We will be moving my dad into this facility. In-house physical therapy and exercise classes 6 days a week made the difference. [Name removed] worked with us very closely.

Independent Living - so far so good

I recently moved a parent into a 1 bedroom apartment in the Independent Living section. So far, I've only heard a couple of minor complaints from my parent and one isn't the fault of the facility. The neighbor above makes loud pounding sounds at odd hours such as early morning. The a/c works great, but the vents are so loud that you must adjust the volume of your t.v. when the a/c comes on.

My parent commented that the food selection is adequate. I wouldn't say it's 'restaurant quality', but it's not bad, either. I have tried it.

Staff all seem very friendly and attentive.

It's not an inexpensive place, but I think the monthly cost is in line with most similar facilities.

The heritage in tomball, had many wonderful employees that have been let go by recent management. The many residents appear to disagree with the loss of very empathetic employees. I am concerned about my loved ones care.

Terrible new management, bilking seniors

This place is horrible. Don't even think about housing a family member or friend at this home. My grandmother lived at The Heritage for two and a half years and they were constantly changing their story about what her rates for the next year would be. They didn't care at all about her financial situation and quoted her different rates than what they quoted other people.

After multiple tries our family was unable to negotiate with Heritage to reach a compromise over the price tag. Instead they raised the rate even higher than they said they would. They couldn't even explain or justify the rate increase, using an incorrect points system that was unintelligible. An extra $200-$400/month is a lot of money. They should know that most elderly people are on a fixed income. They are literally just trying to bleed elderly people dry. Heritage (and their new director [name removed]) should be ashamed of themselves.

Very nice facility. The 1 bedroom apartment was a little on the small side, and although there is no "door" to the bedroom, there is a wall separating the living area from the bedroom. Nice big bathroom with huge walk in shower. Great activities and the menu looks varied, with lots of options. Will visit again to let my mom have a tour.

Too far

Location is perfect, clean, common areas are nicely decorated. Toured 1 available room, well lit,paint color was a little yellow. Appliances were dated but appeared okay. The one available room is upstairs, I would prefer downstairs. It had a homey feel and was not so upscale that my parents would feel out of place. I really liked that the assisted living and memory care were connected to independent living.[Removed] was very helpful and not pushy. This facility is overpriced for the shape of the facilities. It definitely needs to be updated.

Staff is accommodating and they have a lot of activities

I am very pleased with this facility thus far. They staff is very accommodating and they treat my Mother-In-Law very nicely. For activities the offer things like church services, bingo, card games, and painting lessons. The facility itself is well decorated and they even decorate the hallways. They have a large community room and a large room to watch TV in. I would definitely recommend this facility to other families.

Everyone is friendly

Everything here is going well for my loved one. It is a beautiful place and everything is nice and clean, smells good, everything is nicely arranged, and the people are friendly. The staff is definitely welcoming and knowledgeable. There is a woman there, [Removed], who is amazing. She runs herself all over the place making sure she is meeting people, giving those tours, and showing them around. They also provide activities like crafts, bingo, movies, and little church services. Also, from what I’ve seen the food looks appetizing. I recommend this location to others.

Not A Good Experience With The CEO

We had to move my mother to an another community, because she needed more care. This is a nice community with good people. The only issue I had was with the CEO. He does not care out the seniors in his community. They have a good staff, but the CEO was not a good experience.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had at this community for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I thought they did a good job maintaining the building and all of the bedrooms as well as common areas where kept clean. It was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision.

warm atmosphere, looks like it will meet Mom's needw....but somewhat labyrinthine....lots of hallways twists and turns

Mom's Care and Comfort

This is a good community with great care. The staff are outstanding and caring to the residents. We like knowing that the community is clean and maintained. The menu is appealing with a nice variety. We like that they have personal services for her. The offer activies for her to participate. We would recommend this community for the good care and value that is offered for other families and their loved ones.

