Atria Cinco Ranch - Katy, TX

Located in the charming town of Katy, Atria Cinco Ranch is a senior living community where older people can live more independently, with discreet support from a caring, 24-hour staff. In addition to assisted living services, Atria offers Life Guidance® memory care for individuals living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.

Atria is convenient to museums, historic sites, golf courses, local dining and shopping centers – and just 30 miles west of Houston. Amenities include a salon and spa, movie theater, art studio and woodworking shop, plus an outdoor saltwater pool and an inviting courtyard for gathering with friends. Residents enjoy chef-prepared meals and a variety of engaging events every day, including planned outings to local points of interest like the Katy Contemporary Art Museum.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them to keep making a positive difference in our world.

Final 3 selection. Residents observed out, socializing, & having fun. In addition to security pendant, Apartments have "check" button residence must press before lunch or staff will come check on resident.

A Sight to See

We needed 3 meals a day, a huge bedroom for a king size bed, and at a reasonable price. I did have a good tour and everybody I met was nice. They were professional and they were able to give me answers I needed. The bedroom was big enough in some of the units, but rent in those units were more than we wanted to pay in rent.

My father's good care

I like the care the for father at this community. The staff is caring and attentive to my father's needs. We like his room and the community does have a swimming pool. The menu is outstanding and we have meals him very often. They have good activities that he is enjoying.We would recommend this community for the care and value for other families.

Doing Wonderful in This Community

Everything is working out pretty well for my love one with his move to this community. This is a wonderful community, and I'am pleased with his move here. Everything has worked out very well, and we are satisfied.

My Visit To The Community

The people we met at this community were nice. The community seemed clean, however it is an older community. The apartments did not look like they were updated. This is a larger community and we did not think it would work for our loved one.

Parents Love It Here

My parents love it here at this community. Everything has worked out very well, and I'am pleased with their move to this community. They are safe, and in good hands at this facility. I have already recommended this community to many people, it is a great facility.

The tour is very informative. The staff and residents that I encountered, all seem happy and friendly. The facility is beautiful and very clean. The amenities are fantastic, both for independent and assisted living. There are a lot of social activities, as well as happy hour. Atria Cinco Ranch will be our choice, when the time comes for us to sell our home. Excellent location in the Cinco Ranch area in Katy.

Excellent choice for seniors

My family chose Atria after comparing a number of senior retirement facilities in the Katy Texas area. Atria offered independent, assisted, and memory care options. We selected independent for our Dad. The price, though higher than other facilities Oder a value that we felt was worth it.

The upscale environment was shadowed only by the service and genuine care extended to all residents, and the security. The dining room, set up restarant style, offered a wide selection, which would gladly be altered to cater to the individual's dietary needs or likes. The layout, though large, is set up with visual cues to help make maneuvering easy. The daily activities, and transportation are geared to feeding the resident's social, medical and mental needs.

The apartments are bright, and include a small kitchen, a shower that is designed for those with limited mobility. The living room eat in area and bedrooms are comfortable and accommodated ample of Dad's furniture.
In addition the weekly cleaning service which can support tenant's laundry at an extra fee, if the tenant chooses not to use the washer and dryer in each apartment, is a nice option.

The staff is absolutely wonderful. When my Dad became ill and needed hospice support the staff and management supported both my Dad and our family anyway the could, and readily offered help when they saw we needed it. They made us feel like family, and took good, loving and respectful care of my Dad. I spent a lot of time there during my Dad's final days and witnessed this behavior in every staff member throughout Atria.

I strongly recommend Atria for anyone looking for a safe, enjoyable apartment for their elderly loved ones. Making this decision for our loved ones is often a difficult one. We worry for their safety, and feel guilty for not being able to provide the care at home (with most family members working or going to school large blocks during the day) and want our parents to have a rich social life.

Wonderful place, but a tad expensive. Very, very clean. Dining options sound delicious.

My Mother-in-laws's Care

This is a excellent community for my mother-in-law. The staff is outstanding and always is taking care of things when needed or asked. The meals are good. This community is highly recommended for great care for a loved one.

Tender Loving Care!!

