Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Review of The Heartland Okotoks, AB

For the most part the staff are excellent. There are no complaints about the meals. The things that are frustrating are the maintenance items that block my Mother from using her deck for weeks because the door is tarped off and her window covered up. Also she has experienced problems with her hot water -which is NOT hot when she wants a bath. The ceiling on her floor has been exposed for maintenance for weeks and the carpets covered in paper. It seems that work does not progress very quickly there. Also her Internet service goes offline frequently and she has to get a staff member to sign her back in. These seem like small issues but for a senior that is coping with memory and hearing loss problems they can make for an uncomfortable living arrangement.

Review of The Heartland Okotoks, AB

I toured this facility. The staff seemed friendly and the place seemed clean and neat. I liked the amenities and location, but ultimately another facility was a better fit for me.

Great Facility

My Dad has resided here for over a year and a half and we just love the facility and the staff. The food is great and the activities are always full of fun things. We highly recommend this place it feels like home to us now too and I never feel bad leaving him as I know he is in great care.

Perfect Independent Living Residence

Great place. Only set back and strictly a personal situation is, that the facility would not be in a position to accommodate my mother's dementia in later stages therefore we would be required to move her again at that time.
Other than mentioned above the Heartland would be ideal in location, amenities, staff and value.
Thanks [Removed] for your time, excellent tour, presentation and follow up.

[Removed]

Very nice. Friendly and professional. Location is great. Looks like a good match. We will arrange a tour for my Dad when he is here 16 to 28 Dec.

Food could be better

My parents were at the Heartland and the actual apartment and area was nice but the weekly cleaning was poor. We opted out of Heartland cleaning and brought in our own service. The actual common areas were clean, but crowded for the number of residents on site.

The food was pretty bad for the cost. Food and lodging for two people in a two bedroom was $[removed].

Sad to leave.

Our mother received outstanding care at Heartland. When it was determined that she required a higher level of care, she was moved to a long term facility. There, the level of care has deteriorated significantly. We miss Heartland and the wonderful caring people there.

Nice property; units are very nice, spacious with darker carpet and big bright windows; property backs onto trees; back patio is sunny and absolutely beautiful with a gazebo; back trees are part of a park near the river; dining and sitting areas are bright; view of parking lot, main road and future commercial businesses from front units; construction underway across the street; property located basically right off main road; visitor parking was a bit tight; smaller front lobby area but cozy; pets allowed; the back view really makes this one a contender despite the distance from Calgary

Revera – The Heartland, located in charming Okotoks, Alberta, offers a range of tailored programming, activities and amenities to suit the individual needs and preferences of each resident.
The Heartland exudes small-town charisma and simple elegance. Here, the charm of country living combines with the convenience of modern comforts. Choose from one of the full amenity senior apartments or an all-inclusive retirement living suite, the perfect option for seniors looking for a carefree lifestyle.

Set on beautiful picturesque grounds, the beautiful Sheep River walking paths are just steps away. The Heartland is also within walking distance of downtown and local amenities, as well as easy driving distance to vibrant Calgary. There is simply no other retirement community like The Heartland in the area.

The Heartland is part of the Revera family, one of North America’s leading and most trusted providers of seniors’ accommodation, care and services since 1961.