Just ok but my mother in law liked it. Hoping to get the price down. Not sure about activities or amount of care she would get. I will check next week.

Tour for care

I toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff were nice and answered the questions we had on the care that is given here. The community was nice and they offered a nice list of activies for the residents. The menu seemed appealing. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Tired appearance

In my opinion, this community isn't the way it used to be. The floors didn't look fresh and it needed a new coat of paint. There were some areas you could tell they were trying to remodel. The whole community looked tired and worn down. They didn't seem prepared for me. I made an appointment and it appeared the person I scheduled with didn't inform the rest of the staff.

Good Experience, Tour was Nice

I had a very good tour of this community. The community looked very nice, everything was well maintained. The staff was nice, and polite. It was a good experience overall.

The facility was great!

My husband was at The Heritage for a respite stay and it was a pretty good experience. The place was clean, the food was great, and they had a lot of activities. The only thing that was not the best was the nursing care, they could get a C-. I do not want to say anything negative, but because I am a nurse myself, I feel like they could have done a better job. Everyone was very friendly.

Tour for care

This was a nice tour. The dining room was very nice. The menu seemed very nice. We would have liked this community and for the activities, she would have been offered here would have been helpful. Families should tour this care for the needs of a loved one

Too many people and too big

We toured this community when we were searching for a place for my grandmother. It seemed like a nice place and was very clean.The staff was friendly as well. It was just too big with too many people.

Outstanding in everyway

I like this community for the care for my mom. The staff are very nice and attentive and caring to her needs. She does the all the activities. She likes bingo. and music. I really like the price and it is very affordable for the good care. She is happy and I like knowing she is in great care. I recommend other families for the excellent care and value for a family member.

My tour!!

We wanted to have mom live at this community, however it was a little out of her price range. The food is chef prepared meals and it reminds me of hotel food. They have different dining options. The community is beautiful and it is kept clean. The staff I met were nice.

Not the right fit for us.

The Heritage had more of a hospital setting and didn't feel like home. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to address all of my concerns. The Heritage was just not the right fit for my husband.

Overall Pleased

My loved one is doing well here at this community. I'am pleased with the care they are providing him with. The community is well maintained, they do a very good job with the cleanliness. They have a very good staff here. Overall I know he is safe and good hands. I would recommend this community.

My mom truly feels independent here. she can walk to a grocery to buy food and snacks. Activities are good for her and she is much happier
Highly recommend facility

Ken

Very friendly staff and helpful. All questions asked were promptly answered. Facility is in great location and has all services needed by Seniors. My Mom is happy here.

Mom Is Doing Well

My mother is doing very well at this community and we are very pleased. This is a really nice community everything looks great and very clean. I really enjoy the staff they have been very helpful and kind. There is great activities for the residents and the food is pretty nice. It has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend this community.

Very satisfied

We're very pleased with how things turned out with The Heritage. We've got no complaints, it is a very nice place. The people are friendly and caring, and the place is clean and well kept.

It was overwhelming for Mom initially as there was so many things going on, but gradually she warmed up to the new surroundings and people and seems to be happy as of now.

Not Moving Anymore

I am loving my move into The Heritage everything has been wonderful for me here so far. The place is spotless and very well kept and maintained. The staff here is wonderful and amazing with all the help they have been giving me sometimes I feel like I am asking to for too much be they reassure me that they are here to help me and that really gives me a peace of mind living here that I am safe and very well taken care of. The food is great and I have dinner with some friends sometimes. This has been a great move for me and I am not moving anymore this is my new home. I love it!

Going pretty good

Things are going pretty good. She is getting settled in. She is not really happy with them, but I think it is just here disease making her think that way. It's hard to tell, but so far we don't have any complaints.

5 stars

Very happy

We are happy with them so far.

We are happy with them so far.

Person set up to give tour not available and no contact made that she wouldn't be there. Person giving tour was very nice but not knowable on layouts. Place seem sad. Nurses nor other members smile or seemed to enjoy their job.first impressions last.

