Brookdale Dogwood Creek - Germantown, TN

This was our second choice

We were very impressed with this community and our tour here, the staff did a great job showing us around and answering our questions. We felt that this community would be a good fit, although we did have some concern that it might be a bit too big for our mom.

Renamed to Brookdale Dogwood Creek

I thought they were a great community when I went to visit and tour the property. I really needed a 2 bedroom apartment and they did not have that available at the time.

A new community

This community looked beautiful when we visited. The staff were friendly and helpful. We just did not get the same warm feeling as we did at other communities. We felt this just would not be the suitable choice for our loved one.

Needs some improvement...

Since my wife moved into Brookdale, we are slowly adjusting to all of the changes. The staff and caregivers have been taking pretty good care of her. I think the management at that facility has been going through a lot of changes since we moved in. There have been some improvements, but they still have ways to go. The facility, for the most part, is okay on cleanliness, but the AC vents in the dining room are very filthy and need to be cleaned.

A Tour in 2016

I saw nothing wrong or bad during the tour experience. I didn't pick them because it was more about the fact, it is an assisted living community. My mom s not ready for assistance. We felt like she would be more better served in an independent community.

Family care and comfort

We like the care at this community. A clean community that we are happy to see. The menu is good and she is happy with the variety of. They have a lot of activities. We are happy with a .this community and we would recommend other families here for good care. The staff is really and outstanding.

Tour Went Well

My tour of this community was a good one. Everyone was very kind. The community looked nice. The experience was a good one. The location of the community wasn't convenient for my family to travel too, but my tour went well.

Love this community and feel pretty comfortable with the care and facilities. The campus is beautiful and all the ammenties are fantastic and new. Decor within is cozy and modern.
Room that are available for our short stay are quite small. However we could move up to next size should one become available.

Pleasant Tour

My tour of this community went well. The residents were very cheerful and welcoming. The community looked nice, everything looked nice and clean. My tour guide was kind and knowledgeable. All my questions were answered, Budget was a one of the main factors when considering where I was going to move to. This community was a little expensive for my budget, but it is a nice place.

Wonderful Care for parents.

This is a wonderful community for both my parents who are very happy here. The food is very good and appealing. The staff members offer excellent care and attention to everyone. There are wonderful activities for both of my parents that they seem to enjoy. I highly recommend this for wonderful care and value for other families.

The Solana is excellent!

The move for my dad went as smoothly as it could go with this change in life. The staff at The Solana Germantown have been very helpful and friendly. Dad is enjoying the variety of food offered. He is even partaking in some of the activities that the community has to offer. They have musical entertainment that comes in that he really enjoys.

Insufficient staffing of care givers, cleanliness needs improving.
Physical therapy really good.
Needs more creative and innovative activities.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Our regional operations and local management team has assured us that they are continuously working to stabilize the staffing and the practice of prompt cleaning.

Understaffed at the Associate level floor level care.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINT I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED

My mother is still a resident there but am in the process of looking elsewhere. I went there because it was close to where she had lived and it would be familiar since she is in the memory care area. Everytime I think I have one problem dealt with they hire someone new. The staff turns over like a revolving door and no one communicates with the other so you cannot expect your concerns to be shared with anyone else. I have had experiences like my mother leaving with someone and not even knowing she was gone. One of her old neighbors contacted me she was wondering around her old yard. I was livid and when I called the nurse said she didn't even know mother was gone. She was returned unharmed and the nurse was truly sorry so felt everyone is due a mistake. I live out of town and of course they know it but I leave message after message and do not get return calls. I email and they say they don't get them when I know they did. So poorly run that I don't have words to express. There are too many well run facilities so think and look really hard before letting the surroundings fool you.

So far so good. Mom moves in soon and all our interactions so far have been positive

The Solana...one of my favorites. I'm sure my granddaughter would choose this one for GG, if it were up to her. 😀 Awesome amenities. Living quarters...extraordinary! Adrienne was my guide/sales consultant and a great one she was!! The RAISED flower beds were the first I've seen in my search and I absolutely love the concept!! The residents were very friendly, welcoming...made me feel at home! ☺

1/24/15 - Met with Sherry Moss and had toured the facility. Liked the atmosphere, facility was very upscale and impressive - clean, awesome amenities and activities. Particularly liked the 24/7 nursing, on-site physical/occupational therapy, hair salon and restaurant-style dining hall. The 1 BR Apartments are a nice size but only have 1 bathroom. Adequate safety and security. Monthly cost is at the upper end of the budget.

