The Sheridan at Lakewood Ranch, Welcome Center (Now Open) - Lakewood Ranch, FL

One excuse after another

My mother has been residing her for over a year. While the building is beautiful and the sales people are on point, it is all smoke and mirrors. This past weekend my mother hit her call button between 8:30-8:45. No one answered it till after 10. This is inexcusable BUT HEY, it's not the first time it has happened. Nope, it's the 4th. They are constantly short staffed. They are on their 3rd or 4th Executive Director as well as Director of Nursing. They have told me every time "we know there is no excuse and we have put (fill in the blank) plan in place." WELL clearly their plans don't work. We are beyond frustrated at the lack of infrastructure and support within this facility. We are filing complaints with multiple state agencies.

One of the newest facilities in the area. Closest to [Removed], with easy and quick commute to get there. Single bedroom can support a queen bed and the rest of [Removed] bedroom furniture. Living area can support two recliners and widescreen TV on current credenza. has a small counter area at table height easy for a chair or wheel chair or motorized scooter to pull up to for eating, etc. best place suited for [Removed]. Corner unit has extra light in bedroom.

Good current incentives, including waving second person fee, reduced community fee, moving allowance.

Disappointed

Pro: Good location, new facility.
Con: Does not have the trained staff to provide the promised services. At $210 per night, toilet paper was not provided.

Disappointed

$210/ day and toilet paper was not included . Care services were not as advertised and had to be supplemented with outside provider (doubling daily cost). The facility is new and has many operational issues to iron out.

We love it!

This is a brand new community and I must say that I am very impressed with it. The staff are awesome and very helpful. The community is clean of course. I love the way that the staff is caring for my parents and the way that they treat my parents. The food is good and we like the overall feel of the community.

Great choice for Assisted Living Facility, The Sheridan of Lakewood Ranch

The Sheridan of Lakewood Ranch is one of the best, if not, the best ALF in the Manatee/Sarasota county area. After previewing many facilities, The Sheridan had more pluses than most any of the other facilities. From the lovely upscale entertaining/common rooms and dining room, to the generously sized and outfitted apartments, to the wonderfully friendly and competent staff, to the great food selections, especially on Friday during happy hour. Most all activities and crafts are offered, with on going upgrades as wants and desires from the residents change. Also available is "on site" PT and OT in the work out rooms. All together, it makes The Sheridan a great pick for a forever home for a senior loved one or someone who has needs beyond "in home" care. I was shown all of the great amenities at the Sheridan, by Hope Owens, who took the majority of my worries about placing a person here, away. She took such care and time, making me understand that this was home for my loved one and that they would care for them as I did. Kudos to all who were involved in helping me make a difficult choice much easier.

Perfect "home" for our Mom

The staff is by far the most personable group! They have all the kinks worked out before anyone moved in.
This is the perfect "home" for our Mom!!
The food is very good, dining room is bright and cheery, and having very courteous servers make it a lovely experience.
You can feel how happy and content the entire staff is, and that starts at the top! Everyone is more than happy to accommodate residents every needs.
We are looking forward to our Mom spending full and happy days making new friends and enjoying all the many activities. At 93, she has much to offer and loves to learn new things.