Room 149 was the best option, but still viewed parking lot. Greeted warmly by staff and residents. Meals seemed good with plenty of options. Main doors opened with a push of a button which was nice.
Pet deposit and scooter deposit were higher than other places toured...this was the first place with a scooter deposit.

Horrible

My Father has lived at Orchard for three years. It was a wonderful place until it was bought and became Caydance.
Unfortunately, We are moving him now to a place that will care for him. Cay dance has become a truly horrible place for seniors to live.

A loving touch

We are happy with the care that is received here in this community. The community is clean and maintained. The meals are nice and she is happy with the variety. They do have a list of activities and she has made friends. She seems to be comfortable and happy in her new environment for comfort and value

Very Nice Community, So Far Pleased

This is a very nice community, and so far everything is working out well for my mother with her move here. My only concern has been The Orchard Assisted Living has been brought by another organization. So there is some changes happening at the moment. However the changes have not affected the care they are providing my mother with. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. They provide good meals, and nice activities for the residents. It is a community I would recommend.

Very nice place! Everyone super friendly, dining options sound delicious, rooms look wonderful, courtyards are beautiful! Will definitely keep The Orchard at the top of our list under "Definitely worth considering!"

Warm, friendly and caring staff. Incredibly delicious food which we got to try since we were there during dinner. Table service as if you are in a restaurant or room service if you prefer, like a "cruise ship without the water." Residents and families we talked to seemed very happy.

A tour for great care and value

I liked this community tour that I received for my mom's care. The staff were nice and answered the questions we had on the care that is given here. We did like the menu of the meals that are provided. They had a lot of activities that would have been offered to her. We needed a community right away. This would have been a good value for the care that we were needing. I would recommend this community to other families for the value.

The Orchard

placed an inquiry with a place for Mom regarding assisted living for my Mom. I quickly received a phone call from [Removed], who was extremely helpful in directing me to facilities that met Moms needs. After visiting two places it was very evident that The Orchard was the place for her. I went alone for my first visit and was met by a staff that was so caring and considerate of my needs and they had not even met my Mom yet! I went back a 2nd time with my Mom and my husband and was again greeted by the same friendly, kind and considerate staff. After making our decision, Mom was placed on a waiting list, she has since moved in and is very happy. I am so grateful that we found a place that is so kind. 5 stars for the orchard and their staff!

We love it here!

The staff here are really caring and it is genuine. They are great about keeping me informed about the progression of my loved one. I think the community is bright and open and like that they have a place for the residents to sit and enjoy conversation. They do have some activities, but they could do better.

Good Care for Dad

This is a nice community. The food is good and a variety. Activities are offered to keep active. Very clean and appealing. I would recommend this community to others for good care.

All Is Great

We are pleased with the care and it has been going well for my dad. The staff are awesome and friendly. My dad is eating good and tasty meals. The staff do a great job with keeping the community clean.

Not A Warm Feeling

I took a tour here and I felt like it was a hospital. There were residents in wheelchairs just sitting there. This is not what I wanted for my parents. It did look nice but did not meet my expectations.

Mom blooming at The Orchard

Mom has been there a month and everything is going well. The caregivers are fantastic.

Respite stay

Friendly staff. My mom stayed 3 weeks during a "respite stay". The monthly cost reflects the cost of $150/day calculated for a monthly amount since a daily amount was not provided for this survey.

When we checked my mom out of the facility and gathered her personal belongings - we were missing some of our flatware and washcloths. Either my mom threw them away or the items disappeared.

Peace of Mind is a God Send

The Orchard is everything that my family wished for when placing our Aunt in Memory Care, five months ago. She had been in several assisted living facilities over the last 7 years. We thought they were adequate. However, once we discovered The Orchard we realized what a gem! The staff is what is so amazing and important. The staff is caring, knowledgeable, and devoted to making each day for the residents meaningful and enjoyable. Really! My Aunt is very happy now and is well cared for in every way. From the first day I walked into The Orchard, I knew this was going to be the place. The Director, Ruth Ann, didn't push the facility at all. She worked with us and asked us questions that showed she really cared about my Aunt's well being. Whatever home we decided on ... as long as it was the "right" fit for my Aunt. It just had a loving caring environment. The facility is very clean and the food good. The activity director, Nancy, takes great pride in her position and gives the residents physical and mind challenging goals. I see improvement in my Aunt's abilities in just four months. I would also like to praise the staff that actually helps my Aunt with her daily needs. They take wonderful care of her and give her lots of needed hugs and encouragement. My family and I feel happy when we leave The Orchard and know she is in good hands until we return. The peace of mind is a God send....Thank You to All Staff at The Orchard.

I'd recommend anybody!

The Orchard is a very great place! The staff is nice and friendly and My Aunt seems to be adjusting well. It has only been a short while since she's moved in and so far so good.

Things are going fine so far.

So far so good. The community is clean and the staff are friendly. I have no complaints.

So far it's been great!

So far it's been great! We haven't had any issues with maintenance or anything so far. We liked that it was a smaller community, which makes it easier to get around in. They also gave us an apple pie when we first went.

needs improvement on activities

They could improve on the activities for the seniors. They need more outings for them. The facility is very clean and the staff is very friendly. They just need more activities for the senior citizens.

Overall, my loved one is happy with the food and she is doing great

We had a few issues at first, at first they were nice and welcoming, but overtime that stopped but, that's ok. Overall, my loved one is happy with the food and she is doing great.

My mom is happy.

We had a few issues at first, at first they were nice and welcoming, but overtime that stopped but, that's ok. Overall, my mom is happy with the food and she is doing great.

Beautiful

The property is beautiful. They are friendly and nice. They could follow through with laundry and putting away.

I like it. I am very impressed so far.

I like it. I am very impressed so far. Sometimes laundry gets mixed up. The food is great, and the activities are good. I was really impressed with the lady that called me from there, and I liked the location. They were pretty competitive in price to others in the area.

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with The Orchard Assisted Living. It's a nice looking place, they're taking great care of my loved one, and I've also been very impressed by the transportation services that they offer. I'd high recommend them!

Pleasurable Experience

This is our first experience with an assisted living facility and it has been a pleasurable experience with The Orchard Assisted Living. It gets a five-star rating overall and in every additional category as well.

The Orchard represents a new concept in assisted living and memory care and is built in a residential setting located in Katy on Kingsland Boulevard. The Orchard embraces a person-centered care, which emphasizes the residents’ individualized needs and ensures their well-being. The caregivers truly feel as if the residents are part of their family. Services and amenities include onsite 24-hour trained caregivers, weekly housekeeping, laundry services, scheduled local transportation for medical appointments, shopping, religious services and other local activities, assistance with bathing and dressing, medication management and onsite physical therapy.