not a good experience

The facility is brand new, and that being the case it is very clean and nice place. That is about the only good thing about the place. We chose them because they were new and it was close to where we live, and seemed at the time to have the best value in terms of what we were going to get in return. That, however, did not happen. They evaluated my grandmother and they knew everything they needed to know before she got in. Then we moved her in and once she got in there they started throwing all these extra charges on us. We have had to argue with them over some of the billing in order to get it back to where it is supposed to be based on the agreement we signed up under. We should not have had to have done that since they knew good and well what kind of care she would need going in. Many of the staff members there are friendly enough, but don't seem to know what's going on. The first day she was in there she ended up in the hospital because they did not know how to care for her. She's actually been in the hospital more than the facility. Just not a good arrangement and have had numerous disappointments. They need to screen people better and deliver on what they commit to.

Brookdale Senior Living

Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our number one priority. We have our personalized living program as it is needed. We are available to coordinate those services for our residents. Our management team is also available seven days a week to discuss any concerns.

Mixed experience

Well-appointed, lots of activities, good food. Daytime staff is generally well-trained and polite. Night and weekend staff is not as well-trained and poorly informed. Communication among shifts, services and administration is very poor, particularly in regard to health care. Calls to health care administration are ignored. Be careful and check in frequently on different shifts to be sure doctors' instructions are followed. Call buttons given to patients go unattended at times. Cost is high for the care given, and we had to hire additional outside help to meet needs making the cost double what we expected.

Brookdale Senior Living

Our management team is available seven days a week with expanded coverage for residents and their families. If there are any questions regarding our call system, we encourage you to visit the community and check out how they work.

My experience with The Solana Germant...

My experience with The Solana Germantown was not the best. We weren't able to move in due to a change in health, so we were unable to get our deposit of $3,000 back. I was not happy about that.

Brookdale Senior Living

We are sorry your experience with The Solana Germantown was less than you expected. We do require a one-time non-refundable Community Fee which is discussed with all families prior to move in. Our management team is available to discuss billing and possible refunds when able to.

Food is wonderful-Staff uninformed.

The place is LOVELY in decor and cleanliness.
The maid service for my family member's floor is less than desireable but we have not complained yet.
The food is fabulous.
The problem I have with this place is none of the staff seems to be on the same page. People are uninformed. I believe this is a leadership failure from top and departmentally too. Staff does not return calls in a timely manner.
I wish there was a nurse avaialable as we were sold on the fact that there was a nurse available but who knows.
I don't know how this place compares to other independant living places but there are seniors suffering in independant living from isolation and I don't think they notice. TIf you are healthy then this independant living is the place for you. I can NOT comment on assisted living as I do not know.

Brookdale Senior Living

Please be assured that the safety and well-being of all our residents is our number one priority. Our management team has biweekly meetings to discuss the needs of our residents. We are available seven days a week with expanded coverage to our residents and families to discuss any concerns. Our housekeeping team continually improves based on the feedback comment cards from our residents.

WATCH OUT

Extremely expensive; few meals included in monthly fee, every service is available but at an ADDITIONAL COST.

Enjoyed my brief stay

Enjoyed my brief stay

We were very lucky.

The parents had wanted to stay in their home until...something happened. Then we had to scramble. The folks at the Solana have made the transition (if you can call it that) as easy as we could have imagined. Senior staff is committed to meeting our needs. Without exception, the people who work there have been pleasant and engaged. We have seen very little incompetence or failure to follow up once the right people knew what we wanted. (The [removed] follow up to be sure.)

Upscale Community with Levels of Care

It was very nice and probably a little more upscale even, than the place we chose. We chose the other place really based upon the location because it's so convenient to where we live. This would be a 30 minute drive to Germantown.

What the Solana does offer that's different is they don't offer a full meal plan. It's a little more expensive per month but they only offers you 1 meals per day or something. I can't remember exactly but I know it was not all 3 meals a day. You can purchase more meals if you want.

They have a couple of different wings for whatever type of care is needed - independent, assisted, and dementia care.

This place is amazing. Not...

This place is amazing. Not only the staff working there but the people really care. This one is top on my list. This place is perfect....

Excellent facility. Higher ...

Excellent facility. Higher price, but lots of activities, good apartment layouts, and they were very interested in working with us to accommodate Dad's needs. I want to schedule a second visit for next week.

Great place. Has everythi...

Great place. Has everything a senior would need. Just a short distant for where our son lives. This place is at the top of our list.

We have visited this proper...

We have visited this property twice and really liked the amenities. This property is currently your first choice. I need to read more about the management company and review the pricing based on our needs.

The Solana Germantown provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietitian, helps residents retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.