The Manse On Marsh - San Luis Obispo, CA

The Manse on Marsh offers a bold new concept in senior living. Our exceptional community features a unique lifestyle opportunity never before offered on the Central Coast. Choose to live independently with our competitive rates, or tailor our services and amenities to suit your individual needs and budget.

Located in the heart of San Luis Obispo, The Manse is within walking distance to local shopping, restaurants, bookstores, coffee houses, ice-cream shops, art dealers and churches. We offer fine dining or the more casual Bistro, detailed housekeeping with bed and bath linen services, personal laundry, chauffeured transportation, a Lifeline® alert system and much more. With our fitness and wellness centers, we focus on our residents’ overall well-being.

The Manse is dedicated to creating the optimal quality of life for our valued residents in a unique senior community that is both beautiful and inviting. We offer the ideal combination of choices, confidence, and peace of mind.

The choice is yours. The pleasure is ours

Very nice. Need indoor hallways and 2 bedrooms, which were not available. Also wanted attached memory care. Really like the dining room.

Thank you for filling in the Gap!

I have watched a 95 year old grumpy woman, bloom and enjoy her life once again with friends. The laughter and smile in her eyes has returned thanks to the staff and facility. She doesn't hide in her room, she is never in it. If not for yoga, activities around town, crafts, horse races, tea parties, ice cream socials, bridge, etc. While the extra attention that the staff puts on their dining experiences for their residents, makes them feel extra special too! Way to go Manse! With this ever changing age of our parents living into their prime, Thank you for making them feel welcomed and giving our generation a safe and secure environment!

Ron Freeman

Thank you for the kind feedback. We absolutely adore having her here and I personally enjoy her constant smiling face and kind greetings.

- Ron

Staff Is Really Gracious And Kind

The staff is very helpful. Maybe communication could be a little better. Had a change of cooks and took some time to adjust. Staff is really gracious and kind.

Ron Freeman

Thank you for your kind words. We are very excited to have our new Executive Chef on board and are looking forward to many years of his excellent leadership and tasty cuisine.

I Couldn't Ask For Better

Caregivers and wellness people are great, the servers are great and friendly. The Manse is doing a good job. I couldn't ask for better. The staff are happy, have good ideas and I love them like they were my own grandchildren.

Ron Freeman

Thank you for your feedback. We love having you as a resident here and look forward to many years of service to you.

Beautiful but Costly

It's a beautiful place but out of our price range. My dad wasn't real excited about it when he saw it. It's right in the downtown section of San Luis Obispo. You can pretty much walk everywhere you want to go. I'd say about 90% of our reason or not going there was the cost.

More independent living with a little care but very nice appearance

I don't think they were able to deal with her memory issues because that's been a progressive thing, she had been there for 3 years and she seemed to decline and he behavior was not consistent. When she would get upset, basically from what I was told, is that they weren't really dealing with it and they didn't seem to know how to deal with it. It was like an upscale, really really nice hotel so appearance wise it was really nice but I think they're more of an independent living place with some assistance but they do have RNs 24 hours a day. We just felt that as she declined it wasn't the best palce for her.