Atria Farmington - Farmington, CT

Over promise - Under deliver

Yes, the faculty is beautiful. Yes, the nursing staff is incredible and some other employees are great. Otherwise, they have a systemic problem of incompetence and poor customer service. From the top down, there are no expectations placed on the employees. Very few even smile. My mother was so excited when she moved in, but we quickly learned that the sales team over sold and the management under delivered. It was a month before we even knew that the Atria laundered the sheets for us. It took me two months to understand the add-on prices. No one gave us a new resident informational packet or welcome tour. They just sold us on an over prices room with a half kitchen and left us to learn the benefits and policies on our own.
My mother recently moved across the street to a building that is not as pretty, but a staff, from maintenance to the Executive Director that makes her feel special every single day.

Kate Vance

Eric, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback - I'm sorry there were parts of your experience you weren't fully satisfied with, but I'm happy to hear that your mother is doing well. If you have questions or would like to share anything else, feel free to contact us any time at [removed].

Call from [name removed] [removed]

Info from [name removed]: music therapy; 1 Bedroom $4,995

Review of Atria Farmington Farmington, CT

Clean comfortable-light and bright top of the line community. Offers many activities-your choice to participate or not-staff help above average-only independent/assisted facility that offers 7am to 7pm restaurant service. No designated seating. Entertainment offered-varies and is usually good! "The cruise ship that never leaves port"

Front desk employee’s ([Removed]) are rude and ignore – walk in guests.
Dining room -2 male waiters act inappropriately in serving.
Food service – “Always” – late & slow.
Constantly – running out of food at meal time.
Tables and chairs (dining room) unsanitary!

Kate Vance

Thank you for reaching out. Your comments concern me and I'd like to help. Can you please reach out to me directly at [removed]? From there, I can better understand the circumstances and how best to address them.

This is a 10+ staff and community

My brother and sister-in-law were in a stressful situation because he was going to be discharged from the hospital and could not return home and this community went above and beyond in helping our family. They rented furniture at no cost to us for their 2 bedroom apt in the assisted living so it would be ready for his discharge and give us time to swap out their furniture once they were both moved in. The staff are comforting and caring and the medical attention my brother is receiving is great. We know that they are both in a safe and secure place. The dining room is open 7am-7pm so that the residents can come in and order from the menu during that time with no set schedule and the food is really good. Thank you all for ALL you have done for our family.

Great memory care for seniors

Atria has a very caring staff. We had a few kinks at the beginning, but everything is being taken care of.

Couldn't be Happier

I couldn't be happier with my decision to move my mother to this community. She is doing great, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. The staff have been amazing. They are very helpful, caring, and kind. They really take the time to listen, and understand my concerns. Every time I visit her I feel more comfortable with the choice to move her to this facility. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for us.

On the Fence

As with anything, communication is so important. My family's experience to date has been that communication between staff and family and even staff themselves has been inconsistent and on more than one occasion poor.

We are working with the facility and staff to improve communication keeping in mind what's best for our loved one.

Impressive Community

Very impressive community. Everyone was very kind, and my tour went very well. The community looked great. You can tell they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are nice activities offered. The residents were very cheerful. It was pleasant experience.

Very happy people!

We are very satisfied with the way this community is running things. They have done a wonderful job with helping my loved one transition. The food is really good and there is a variety. She is trying to get involved with the activities. Also Holis gave us a wonderful tour and was very helpful.

A brand new beautiful community!!

The staff are accommodating, patient, kind and treat mom very well. They offer a variety of activities and even have ones that cater to the male residents. They have cocktail hour every evening and take trips. The upper level has a card room and games. The dining room is beautiful and the kitchen is always open. The food is great and they offer a variety of choices. They have offered monthly move in specials and I would recommend this community.

The Landing of Farmington is a clean well taken care of community!!!

The food tastes good and they offer a lot of healthy choices. The staff are engaged with my dad and tell me all the time how much they like him. They come to get him to participate in numerous activities as well as the field trips offered on Tuesdays. They offer things such as daily exercise classes and weekly entertainment. I would recommend this community but I would make sure it fits your individual needs.

A Nice Tour

I toured this community for my mother, it was a pleasant tour. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. It appeared to be a well maintained community. The staff was kind and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. It was a nice tour.

This has been an extremely positive experience!!!!

My brother has been making new friends since moving into The Landing. The staff are very accommodating, friendly and got to know him immediately. The food is very good. We had family come to visit they reserved us a private dining room and gave us a tour of the community. My niece really liked it and said it was a fantastic place. We would definitely recommend this community actually I am ready to move in myself.

The Landing of Farmington fits my Sister in law perfectly!!!

The staff at this community are outstanding, attentive, caring, says hello and asks how you are doing. This is a very clean beautiful community. I have eaten here and the food is good. It is like eating in a nice restaurant. My Sister in law likes to participate in a lot of the activities and has made friends. This community gets my recommendation.

I can't wait to move in myself!

I've recently moved my father to The Landing of Farmington. I love how bright and cheerful the community is! All the natural lighting and common areas are really going to helpful with his adjustment. He's enjoying the anytime dining, and asking the chef to make his favorite foods. The staff has been so sweet to him! I stopped in the other night and saw him playing poker with two other gentlemen!
I can't wait to move in myself!

Located in a charming residential neighborhood just minutes from historic downtown, Atria Farmington is a new assisted living community for active older adults. This thoughtfully designed residence provides discreet, 24-hour assistance with day-to-day care needs, as well as a forward-thinking memory care program for seniors living with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia – all backed by the industry-leading quality standards of Atria Senior Living.

Residents enjoy amenities including multiple dining venues, a salon and barber shop, a wellness center for physical therapy and inviting common spaces such as a library, media room, patio and courtyard – plus regular outings to local shops, restaurants and attractions like the Hill-Stead Museum.