The Hearth at Prestwick - Avon, IN

3 week stay

Safekeeping unit:
Employees were very friendly and [Removed] said the food was really good.
The issue comes down to being really short staffed.
Friday her clothes looked dirty then on Sunday her sister said she was wearing the same dirty clothes. I’m not sure if her hair had been washed during the 3 weeks she was there.
She doesn’t use a wheelchair at home but did while she was there. (Fall risk) The therapist said she would only use it when she was alone. Now that she’s back Home she has more trouble walking than before. I don’t believe she walked around much during her stay.

Great place to live

What a beautiful community. This is the first assisted living community that I felt that the residence were truly happy. The staff at the Hearth at Prestwick make everyone feel like family and are community focused. I highly recommend stopping in for a tour and lunch in the cafe. They offer a large made to order menu and the food is delicious, nothing like other community/facilities I've been to in the past.

Taking good care of our loved one

It was a good move for our loved one and for us at The Hearth at Prestwick. It was becoming very difficult to provide the care she needed at home. We feel very good that they can provide the care that she needs. It is a clean and well-kept community. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. They are very welcoming to our family members when we come to visit. The staff is very friendly and attentive to my mom's care needs. The staff is easy to communicate any questions or concerns regarding our loved one's needs. We have eaten there with her and the meals are great. They offer the main meal and if you don't like what is served you can order off a menu for a different selection. Her room is very nice. We helped her decorate her room with her own furniture so that it looks very homey and helps her to be more comfortable. Outside they a nice courtyard in the back and chairs in the front for the residents to get some exercise or relax and enjoy the fresh air. I would recommend this community to others.

Liked The Community

I really liked this community when I toured it. The staff was very friendly and nice. The executive director was wonderful very nice and professional and nice. The community was very clean and well maintained. I just didn't get the sense as I was walking around that mom would be completely happy here.

My visit

This is a larger nice looking community. This community allows pets and seems to offer some nice activities and amenities. We just felt more comfortable with the community we chose.

Tried it for respite

We tried out The Hearth at Prestwick for a respite stay for my mom. If things had of went well we would have had my mom come to live here. We felt that the facility was understaffed and she would not get the care we wanted her to have. It was not a good fit.

Our visit

This looked like a nice clean community when we visited. They offer some nice amenities and the people we met were nice. We did not get the feeling this place would work for our loved one.

Our experience

The people I met at this community were friendly. Mom stayed here for a short respite stay and things went ok. She liked the food and they did offer daily activities. The community is clean and the grounds are nice. I would recommend this community for a respite stay.

Care for my dad

I like the care here for my father. they are attentive. The community is very clean. We like the meals and we are happy with the variety. They do have activities that are offered to the residents. I would be happy to commend the care and the value to other families for the care of a loved one.

Outstanding Care

This is a nice community. I like how the staff is caring and friendly. The meals appear to be good and appealing. She is offered activities, but at this time she is not active. We would recommend this great caring community to other families.

Neat, clean, fantastic staff (especially Lisa Roberts) a wonderful place for my mom and mother in law.

Felt Pressured!

The community was nice and well kept up. It was in the process of being remodeled when I went for my tour. The staff was friendly but the thing I didn't like was when I arrived I told the leasing agent that I was just looking, and was not ready to move my loved one in yet. Towards the end of our tour, the leasing agent was somewhat pressuring me into signing the lease and I didn't appreciate that.

A great community!!

I have had a few interactions with the staff and they seem nice. They encourage mom to participate in the daily activities. They offer a good variety of tasty food. The community is well taken care of and I would recommend it.

This community did not seem homey to me!

This is a larger community as it has 3 stories. We were looking for a closer knit community. I spoke with the director numerous time and they were very nice and informative. I was able to see that they offered numerous activities.

Good value

Nice facility and staff. No unpleasant surprises. Value is good when compared to neighboring facilities. Older facility but very well maintained. They appear to reinvest to keep it fresh.

It was very nice.

It was very nice. Everyone was very nice. This didn't end up being the best fit for us though, and the memory care was very expensive here. They worked with me on the final bill.

They are doing okay.