From what i have heard i would recommend the community. The interaction between the staff my loved one and the other residents is good. Activities on site and off site are offered. The place offers a special event center and complimentary transportation. At the moment my loved one is not very pleased about the meals they need better taste and presentation.

It's been great. My mom loves it.

It's been great. My mom loves it. We have been very pleased. She seems to like the food. Jeni, my advisor with A Place For Mom helped me find this place. The whole experience has been wonderful. She was really patient and followed up with us. She made it easy.

The Solana is just down the street from my house. This would be a great location for my mom. The staff and residents all were very outgoing and happy. I was impressed with the quality of the construction of the units and the cleanliness of the property. I don't know if mom would use all of the activities provided, but there is enough variety for everyone to find something to do to stay active socially, intellectually and physically.

A good experience

There are three separate facilities at the Solana: independent care, assisted living and memory care. I have had no direct experience with the assisted living section but have had direct involvement with the other two areas. Some of the provided services (building maintenance, food service, etc.) are shared.

I had resided at the independent living section of The Solana at Cinco Ranch, with my partner. during the latter months of 2012. Because of progression in her condition, my wife has hence relocated to the Memory Gardens, where she now resides. I no longer stay with her but visit regularly (normally twice per day) when I am in town.
I must say that I witnessed little, if any, of the negative situations portrayed in some of the reviews. Contrary to the experience of some, when I stayed at the independent care facility, I found the food and services to be excellent, the staff always courteous, and the facility well maintained. The people that I dealt with went out of their way to be helpful.

What is most important to me now is that my wife receives consistent, compassionate care. This happens when the hands-on staff, to whom her daily welfare is entrusted, are caring and considerate. It is my observation that this is the case in the memory care unit, the residents are treated with dignity, as though they are family. The uniqueness of each individual and the changes that inevitably occur, as dementia progresses, can have unpleasant consequences. The staff deals with these in a kindly manner.
Let me be clear. This is no Eden, bad and sad things do happen and, at times, situations could have been better handled. The memory care unit does not provide one on one coverage, some unfortunate circumstances will occur, but, all in all, the staff, services, and the facility are admirable.

Don't believe the hype when they give you the tour!

Way overpriced. The place looks nice at first look but it certainly is not luxurious by any means. My mom stayed there 3 months and couldn't move out fast enough. Most folks were living there because their children wanted them close to them. Mom and her neighbors did not consider this home. The management staff was uncaring and almost rude. I feel sorry for the ones that have to stay there because there really is no other option in the Cinco Ranch area. Ugh. We moved my mom to the Conservatory and she is absolutely in heaven now.

Oh yeah. My mom was without a/c for 30+ days her first month. The compressor died so they brought in a portable unit (which flooded her carpet on day 1). Kept one room cool. Every other room was hot and sticky. Maintenance as very apologetic but their hands were tied.

One evening, my husband dropped by to visit and found my mom on the floor. He frantically called the front desk for help and it took forever for them to show up. When they did finally come to they room, they acted like they had seen it 1000 times (probably had), told my husband to call 911 and had absolutely no empathy at all. No help to get her up. No offer to make a phone call. Nothing. Like I said, we couldn't get her out of there fast enough.

Go to other places

Over priced, the management team is poor. Food is bad and the care is bad. They have no concern for your concerns my loved one was given wrong meds and they covered it up. There is always major turnover. Never enough help. Have contacted the owners and no response they lie to you and raise the price all the time and try to charge you for things that are not even given to your loved one the person running the place has no relationships with family or even has time for the family. Thank goodness that a new place is opening in Katy that I can move my family member there.

Way to over priced Care is Bad!!!

This place really needs help. It has a major turnover all the time the management staff is rude the director is never out of her office and is not friendly and doesnt care about staffing or the Resident care, She shows no concern for anything but to hide behind her door. I have contacted the Arbor Company who runs The Solana and they say they will take care of my concerns but does nothing out of sight out of mind. They have lost good people for the way they treat them. The care of your family member will not be done I walked in on my mom laying on her bed half dressed sleeping and not taken to breakfast. Meds are a mess not given at the correct time and always makes excuses. They can not keep a good nursing director it looks good but not good care they will do anything to get you to be there but dont fall for the tricks way to over priced we paid 5000.00 a month for nothing we were told to get a sitter for our family member when she was sick instead of them doing thier job. not worth it we moved out and hopefully others will be to before they are broke.