We are very happy with them.

They have been fine. She is happy and well entertained. I spoke to her today, and she said she has no complaints. If you didn't feel the earth move you should have. It's the first time I've heard that. We are very happy with them. I give them a five on everything.

Nice facility, but didn't see any of the tenants socializing outside of their rooms.

She likes it there, she likes the people.

It's a little pricey. There are a lot of added charges, medication charges, laundry charges, that kind of thing. The care has been very good. She likes it there, she likes the people. They haven't really gone anywhere that she wants to go yet, but they have activities onsite that she likes. She likes the food, and the choices, and she has a little kitchenette if she doesn't want to go down from time to time.

I would rate it very highly, an overall five.

I toured this facility recently. I liked it, it's very nice. A co-worker recommended this to me, on top of my original referral, and I think it will be the place we choose. I would rate it very highly, an overall five.

No resemblance to the nursing homes of yesteryear.

Overall this place was very nice, with no resemblance to the nursing homes of yesteryear. It was very clean, with no foul smells. The staff was very attentive and spoke freely to all. This was the first community we visited and we weren't really ready for the price. I saw great interaction between the staff and the residents when it came to care. I didn't see any activities going on at the time of my visit. I did get to see the calendar of scheduled activities with a full array of events and activities, there was something for everyone. Painting classes were offered as well to inspire creativity and a calming effect.

They have been very nice and accomodating.

It was not a good experience.

We weren't here very long, and I would not put her here long term. There are security issues. People can come and go anytime, especially through the back door. There is nobody at the back desk after 8:00 officially, but there isn't anyone there after 7:00 from what I have seen. People also come and go in and out of the resident's rooms, which is unnerving. They have a new director and they need to work on a lot of things. I was disappointed I couldn't get anyone to talk with me to address the issues, and concerns. It was not a good experience. They mixed up rooms for services like showers. The nurse that was overseeing everything was excellent, but she had a lot on her plate, and they couldn't keep things straight. The people were nice but they were very unorganized.

SMOKING OK, cell [removed]. One STUDIO coming available $2550, unit 3. private bath, sitting area with TV one room. Bigger than the other studios. Assisted living with reminders, select an apartment, base rate, then assessment to determine the level of care. Studio apartment $2550, semi private $1530 sleeping in same room. plus reminder services $400 per month. no semi private available. now would go on a waitlist. similar to hospital room room with curtain down the room.

Independant living - house keeping, activity director, with home health care OK. $2940.

RN will to an assessment to determine the level of care. level 2 care. salon, community $2250 one time fee, community fee. month to month, 30 day notice. one year lock in, cost of living increase in January, 1-5% annually.

1 bedroom $2900 independent living.

Old, old, old. Staff was very nice but the facility needs updating. Not the place for us.

Location was very large but building too old.

Review of The Heritage Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Tomball, TX

Long, confusing hallways with an institutional feel. Pricing seemed high for the place. Limited outdoor areas. Pictures from website are from independent living not assisted living side. Misleading

They really are doing a pretty good job.

They really are doing a pretty good job. The staff is really friendly. They have a lot of activities, but they seem to be more female oriented. They have started a veterans group and they are trying. The food gets a five, they do very good with the food. We have had a few issues and they have been very responsive. We liked the location, and I like the level of assistance, along with the activity. There were a lot of places, where people were just sitting and watching T.V. in one room all day.

lovely place. nice big room...

lovely place. nice big room with bath.friendly people look happy lots of activities veterans club

Liked it very much. In our ...

Liked it very much. In our top 3

Very friendly

The staff is very friendly and caring and they treat the residents with dignity and let them have their self-pride and self-worth. My dad says the food is pretty good. It’s a really good value. It’s so much better than the other place we were at.

Please be mindful

My frustration is that they don’t return phone calls. The food is very good. Make sure you get every promise in writing. The staff is pretty good and they are the best feature of this community.