They are doing okay. There is a lot of confusion about the coordination of care. They charge for all the extra assistance's. There is a lot of miscommunication between the staff and the people that come to help with different services. They are not very organized. They are short staffed. It's clean and the food is good. I think everyone is really nice, but the coordination and communication really needs work.

Very nice place!

So far we've been very pleased with how things are going! They seem to be pretty well on top of things here! The staff are all very friendly and caring, and they do a great job looking after their residents. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and seems like a pleasant place. They are worth a look, if you are searching for senior living options in the area!

The Right Choice

My husband and I are very pleased with our decision in placing his mother at The Hearth,Keepsake Village. We
had feared she might go into depression or become angry with us, but quit the opposite seems to have occurred. She is smiling , laughing and more talkative. She is participating in the activities, including a bus trip for lunch out at a nearby restaurant. We feel she is much happier or is pretending very well for us when we visit. We have actually thought maybe we should have done this sooner.
The entire staff is very courteous and helpful, very caring.

Hearth of Prestwick

The Hearth looks clean and they are able to make friends and enjoy their activities. As far as care there is a lack of nurses and nurses that truly care about your family.

Toured the facility with Sh...

Toured the facility with Sharon Hostetler. It was clean and attractive with individual or shared rooms that were attractively furnished by the residents. It appeared to be well staffed with activities designed for the residents. I was told that most of the residents would be lower functioning than my mother. They do not have sufficient staff to take residents to activities outside the memory care area of the facility, or to take them on many outings. I felt the activities and and services were generally geared toward lower functioning residents and that my mother might fell out of place there. Also it is a little farther away than some of the others. It was reasonably priced, clean, and well-staffed.

Sharon had called me to ask...

Sharon had called me to ask if I could come some other time and we made arrangements to visit on Saturday. We met with her and instantly felt at home. She was a wealth of knowledge and willing to work with us on any level. While a first glance at the exterior was not as eye appealing as others we saw, it was obvious that the spirit of the place is in its people inside. Residents appeared to be happy, engaged and well looked after. They have a more extensive menu for meals. Very clean and well appointed with large rooms for their residents.

Dad is Doing Well

My dad doesn't take advantage of a lot, but i don't think that they could do much more than they are doing. But I do wish that they would take a little more initiative to get him up and out of bed. He seems to like to the food. They have a lot of outings and the will drive residents to the store. He has his own apartment, but it opens up into a hallway indoors. It seems like most of the residents are at the same level as my dad both cognitively and physically, which is nice.

Excellent Staff

They have a good amount of activities but they could a few more. They do have an excellent staff that seems to really care about the residents. The food is good. It could be a little different, they could have a little more variety and they could also take advantage of the local farmers market during certain seasons. Overall we are pleased with our experience with The Hearth and would recommend them to anyone.

I thought that the independ...

I thought that the independant side was very nice and smelled pretty good. You can tell they plan a lot of ativities and the residents looked happy. The rooms were nice and spacious, the dining room and snack room were quaint and friendly. The memory care side smelled a little bad. It was not as nicely decorated and looked very minimal. The rooms on both sides are a decent size with nice bathrooms. For someone in the early stages of dementia or alzheimers, the memory care side seems a little depressing. I think my grandma would like the style of the independant side better due to the atmoshpere it has but does not have the accomodations that she needs.

My husband toured the facility last w...

My husband toured the facility last week and this will be my first choice! The director is one of the very Best gals....She is Great!

nice place,hallways are in a circular...

nice place,hallways are in a circular format, apt small saw a 2 bedroom, kitchen space very small, bathrooms large with walkin showers, nice staff, all meals, memory care on first floor different wing these apts are small do have a bedroom area with small sitting area. Have in house therapy, many activities

The Hearth at Prestwick is a premier senior living community in Avon. Our community offers residents a worry-free environment as all of their day-to-day concerns are taken care of. The Hearth is a 132-apartment community, which includes independent and assisted living as well as our Keepsake Village. Keepsake Village is a state-of-the-art Alzheimer’s and dementia community catering to the specific needs of those living with disease.
We employ our own 24-hour nursing staff with a licensed nurse on the building at all times. Other amenities provided include weekly housekeeping and laundry services, three meals a day seven days a week in our Gathering Stone Restaurants, scheduled transportation, a full activities schedule, and an emergency call system that connects you directly to the nurse.