Brookdale Titusville - Titusville, FL has yet not published prices.

Not for anyone.

Not for assisted living. Consistent personnel turnover in clinical and managerial. Make rounds every 2 hours so mom laid on the floor for over an hour when she slipped to the floor from her wheelchair. Slow to contact doctor for medicine or changes to meds. No contact when a change in status. No care plan. Would not recommend this facility to anyone.

[Removed] who is now the sales coordinator met me and spent two hours talking and showing me around. She was really a sweet helpful person a real doll. Everything was really clean and the people were very nice. I got to ask several people how they liked living there and what the drawbacks were. They all were positive except for the outdoor parking.

I got to see two of the 2 bedrooms which is what I would need. They were currently occupied but the people were pleased to have me look. I told [Removed] if and when I move in and she needs to show one she can call me any time and if I'm at home come over, or even just bring them over if I gave her a key to do so. I know it's hard to move into areas like that and seeing something that is already furnished helps you decide can I get most of my stuff in. Hearing the people talk about their places also helped.

I put my name on the waiting list for a 2 bedroom and she will call when one becomes available.

That is the largest problem they have, not enough of the larger 2 bedrooms. They have some in Assisted Living, but they can't rent those out to Independent Living, or I could move in next month since a lady is leaving for her daughter's. When you talk to people who build these types of living tell them they really need to do more 2 bedrooms for those of us coming out of large homes. Both of the ladies said they came from large homes and had to cut down a lot, but a 1 bedroom would have been out of the question.

She said I am the first one on the list now since she just place her last 2 bedroom in Independent Living. I already knew that I would have to cut down on this 4 bedroom a huge amount, but I think it is time, and after I finish I think I'll be happier with less to care for. Oh yes, she did suggest renters insurance just in case.

I was very pleased with everything and the fact that it is only 3.5 miles from where I currently live which keeps me in the end of town I want to stay in, close to things I use all the time.

Time will tell as to when I can make the move, but if and when a 2 bedroom opens I will probably put the entrance fees down to hold it. I love the fact that for a very minor amount I can do that. They have dropped their entry fee from 2500 to 2000 with 500 for pets.\, well within my means as is the monthly fee, I was afraid of the cost, but they have kept it almost what it was when I first looked over 12 years ago.

She also gave me a list of when their scheduled transportation runs, and the food offering for the past three days so I could get an idea of that. I was able to get all my questions answered either by her or one of the ladies who's apartments I visited.

Now I am in a waiting period until I get a call, at which time, down goes the deposit, and I start moving, then have a partial estate sale by a reputable person, and sell the house.

[Removed] gave me the card of the real estate person who is helping her find a house since they are now renting; and the information on a lady who can come now and then to help with yard work that my lazy yard man ignores and I wind up doing, so that is a real help as well and went beyond what her job is.

I also got a copy of the She also gave me a copy of the September Community connections newsletter with the daily information so I have an idea of what activities are available.

All in all I am more impressed after having done the tour then I was with just visiting a friend there, and once the work and settling in, the move is done I think I will be very happy there and so will my cats.

Plus my two boys can stop worrying. I sm not sure they are going to like my doing it, but it won't impact them.

The only item I will pay for monthly besides the apartment is the cable because I want TV, Computer and Phone, and they only carry the basic for TV. They even include a monitoring button like I currently wear so I can switch to that and save my fee on the AARP one I have now.

All in all I think what I save in my current home with the move will cover at east half if not more of the apartment monthly fee.

I know I'd have been cramped in a 1 bedroom, but a 2 will do fine especially with the porch and 5h3 other buildings that have library, pool, exercise room etc, or just nice places to sit and talk or read if you want to "get out" but not leave the area.

[Removed]
Titusville, FL
[Removed]

Mother is Law Doing Well with Her Move Here

We are comfortable with my mother in laws move to this community. She is doing well, and so far everything is working out well. They have a really good staff at this facility. They are very helpful, and always willing too help. They do a good job with the cleanliness. Her room, and the community are clean when we visit. This is a community I would recommend, it is nice place.

I would recommend this community for people that are more independent.

This community was not a good fit for my sister in law. They staff were nice and helpful. They keep the community clean. The food was ok however they do not offer a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. They offered daily activities but she did not participate in them.

Disappointed

Having know some one in the place years ago it has truly changed, keep looking if you are looking into placing your loved one there.
The good staff they have had, don't stay which is a red flag. It is hard to find exceptional caregivers of course you can replace a body but it is not always about just replacing the body. The staff is over worked and seem to be doing other jobs that should be under other departments categories descriptions which takes always from patient care.
Unfortunately this has been observed for quite some time and the old saying you never know who is watching.
There are residents that are quite aware and have freely spoke during my visits unaware of who was really listening.
I feel sorry for the ones who put the effort in and go unnoticed while it seems the ones conducting are all about the money and themselves. When its suppose to be about the loved ones.

Great Place

The place is great. Everything is good with the facility. No Complaints.

Nice looking place, not the best fit for us

We toured Brookdale Titusville (Sand Point) when we were looking into respite care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice place overall, and the staff we met were all very friendly and professional! However, I didn't think the layout of the facility would be a good match for my loved one. It is very large and spread out, and she worries about getting lost.

Don't do it!

Don't do it! And, if you do, be sure to monitor your billing.

Don't move too fast

A depressing place to be. Or, maybe, I was premature in site selection.

We're only in our 70s, you see, and found the atmosphere more than a trifle stifling.

Too many questions (11 pages in one "little questionnaire" that was not presented during the "sign-in" phase. It was an unfounded invasion of privacy, to my mind, and went un-answered.
Be sure of your timing before entering any of these places. Being premature can get costly.

Billing practices are a trifle "iffy", too.

Good grub, though.

Seemed like a very nice place

We liked that their units are open, although we would have liked if they were a little bigger, but we did like that there was a washer and dryer in each unit.  The food was good, we had lunch during the tour. The community was clean, and the grounds were kept neat and tidy. The whole place seemed a bit dark because of the brown color scheme. We didn't notice any odors. Everyone we met was very pleasant. For what she was getting didn't find it outrages for the price. We also liked that they had an outside screen porch, and that they had some kind of activity going on all the time. They take them shopping, and they also have a bus service. Really her only concern was that the dining room was farther than she would like to walk from her room, but they said if she couldn't get to the dinning room they could bring food to her room.

Seems like a nice place, friendly employees

When I visit all of the employees have seemed friendly, helpful, and considerate, and my loved one seems like he is happy here.

Brookdale Titusville provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.