! I highly recommend both.

[Removed]

The Meals Must Be Great

My mom is doing fine and everyone has been helpful since she moved in. The experience gets better and better each day. She is enjoying her meals and even gaining some weight. She has not said anything bad about the meals.

No Shots

We toured the Villa Bonita Senior Living. It was a nice and clean community. They gave a nice presentation and the staff was very friendly. They could not give shots to residents that are insulin dependent, so we had to choose another community that could meet our care needs.

Pricey, but very nice!

We have very few complaints about this facility! It is very well maintained, and the staff are sure to be friendly and polite, and to cater to my loved one's needs. Our primary concern, however, is the fact that we are currently paying much more than we had originally agreed upon. Despite this one complaint, this is a nice place!

A great your!

When we toured Villa Bonita Senior Living, we thought it was a very nice place. It would have been perfect for my loved one, but it was just too far. If it wasn't for the distance, it would have been one of our top choices! The person there was friendly and informative, they took their time with us.

Mom liked staff but could not wait to go home

The staff was very friendly. Art activities could be been much better. Current events was not very current

I Saw A Lovely Community

My tour was very nice and they were a good option for care but they were just pricier. The representative was on time for our meeting and had experience with the community to answer my questions.

wasn't wowed by this facility; there was an odor in the facility I believe due to lack of air flow; felt enclosed; had a beautiful courtyard for residents that do not need constant direction to go to on their own; those needing assistance only have access with caregiver; not on the top of my list.

Very beautiful facilities and nice people, but the price for the least expensive studio room had increased $200 in the past six months and medication management is very expensive (close to $500 per month for ten medication). These two cost factors lowered the attractiveness of this facility.

Worth taking a look at.

This seemed like a nice community when we visited. This is an older larger community. The staff were nice and this community was comparable to the community we chose and it made for a tough decision.

A tour with care

We enjoyed the tour from the friendly and caring staff. They were able to answer are questions of the care and what is offered.This is a very clean community to enjoy. The room was bigger then we wanted. The menu seemded appealing. Alot of nice activities are available to those who want to participate. We would suggested that families see the wonderful care given here for themselves.

unable to keep both parents together
was looking at respite care also.

Amazing place for assisted living!

From the moment I drove into the parking lot, I felt that the Villa was where I hoped my parents could afford to live! Once inside, I noticed that it was bright, clean and very welcoming. Then I met Jeremy, director of sales and marketing, and felt very comfortable. He provided us with great information, and gave a wonderful tour. After the tour, because I felt like that is where I would move into when it was time for assisted living, I was extremely excited that my parents would have their home their. My mom would get very loving attention in memory care, and my dad could enjoy meeting new people and joining in on all of the activities provided in the community. I highly recommend Villa Bonita Senior Living to everyone in need of assisted living.

Best Of The Best!!

My mother in law has assisted in a tea party of the community. They offer various activities for the residents. So far i have heard good things about the meals there are no complaints. We feel that the most important thing is that she is safe here and surrounded by nice caring staff. The housekeeping is good her room has been maintained up-kept.

Fabulous place for those still able to live somewhat independently, beware of the fees, they can nickle and dime you to death on these, depending on the senior's needs. Fees ultimately took this one out of our price range.

Best there is!!

The community is very clean! The staff is very easy to talk to and they answer all of my questions. At meals they give me a few healthy options to choose from and the food is good. They do offer many activities but with my bad back I haven't begun to participate.

We are pretty happy with it so far.

We are pretty happy with it so far. It meets our needs. We have had a couple of administrative tweaks, but that is to be expected, getting cable set up, and a couple of clerical errors. People seem to be pretty friendly, both the staff and the residents. One of the main reasons I chose them was because they were very down to earth, friendly, and not pushy. There was never any pressure. They knew what to do to get everything set up, so I needed to not worry. Their prices were very competitive too.

Taking Good Care Of Mom

Things are going okay since my mother move into the community. I feel the place is pretty clean and well kept. There are some issues with the bathroom floor being sticky and a hallway with a foul smell, but other then that it is a pretty clean facility. The staff is great and helpful and kind to my mother. She has partaken in some activities and made some new friends with the other residents and that is nice to see. I've been for dinner and lunch and the meals are good. I would recommend for anyone to check this place out because I do feel they are taking good care of my mother.

Review of Villa Bonita Senior Living - Chula Vista, CA

I was very impressed with Villa Bonita. Everyone was professional and courteous and knowledgeable. I would be very satisfied if my mother decided to live there.