Care not their forte.

The Solana is experiencing problems in the communications between patient and caregivers. Their call system does not work efficiently. It can take from 2 to 30 minutes to respond. Getting to loved ones during off hours is difficult. Laundry is often thrown in strange places around the apartment. Corporate office likes to give incentives rather than work on the problem. My star rating reflects the care issue, the facilities are beautiful. If you want care, look elsewhere. Beauty, this is your place. Look for reviews of people that have someone living there, not just visiting.

Almost Too Fancy

It was very nice, but my dad is a country boy and it was almost too fancy for him. He wasn't comfortable being there. It was nothing that they did, he just didn't fit in.

Always Understaffed

Just because it is more modern it is clean, but they don't know how to change a diaper and the rooms all stink. It's a corporate deal too, and they build nice palaces and then they have no help. They'll hire and RN and she'll last a month or two. They are grossly understaffed and they don't hire people that are skilled at changing diapers and all that. Then they quit after two weeks, and I get it, it's hard work. They're always talking about how they aren't making any money, and the people suffer.

I can tell they really are trying.

I have had the food and the food was good, it was a big issue for us and since she has been there she has gained some weight and her appetite is improving. Sometimes it's slow or the waitstaff isn't great. She very rarely complains about the food itself and the times I have eaten there it's been very good. I think they need more people helping the residents at mealtime, sometimes there's only two people passing out meals and helping and they feed everyone at the same time. I think they are trying to improve that now, but it's hard. The other thing I think they can improve on is their responsiveness, when she pushes her button, sometimes it takes 30 minutes to respond. I liked their approach for people with memory issues, they seemed real open to keeping her in assisted living. When we were looking, the rooms were brand new so she felt like it was hers to set up. They weren't too busy and fancy, but they were very nice, without being over bearing, but not so laid back that she felt like it was a commune. It was a good fit, and they were very accommodating to her, and patient. They have really helped her make friends with other residents. They will send me pictures on my phone of her engaging in the activities. I can tell they really are trying.

Great looking, larger community

This was one of the locations we toured at when looking into memory care for our loved one. We really liked the way their memory care program was organized, and they seemed very knowledgeable about the intricacies of working with memory care patients. It was a very large community, and had a resort-like atmosphere. Unfortunately during the time of our search they did not have availability for the style of room we were interested in.

Loved it but mom needed more care

This was really the place I liked the most and wanted my mom to go here but it was more of an independent living and I felt like my mom got beyond that, they did have assisted lviing but it wasn't opened yet and it really wasn't as convinient for my brother and I. But looking at the independent living, the square footage for the rooms is much larger and the price is better compared to assisted livings, but I couldn't have gotten the veterans assitance and really, in the long run, I would have spent more here.

5 of 5 stars. I really only looked a...

5 of 5 stars. I really only looked at one other but this one struck me as the most modern

Within Budget - Very Nice - Apartment...

Within Budget - Very Nice - Apartment Style

New, clean great rooms and great food...

New, clean great rooms and great food to choose from, not one set meal for everyone. Compares tothe Atria in that respect only less people which I thought was nice. Great shower area. Found out that Aunt needs a physical before she can move in. Said people have been turned down after talking to the nurse. We'll see what happens. I chose this one.

This was my favorite place--would be ...

This was my favorite place--would be perfect for them.

This is a beautiful facility - a very...

This is a beautiful facility - a very resort type atmosphere.

Too near freeway?? Not sure of outdo...

Too near freeway?? Not sure of outdoor space.Independent living unit H (one on ground floor, 1107) would be GREAT. It is a 2/2 at 1225 sq ft with a 325sq ft wraparound patio in a corner unit! The assisted living units look pretty good as well. Sort of fancy but not over the top.

1225sf apts--brand new--small closets...

1225sf apts--brand new--small closets- beautiful facilities--view, not so much--not much landscaping. Excellent menu / 5 star chef. Very friendly.