The Kensington Victoria - Victoria, BC

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Review of The Kensington Victoria, Victoria, BC

We were very pleased with every aspect of The Kensington. The room was nice and clean, the staff was always friendly and the food was exceptional. I have had a few meals with my dad there. If there was one small issue it would be that anyone can wander in during the day, there is not a buzz in system although in the evening that changes. They do have a sign in but it is not used very often.

Happy and safe.........

My mother has been a resident of The Kensington for the past month and our family is extremely pleased with our choice of Retirement Communites.
The staff have been most accommodating during her transition. She has made new friends and enjoys her meals each day. Mom feels safe and is no longer alone in her former home.
I would highly recommend The Kensington to others who are seeking Retirement Living for friends or family.

A second home with benefits, no meal planning, no shopping or clean up and lots of interesting people to talk to and share time with.

My 90 year old Aunt wanted to stay in her own home, remaining as independent as she had been for the last 90 years and did not see the need to visit any place else to live, thank you very much. I visited a very nice retirement home with my Aunt. She said it was very nice but even after a second visit would not discuss even the thought of staying. We visited the Kensington and almost immediately after going through the door and meeting some of the seniors in the hall on the way to the dining room she remarked that this was the place for her. We enjoyed a delicious lunch and walked around the kensington. Everywhere we were greeted with smiles or a hello. My Aunt trialed the guest suite for about 10 days until her suite was ready. In the month that she had been a permanent resident, the kensington has only improved in our estimation. The staff really care, nothing superficial honestly. I worked as a geriatric nose in a few facilities across canada and I could not give a higher recommendation than we picked the right place. All the other seniors that we meet daily feel the same way. A relaxing friendly atmosphere and delicious meals served with friendly caring polite staff. You can tell that they like their jobs. I am so thankful that we found the right fit for my Aunt. She tells her friends that she has landed in a soft spot. She even had an old high school friend drop in for a week in the guest suite for a long overdue reunion. My aunt has family coming this summer and they have already booked a guest room for the visit. Very reasonable rates all round.

Staff great! Revera Stingy!

This is a fine retirement home for a gregarious or wanna-be gregarious. People living alone and coming here will find many friends and activities.
If you are generally a loner, you will be left alone generally and aware of nice people to help you.
The less-attractive areas are dining services and variety of the breakfast menu. Breakfast menu is good but need variety such as adding pancakes/french toast. Courtesy needs explaining to residents who have breakfast.
There is only a small salad offered at dinner and soup only at lunch. I miss soup/salad offered at dinner!!!!! Two dinners have salad bar...very good. Revera Company should see the large salads people like. Other days, salads are dismal offerings.
MAIN CONCERNS: TERRIBLE SLOWNESS FOR SERVICE AT MEALS. It is also personally annoying to have activities announced at dinner by use of loud microphone. It scares some/shocks some with suddenness of speaker's voice. Person needs perhaps a small bell to announce her presentations. We are there to eat and must/should stop as a courtesy; meal gets cold/colder. This is a serious problem but long wait between courses offered is worst.

Caring, attentive staff

I really felt that the staff at The Kensington went above and beyond throughout the entirety of my loved one's stay. The caregivers were caring and attentive, and they always made sure to notify us as soon as anything came up. They were also very accommodating in regards to my loved one increasing care needs. There was always a sense that her comfort, safety, and happiness were a priority. I would highly recommend them.

Did not like the location, facing a remediate large condo building covered in blue tarp. Extra care not available in this building. Also expensive.

Revera – The Kensington is located in the Gordon Head area of Victoria, B.C., a well-established residential neighbourhood. The retirement community is right next to the Tuscany Village Shopping Centre, and just minutes from other shops, medical clinics and local services.

In this beautiful community, The Kensington provides appealing retirement living accommodations and a selection of flexible, customized care services. The community promotes a full domain of wellness, whether in body (the signature Rev it Up fitness program), mind (Dakim Brain Fitness to support cognitive health) or spirit (engaging recreation and social programs). The Kensington also offers an exceptional culinary experience, with a warm and inviting dining room, with menu options to meet every need and preference.

The Kensington is part of the Revera family, one of North America’s leading and most trusted providers of seniors’ accommodation, care and services since 1961.