Super happy with Villa Bonita

Moving my Grandmother into Villa Bonita was such a great decision. The staff have all been completely helpful and accommodating and my Grandmother really likes the food. She participates in the daily activities and even made some friends that she really cares for. I'd recommend.

Good fit for my nana

Moving in can be a little confusing, you have to cordinate with several different people but everyone is very very nice and my grandmother after two weeks is very very happy. it was a really good move for her she enjoys the afternoon activities and thinks that she eats too much which makes us happy. The courtyard garden is her favorite place in the afternoon and it's very safe

We were most impressed by Ms. Frazier and the facility she runs. It was clean, homey and comfortable. She answered our questions. It is definitely on our list of possible places.

Individual Care Is Needed

I think personally the residents need to be more individualized as far as their needs, instead of just lumped together as a whole. Also I think that there could be more staff interaction with the residents.

My mother is very happy

The events that my mother has attended have made her happy.n the staff is especially caring. One of the staff members plays guitar. There is a new chef that walks around to ask guests how they like what they are served. He will make special requests.

Mom's new residence

My Mother moved from an assisted living large community in Hawaii to Villa Bonita and we feel it is the perfect fit. The staff is so helpful, caring and personable. My mother loves the food and is so happy with her apartment. Thanks to Pam for all her help in making Mom's transition so easy for our family.

staff was great

At Villa Bonita Senior Living the staff was great with getting dad in and situated. They were really accommodating and great to work with. I am really pleased with everything here.

mother loves it

The marketing person I dealt with at Villa Bonita Senior living was great. I also was impressed by the activities director. I have eaten at Villa Bonita on several occasions and the food is excellent. My mother loves it here, which is the most important part to me.

very friendly food is good , medical service is good. activities are very good, nice outdoor garden!

Nice place

Overall I think they do a good job at Villa Bonita. The place is well kept and clean, and the staff all seem friendly. They take good care of the people who live here.

Review of Villa Bonita Senior Living Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Chula Vista, CA

I visited this facility and was not happy with the interview due to not being sure if only dad would need thier services or both of my parents. Both of my parents in the same room was not an option.

Nice place. One bedroom pl...

Nice place. One bedroom plan a little smaller than Oakdale of La Mesa, but they have some available. A place I will take my patents to see.

Dishonesty, lies. lies by omission and theft abound at Villa Bonita.

After my initial viewing of Villa Bonita and a couple other assisted living type of homes in the immediate erea I brought my mom down a couple of weeks later to get a feel for herself. My mother is blind and needed to be closer to me so that I may help her with mail, documents and so forth. When I first arrived at Villa Bonita I explained to the young marketing person my mother's needs. Including a very bright room, transportation and transportation to go shopping weekly. I was assured that all of these things would be provided for her. As it turns out the transportation for doctors appointments are on Tuesday and Thursday and must be within a 15 mile radius only. That doesn't work. Worse yet for the shopping trip you must be on a list and as it stands mu mom is about four months down because they use one car that seats seven people. My mother was told that only that the Executives carry keys that could open any room but that was false. Someone got into her room and stole her beautiful pearl necklace.
As you can see there have been numerous lies lies and lies by omission.

Jennifer, who gave us the t...

Jennifer, who gave us the tour was very helpful and thorough. The rooms are nice, and it may be something to consider.

Very friendly

They’re very friendly, very serviceable, and my loved one was very happy. It improved my loved one’s health. The food was a fourth. The garden areas were beautiful. There was plenty of parking. They could have used more activities.

Highly Recommend

Our family has been extremely happy with the care our Dad has received at Villa Bonita Senior Living. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Most importantly our Dad's health has improved since he moved in. He is happy and participating in activities we wouldn't have guessed he would. We have had extenuating circumstances and Villa Bonita rose to the challenge. We highly recommend Villa Bonita.

Assistant Marketing Directo...

Assistant Marketing Director Athena Blackwood really did a fine job in determining our needs and showing us the rooms that would work.

I’m satisfied with the care services.

I’m satisfied with the care services. It’s very clean. I guess it goes back to the value rating – in the whole San Diego county area it’s one of the best values for someone who needs assisted living. The food is okay, some it could be better. I haven’t had any issues with parking or the laundry services.

Was an average property

Didn't like the configuration of the place, because it didn't have actual doors on the bedrooms. Property over all was nice, wasn't too bad, and you could walk around. Cost was too much, my mom can only afford so much. Cost was $3500, but with medication management it would've gone up to $4,000.

Disappointing Experience

We were disappointed in the way we were rushed through our tour. It felt as though they didn't want us to take too close a look at the facility. I would not recommend Villa Bonita to others.

We LOVE Villa Bonita!