Independent Living, but far.

Independent Living, but far.

Sliding scale diabetic

All Assisted living facilities are not created equal. Do your home work. check them out in person . ask a lot of questions. Home health services are not good for sliding scale diabetics. A full time RN is needed for accurate care in most states . Med technicians are good for most care but not Diabetics. The recommended facilities did not have the ability to care for a sliding scale diabetic. One Brookdale did (not heritage Tomball), so I moved my mothers furniture in. two days later the director called and said they wanted to split the care 2 shots of insulin by the RN and 2 by a home health care service . I said NO. they did however pay to move my furniture to another non Brookdale facility 1 hour away ,that could take care of my mothers needs. Hurray for Belmont Village west university in Houston TX .

All level of care. pet fri...

All level of care. pet friendly.

A Good Place for Mom

They treat your mother like family, and in this community the members interact with one another very well. The staff is well trained, and this keeps the protocol working properly. Tomball, TX is a very wonderful small town, that has a great many of retire people living there, and The Heritage is right in the middle with all the amenities that one would expect. I would highly recommend your love one to consider this community for their Mom.

They Do A Good Job - No Complaints

My mother-in-law has only been there roughly two months and I don't have any complaints. They seem to be really friendly and do a good job of controlling her medications and monitoring those. They seem to have a lot of activities that a lot of the poeple can do and enjoy. The food is good. I don't have any complaints.

very nice place for senior ...

very nice place for senior living but not sure about focus on dementia care

Good size, smells/looks clean, people...

Good size, smells/looks clean, people professional, location good, transition available. Rates reasonable. Best so far.

The director called and invited us to...

The director called and invited us to tour. Very informative and seems to care about patient and family first over business.

Traffic to and from was too much. Th...

Traffic to and from was too much. The Director was very nice and informative. Seemed empty, not depressing but lonely. Didn't love it

Nice facility. One story. Room availa...

Nice facility. One story. Room available very near dining room. Drawback to room was there is no door separating the bedroom and the living area, and no window in the living area. 3 full meals.

Facility being updated. Do not lock d...

Facility being updated. Do not lock doors. Assists with feeding and prepares special foods such as soft or puree.

We had visited this one prior to the ...

We had visited this one prior to the tour and decided due to the fact we had the information we needed and had seen it prior to not keep the apt. The staff was very nice and has been helpful since then.

The Heritage Tomball is a unique retirement community with a compassionate staff and customizable care - offering independent living, assisted living as well as respite and hospice care.

For those who value their independence but seek help with some of life’s responsibilities, The Heritage Tomball offers an independent living community that provides support without compromising freedom. Our community sustains and encourages a senior’s active lifestyle, in addition to providing companionship and social interaction.

The Heritage Tomball also offers a helping hand to seniors who have discovered that daily assistance is necessary. Residents of our Assisted Living Community are welcomed into the companionship of neighbors and the expert care of a thoughtful and courteous professional associates.

City Info

Tomball is a small city located in the Harris County area of southeast Texas, with a population of around 11,600.

- Walkability score: The area receives an average walk score of 66, making it a fairly walkable city.

- Average age: The median age for residents of Tomball is about 38, with the majority of residents within the age range of 25 to 54.

- Senior housing facilities: There are over 200 seniors living options in Tomball.

- Weather: Tomball experiences long, hot summers and short, cold winters. In the hot season, temperatures reach an average daily high of 87 degrees Fahrenheit. In the colder months, temperatures range between 43 and 62 degrees.

- Veteran's facilities: The Tomball Veteran's Affairs Outpatient Clinic offers free care services for veterans. There is also a local VFW post that provides veterans an opportunity to engage in fundraising activities and charitable community events.

Health and Safety

Tomball is a relatively safe city, with a low rate of violent crime and convenient access to medical care.

