Brookdale Vancouver Orchards - Vancouver, WA

I'm settling in

I like that this is a smaller community and the people here are patient and understanding. I saw negative review before I moved in but it went through a change of staff and has shown some improvements. I have a 1 bdrm cottage with a small patio and my own garage. The food is excellent. They will engage me to join in the daily activities. The staff have done well and made me feel welcomed.

We've been very happy with this community

My Mother really likes living here. However, the maintenance people don’t get to things very quickly. She likes the food, though, and has said that it’s excellent. The dining room is open from 7am to 7pm and if they get hungry during the day, in between meal times, then they can go in and eat from the soup and salad bar. They also have a bistro area where you can get ice cream floats and gather to visit. My Mom gets good care and she likes the people that work there. She also really likes her room; it’s a one bedroom and is a bit smaller but it’s comfortable. It opens up into a patio with a view of the courtyard. The cleanliness is okay. The building is a little bit older but it feels like home and it has beautiful woodwork. The carpet is kept clean and housekeeping does the laundry for free. The whole place feels more personal than a standard nursing home. I recommend bringing your loved one here.

Horrible Place

My friend was in this community and it was a horrible experience for him. He didn't like the staff he could get no service. He fell one time and tried to call a nurse and it took 2 hours for them to come get him. The food was lousy. And monthly he would be called and said he hadn't paid and it was already paid for the accounting was off.

Great potential .

[Removed] was great. Facility and even residents were nice.I will probably schedule another tour so I can take pictures. Today was not a good day for me so I need to go back and revisit before finalizing my choices.

How the Community is Like

So far so good for us. We are having a little trouble with billing but the are working on it. The cleanliness is good and no bad smells. Everything is good.

My tour

This community looked immaculate when I visited. The people I met were nice. This community felt to big and complicated for my loved one.

A feeling of care for mom

I toured this community for the care that is available for my mom. The staff was nice and able to answer the questions on the care that is offered. The menu was appealing and they had some activities that would have been offered .We wanted an atmosphere that was different for my mom's care .We would recommend this community to other for a tour for the care of a loved one.

A visit

I liked this community when I visited. The staff I met were friendly. They allow pets and they seem to offer a few nice activities.

Having concerns about the community

My mother initially moved into the assisted living section of the community. One of the reasons we chose Brookdale Vancouver Orchards is they assured us that assisted living patients would not be able to get out of the building without a key card after 10PM and they lied.They also assured us that there is someone by the front door 24/7 and that was also not true. The first night my mother was here she got out and ended up on the highway near by.She was then moved to the memory care section of the community. The payment system also has not been consistent and I am waiting for them to work that out. I have mixed feelings about Brookdale at this point. I surely don't want to move my mother at this point if she feels safe. I feel moving her would be detrimental to her health. She seems to be okay and adjusting but we are concerned.

A fair review

High staff turnover and no notification to residence or family when someone leaves. The residence build a trust with these people they see daily and it would be nice to let the residence know when someone leaves.
They appear to be conically understaffed.
Rooms appear to be un- vacuumed for long periods of time.
Wait time for medications are long and often at different times, no regularity.
The price has outpaced the market the last few years and last two buyouts.
The staff and management have really gone down hill over the past two years.
We have since relocated.

So far so good!!

My mother recently moved into this Brookdale and so far things are going very well. The place is very clean and the food that they serve is very good as far as she has told me. We have no complaints at all.

Family member

This was one of the better communities I visited. Staff are generally friendly. However management is much less friendly or available once they made their sale. Care should be number one and sales will follow. High staff turnover is disturbing. There is no notification of staff changes to residence or family. This is problematic since trust of caregiving is most important to mom and family. Continuity is hard when stuff turn over is high. Nurse seem too busy to interact with family. The cafeteria has run out of key breakfast food on several occasions. This is unacceptable. Very little variety of exercise activities. The costs are so high I expect excellence for the cost.

Needs some organization!!

My mother seems to have made the adjustment into this community okay and has made her self at home in her new living environment. I am a little disappointed in the organization in this facility. I have had issues with the housekeeping taking my mothers towels and not returning them and the maintenance staff has not fixed the sink and multiple other things in her apartment after I have asked them to several times.

Amazing Staff

My husband is doing good and the staff are amazing and friendly. They go out of their way to call him by his name and talk with him even thought he won't remember. I have seen them braid the residents hair and talk with the residents, regardless is they respond, they give them interaction. i have been there when he gets his meal and it looks appetizing. My husband is not able to participate in activities but I have seen art projects. As far as what they offer, I do not see that it is majorly different than other places.

I would not reccommend this place to anyone

I have been very unhappy since they changed this from [Removed] and became Brookdale. They don't do anything for me, and they said they were going to charge me for using the washer, even though I do my own laundry, they say if they so much as close the lid they are charging for it. All I want now is to move, and I would not reccommend this place to anyone, especially not if you need any kind of help.

The main facility was clean and welcoming - loved the layout of the appartment and the fitness center. Some unique options that I really liked. The memory unit, however, was much more like classic nursing home - dimly lit, and in need of upgrade.

Not impressed by what I saw here.

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was not impressed by what I saw here. We toured quite a few and this one really stood out as being low quality. It's also very isolated, the only nearby "shopping" is a Shell station.

Good

It’s was good. My loved one didn’t really have time to use any of the care services or the activities at Vancouver. The staff was very friendly and the community was clean. We were happy with the value they presented.

I really liked this place. the Direc...

I really liked this place. the Director showed me many units, and gave me detailed floor plans and even a building floor plan! My parents could move into a 2BR as independent and assisted living could be added without them needing to move. (Memory care is available if needed & would require a move.) Medication could be managed from independent living. Their transportation is very flexible. I met several residents and they were all smiles. The meal selections were great. Everything was clean and nice.

interested!!

interested!!

We absolutely loved it. But no pool;(

We absolutely loved it. But no pool;(

Liked this home, but no furniture.

Liked this home, but no furniture.

Clean and inviting facility. Friendl...

Clean and inviting facility. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Private facility. Financial planner services offered to facilitate expenses and long term care. Max 15 residents in memory care facility. facility also provides respite care for a minimum of two weeks with reasonable rates.

Visited this facility and were modera...

Visited this facility and were moderately pleased. The assisted living wing was very nice. However, the memmory care wing felt very "clinical" and the rooms uninviting.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®