We love it! They did an assessment free of charge. Between my mom's physician report and their assessment they determined that she should be in the memory center. It's a lock down facility with very limited social interaction. The other people had advanced Alzheimer's and were uncommunicative. It was very stressful because my mother's dementia only affects part of her life. Otherwise she is very cognizant of everything. We petitioned the director to have her reassessed within a week. He personally took charge of her case and said as long as we feel she's not a danger to herself or other he would do everything in his power to get her into the general population. In 3 weeks she was moved to the best room in the whole facility. It's closes to where she's around other caregivers, right down the hall from the lobby, community room, and dining room. They do everything in their power to make her feel comfortable and the price went down 60%! Nobody does that!

They provide transportation to doctor's appts but if you need to be wait for you or something, that would be an added cost. When I was out of town for a month they have sent someone in with her at all 6 PT appts to sit and wait for her and never charged me a cent! They treat my mother like family. They don't have all the bells and whistles that some other places have but my mom doesn't need all that. They are family oriented. You never see the director in his office. He's always out and about. He's totally accessible. We had a billing problem with the insurance company. He called the insurance company himself and he found out what the problem was which wasn't even on his end. He went the extra 20 miles to contact the insurance company instead of just saying the problem wasn't on their end. They are absolutely amazing so we are just thrilled to death.

Pretty Good Overall

Overall it's pretty good. They have good meals and good, friendly staff people. The people seem very happy there. They do bingo, social hours, they have a few outings, and they have special speaker that come in. My dad gets assistance with bathing, dressing, and toiletry needs and all the care is pretty good.

This Was A Contender

They were a finalist when I was looking for a place for my aunt but at that time (3 years ago) they were not able to give insulin injections. When the time came that she needed them I didn't want to have to move her.

I liked the fact that it was a little smaller and had a little more homelike atmosphere. I like the fact that each room had its own little balcony/access to the outdoors. Two main things that made it go our of contention as that they were not able to give insulin injections and that they apartments and room were really small. I did not want my aunt to have to downsize so rapidly. I thought that would be too difficult for her.

We are moving my mother to ...

We are moving my mother to this facility. Clean, great staff, small memory care wing on the bottom floor. Access to gardens, good food. We hope it is a good match. Close to our home.

Dad is Happy

They are very, very, very expensive comparatively. The are also very accommodating. The transition for my father went very smoothly. He is very happy there. I would recommend them.

For activities, they have pretty much everything within the facility from ice cream socials to happy hours to games. It's really nice what they do on birthdays. They have a huge party for all the residents during that birthday month. It's really nice.

Very clean and bright facility. Laund...

Very clean and bright facility. Laundry service is part of the monthly fee (minimal). No odors noted during the tour. Did not witness facility resident activities, however, reviewed calendar and activity list. During the tour staff attitude was positive and friendly. Outdoor spaces, clean and neat, appears to be safe for residents. Nutrition opportunity available around the clock. Level of care includes retirement living, assisted and memory care to include medication management. Contracts run month-to-month with 30 days notice for termination. Overall, this a nice facility.

Very Nice. Had no 1 bedroom to show a...

Very Nice. Had no 1 bedroom to show and the studio was too small. $2,000 fee a bit steep.

great place/upscale, promising.

great place/upscale, promising.

This is the facility that my mom stay...

This is the facility that my mom stayed at a few years ago. My parents feel the two room apartments are a bit limited.

We really liked this place. The peopl...

We really liked this place. The people seem to be very prepared in memory care.

This was a nice place. Worry about th...

This was a nice place. Worry about the lack of assistance here. Also the dog has no real place to go, no dog park.

very nice facility. clean spacious r...

very nice facility. clean spacious rooms. numerous activities for residents. monthly calendar of activities/events. currently have 1 f/t live in staff. each room has patio or leads to garden area.

Villa Bonita is a beautiful, three-story Mediterranean-style building nestled in the center of Bonita’s quiet country setting bordered by horse trails and golf courses, while still providing easy freeway access to an array of shopping centers, churches, banks, restaurants and medical facilities all within close proximity. Our 130 studio and one-bedroom accommodations offer either a private balcony or patio area. Each apartment is equipped with a small kitchenette and full bathroom. Community features include common areas such as the Fireside Lounge, Library, TV room, Activity Room, Beauty Salon and a Private Dining Room for enjoying special occasions with family and friends. Our interior courtyard offers an ideal place for relaxing and socializing next to a waterfall, vegetable gardens, all surrounded by blooming gardens. Come talk with Villa Bonita’s compassionate and caring staff and see our commitment to offering the finest care and services available, while providing a quality lifestyle for seniors in our community