- Hospitals: Most hospitals in Tomball are centrally located. Options include the Regional Medical Center for general services or the Memorial Hermann Tomball Hospital for 24-hour emergency services. The Kindred Hospital Tomball offers services for patients who are chronically ill or in need of specialized care.

- Crime rate: The majority of crimes that take place in Tomball are property related. Its violent crime rate is lower than that of the state of Texas, as well as the national median.

Sports and Leisure

The city is home to a variety of leisure opportunities for seniors such as golf clubs and community programming, as well as a number of public parks.

- Golf courses: Over three dozen golf courses and driving ranges are available in and around the city, including the Tomball Country Club, Gleannloch Pines Golf Club and Augusta Pines Golf Club. Swing Zone Golf also offers an indoor golfing experience.

- Tennis: Public tennis courts can be found in parks throughout the city, including Spring Creek Park and Jerry Matheson park. There are also private courts available for members at Glennloch Farms.

- Nearby gyms: Tomball Community Center hosts a number of activities each month for seniors, including sit-and-fit classes, exercise programs and line dancing. In addition to its physical programs, the center also hosts activities and events like art and crafts classes and seniors lunches.

- Parks: There are a number of public parks located throughout the city that feature walking trails, wildlife observation spots and seating areas that give residents the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors.

Transportation

While Tomball is a relatively walkable city, there are a variety of transportation options for seniors to explore.

- Buses: The Houston METRO system offers a bus service with a number of stops along the Texas 249 Highway, or Tomball Parkway, with discounted rates for seniors. Harris County Transit also offers a bus service that serves areas of Harris County that are not served by the regular METRO system.

- Taxis: Options for taxis include Tomball Cab, ACM Taxi Service and Reliable Cab Service.

- Ride shares: Uber is a popular ride share option in this area.

- Additional transportation: Harris County Transit offers a RIDES, a curb-to-curb subsidized program that provides non-emergency transportation services to senior citizens at 50 percent of the regular cost. Options include a pre-booked shared ride program and regular taxi service.

Religious Facilities

Tomball is home to residents of a number of different religious denominations.

- Nearby religious facilities: Major religious denominations that have large congregations in the area include Tomball's First Baptist Church, Salem Lutheran Church, First Presbyterian Church and St. Anne Catholic Church, with a number of smaller churches located throughout the county.

Shopping and Entertainment

Tomball is home to a variety of award-winning festivals, unique shops and restaurants and exciting cultural attractions.

- Nearby shopping: Tomball Town Center is the city's major shopping destination, and is located right in the heart of the Tomball. The city is also known for its boutique stores and shops selling antiques and collectibles, many of which can be found at Vintage Park, an outdoor shopping plaza located just outside the city.

- Grocery stores: Nearby options for groceries include an H-E-B Grocery, Kroger and Walmart Supercenter. Specialized food stores and markets are also available in the surrounding area.

- Restaurants: Tomball has a number of locally owned eateries as well as popular chain restaurants. Nearby dining options include Popeyes, Cici's and The Egg & I. Seniors discounts are offered at many casual dining restaurants in the area.

- Movie Theatres: Premiere Cinemas Tomball is the city's local movie theater. For a more unique experience, seniors can enjoy a double feature at Showboat Drive-In Theater, just a short drive away.

- Libraries: The Tomball Community Library is located on the Lone Star College campus.

- Salons: A variety of hair and beauty salons be found throughout the city, including Southern Kingdom Hair Salon and the Hair Lodge Family Hair Salon, which offer services for seniors at discounted rates.

- Attractions: Tomball is home to a variety of museums, historic sites and cultural activities. Popular attractions include the Tomball Museum Center, restored Railroad Depot and Plaza and the Tomball Farmers Market. The city's many parks, trails and nature preserves offer opportunities for outdoor activities and wildlife observation. Tomball also hosts a number of award-winning festivals and events every year, such as the Rails & Tails Mudbug Festival, Tomball German Heritage Festival and the Tomball Texas Music Festival.